The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Made some ribs.
20190126-183642.jpg

Soldato
If I make them I usually just eyeball it until it's fairly thick batter however I'll give you a rough estimate (this makes loads).

Plain flour (sifted) 200g
Egg - 2 medium
Milk - 200ml
Caster Sugar - 3-4 tbsp
Melted Butter - 3-4 tbsp
Baking Powder - 1.5-2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp

Mix the dry ingredients, mix the eggs and milk then combine. While mixing melt the butter and let it cool, add in last.

Cook on a medium heat in a non stick or oiled pan. Don't flip them until they've risen considerably.

Thanks for the recipe Raikiri. I came home from a gig around 1.30am and was craving pancakes so I made some. I used your recipe but halved the amounts, eg, 100g flour, 1 egg, 100ml milk, etc. Came out delicious!! So easy to make. They look almost as good as Craig's. :D I got about 8 or 9 pancakes out of this batter. I think my mixture was slightly on the runny side, flipping them got a little messy, lol. I think I'll add a touch more flour next time. I'm also going to make buttermilk by adding some lemon or white vinegar to the milk. Apparently it gives more sponginess. But yeah, loved them as they were and I drizzled butter and maple syrup over them :)

Pancakes-1.jpg

20190127-023327.jpg

Caporegime
@robfosters

You're doing it wrong by not getting it in naan bread!
The meat was a bit fatty, and honestly, I am not a health freak in any way, I eat all sorts of crap, but as I get older, I’m beginning to find the mountains of grease in a doner kebab a little repulsive.

I suppose approaching 40, I could be subconsciously realising that I’m at the age when my arteries could really start clogging.

Soldato
Had american style breakfast. I made some more pancakes. Came out even better this time, thicker and more sponginess as I used some wholefat milk and turned 100ml of it into buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes till it curdled.

20190129-141922.jpg

20190129-142051.jpg

Soldato
Thanks Raikiri, it was your recipe I followed. :)
You've done a good job with those macarons. Having seen a walkthrough, I know how difficult they are to make which is why I haven't attempted them yet.

I've just made a late lunch cheese and button mushroom omelette with croquette potatoes.

20190131-143625.jpg

Soldato
UwacCvP.jpg
Left to my own devices while the mrs is out with friends so polished off most of this chased with some ales

That looks incredible, It's been a couple of years since I've tackled something like it!

The doner meat was a bit lackluster but everything else was absolutely spot on, really tasty and chargrilled to perfection.

I've ended up with that style doner meat when in unknown territory after a night out, too thin and light in colour, always disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom