The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Dfj4z9.jpg

Breakfast at Scran today, trying out their latest weekend special, the Haggis Stack. Was haggis on toasted sourdough bread with grain mustard mashed turnip, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and oak cake crumb. Oh. MY. GAWD! This was freaking delicious! So glad I got a chance to try this. Every element of the dish was superb! :D

bJhkDv.jpg

Went to Bill's for lunch. Tried out their fish finger sandwich and fries. Come with tartare sauce and ketchup. Very tasty and not too filling.

IIex1v.jpg

For dessert I had their pecan pie, with vanilla ice cream, cinnamon cream and hazelnut crumb. Lovely!! :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
How is that 1100 calories?
That must be one calorific smoothie!

The tea, crumpets and grapes total around 300 calories. The rest is the smoothie which consists of:

2 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1g cinnamon sugar
10g brazil nuts
10g raisins
10g hemp protein powder
30g naturya blends organic greens (30% Hemp Protein Powder; 30% Wheatgrass Powder; 20% Barleygrass Powder; 10% Pineapple Powder; 5% Chlorella Powder; 5% Spirulina Powder)
2 tablespoons 0% fat greek yoghurt
350ml semi skimmed milk

I have one smoothie a day if I've been doing a workout as I need the surplus protein and calories!

Soldato
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar

350ml semi skimmed milk
with such diverse/harmonious ingredients what does it taste of ? .. ... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I want my calories to be enjoyable like the haggis stack.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
with such diverse/harmonious ingredients what does it taste of ? .. ... what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I want my calories to be enjoyable like the haggis stack.
The brown sugar adds sweetness without any downsides, it is all carbs after all, the cinnamon sugar adds a hint of... well you guessed it :p

The remaining flavour is raisins and peanut butter. It's actually really nice as long as you put in enough milk else it's quite thick. At least 350ml milk for the above dosage of ingredients.

Caporegime
I like a smoothie a day. Typically, I'll put some washed greens (average of 2 to 3 servings) with either some unsweetened almond milk/apple juice sweetened soya milk. Then, I'll add an egg, some berries (blueberries/cherries), maybe some tahini or walnuts. Lovely jubbly. :)

Soldato
I have one smoothie a day if I've been doing a workout as I need the surplus protein and calories!
I think you're confusing the word 'smoothie' with 'protein shake' to be honest :o I don't think you can really call something a smoothie if it has no real fruit or veg in it (I'm ignoring the raisins). And I'm not sure I like the sound of peanut butter and cinnamon, yuck!

Home made mac and cheese.
That looks like absolute win. Good effort. Although what's with the rosé?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think you're confusing the word 'smoothie' with 'protein shake' to be honest :o I don't think you can really call something a smoothie if it has no real fruit or veg in it (I'm ignoring the raisins). And I'm not sure I like the sound of peanut butter and cinnamon, yuck!

If you've never tried this combination of ingredients, then there's no place to pass judgement :p

It is sweet in flavour but with the benefits of the extra carbs and protein (among the other important nutriants!). By definition it is certainly a smoothie! If it were just a protein shake it would contain just hemp/pea/spurilina and nothing else :D

Soldato
They look pretty good to me. Love smashed avocado and poached eggs! :)

rUKmcN.jpg

Late breakfast at Scran again, for their latest weekend special. This one was spicy maple pulled pork with fried sweet potatoes, charred pineapple, slaw and fried eggs. Was absolutely stunning! :D

foNTxX.jpg

Had a free side dish to claim on my rewards app for GBK, so decided to go there for lunch. Had the classic GBK Cheese and Bacon with a side of blue cheese slaw. Spooned some of the slaw onto the burger. Was nice :D

Soldato
I really fancied trying some Tacos so bought one of those kits. They were pretty nice. I fried some mince which is the base of it. Then loaded the shells with lettuce, tomato, cheese and salsa sauce.

20190209-160917.jpg

20190209-171603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom