• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Permabanned
The Germans know what to buy :)

Meanwhile:

One of AMD's largest shareholders, Mubadala Investment, on Monday disclosed that it sold 34.9 million shares in AMD.

Mubadala, the investment arm of the Abu Dhabi government, plans to convert 75 million warrants into equity of AMD, providing $448.5 million to the chipmaker, Mubadala said Monday in an emailed statement seen by Bloomberg. After the transaction, Mubadala will have about a 6.9% stake in AMD, Bloomberg added.
https://markets.businessinsider.com...ce-mubadala-unloaded-shares-2019-2-1027925728

Caporegime
The funny thing is about how well AMD is doing now, with 14nm Zen vs Intel's 14nm which is a significantly denser/superior node, with a huge clock speed advantage and a power efficiency advantage yet AMD is close on ipc, power efficiency, it's mostly just lacking in density which hits them in the margins. Intel's 8 core + igpu is smaller than AMD's pure 8 core.

2019 is going to be EPYC for AMD in that they are going to for the first time ever have a huge node advantage. But even if Intel's 10nm is actually pretty good we're still looking at mobile chips late 2019, desktop might be more like Q2 2020 and server looks like it's going to be 2h 2020. Even then 10nm Intel has little to no advantage over 7nm TSMC, compared to today even when Intel gets to 10nm AMD will have a much stronger position because they'll be able to make far smaller chips in the same brackets vs Intel than they can today.

In other words 10nm isn't going to stop AMD gaining market share, it's just going to slow the massive increase in market share growth AMD will have with 7nm chips throughout 2019. Right now is the best point Intel will have for a good few years, till they get a new ground up architecture launched (with three 'Cove' cores all using Core architecture till at least late 2021-22) and get their nodes back on track but frankly there is no sign of that either. 7nm EUV from TSMC comes this year and from Samsung, 5nm EUV risk production starts this year and should be in production next year. Intel need to get to 7nm euv during 2020 just to keep pace with TSMC and there are no signs that is happening.

Associate
It's now common place to use liquid cooling solutions in large scale computing environments due to decreased power consumption. Plenty of good articles around worth reading if you are interested. Nothing to do with over clocking

Yup the water cooling is much more efficient and also prevents massive air conditioning units being required. The HLRS system is in pre-production currently with test silicon.

Permabanned
Investors should be tempted to take a look at this stock: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) https://www.finbulletin.com/2019/02...-this-stock-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-4/

"At the time of writing, this publicly-traded organization holds a total market value of 23.92B, with 10100 employees on its payroll.

Continuing forward, if we take into consideration what stock market experts are currently saying regarding Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.(NASDAQ:AMD), the mean rating for this stock is 2.39. How is that calculated? Well, 8 analysts have given this company a BUY rating, 6 are rated it as OUTPERFORM, 15 have recommended that investors HOLD, 1 are considering it an UNDERPERFORM and 1 has recommended that owners of these shares SELL.

A month ago, 7 analysts thought this stock was a BUY, 6 of them posted an OUTPERFORM rating, 16 analysts recommended to HOLD this stock, 2 of them provided an underperform rating and 1 rated it as a Sell."

Soldato
Investors should be tempted to take a look at this stock: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) https://www.finbulletin.com/2019/02...-this-stock-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-4/

"At the time of writing, this publicly-traded organization holds a total market value of 23.92B, with 10100 employees on its payroll.

Continuing forward, if we take into consideration what stock market experts are currently saying regarding Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.(NASDAQ:AMD), the mean rating for this stock is 2.39. How is that calculated? Well, 8 analysts have given this company a BUY rating, 6 are rated it as OUTPERFORM, 15 have recommended that investors HOLD, 1 are considering it an UNDERPERFORM and 1 has recommended that owners of these shares SELL.

A month ago, 7 analysts thought this stock was a BUY, 6 of them posted an OUTPERFORM rating, 16 analysts recommended to HOLD this stock, 2 of them provided an underperform rating and 1 rated it as a Sell."

You know those 'articles' aren't written by a human right?

Soldato
Wrong. Ann Smith is the publisher of the text. What's the problem?!

Don't be so naive. It's just a technical data reformatted to look like 'analysis'....loads of websites out there churning this stuff out, they're very good at gaming searches.

I sold my AMD last time it was around 24.5. Waiting for another buying opportunity, I'm sure Trump can manufacture some more bad news for the markets.

Permabanned
Don't be so naive. It's just a technical data reformatted to look like 'analysis'....loads of websites out there churning this stuff out, they're very good at gaming searches.

You mean loads of website use artificial intelligence to write for them articles?! Wow, I don't believe it because artificial intelligence deeply inside is too stupid to do anything.

Look, for example, at Windows 10. The latest OS but it is still too stupid and forces you to update your graphics driver to an older version, after you manually updated to the latest possible release.

Soldato
You mean loads of website use artificial intelligence to write for them articles?! Wow, I don't believe it because artificial intelligence deeply inside is too stupid to do anything.

Look, for example, at Windows 10. The latest OS but it is still too stupid and forces you to update your graphics driver to an older version, after you manually updated to the latest possible release.

It's not AI. It's just a simple scraper that reformats stock data into sentence format.

Associate
Mindfactory data for Febuary 2019
nz68Z7M.png
Nothing has changed much since last month except for a drop in CPUs sold, but that still means AMD is outselling Intel by a wide margin.

Permabanned
Mindfactory data for Febuary 2019
nz68Z7M.png
Nothing has changed much since last month except for a drop in CPUs sold, but that still means AMD is outselling Intel by a wide margin.

February 2019 was stronger in sales than February 2018.
Why do users prefer the more expensive Ryzen 7 2700X over the Ryzen 7 2700?! :confused:

Associate
Because some people have no interest in overclocking, so the higher factory clock speeds are guaranteed with the higher binning. Same as I know plenty of people who went for the 4790K purely for the 4GHz base, not for the overclocking.
That’s exactly why I went for the 4790k but I thought I may overclock it in the future but I never did as it was fast enough

I also want to maybe upgrade to Ryzen 2. But I will need a cpu ram and motherboard which is not going to be cheap

Back
Top Bottom