Going to see a 1yr old Volvo XC40 but 1st service done at 26,000

Associate
I can't see the point really when there must be more around that have been serviced at the correct intervals.

+1. Regardless of what the dealer puts in writing around warranty, it's still potentially going to be more hassle than one serviced correctly to schedule. Future warranty claims, resale etc. I'd look for another example.

Soldato
I haven't serviced my car in 50K miles. If I do 3 services now, will it bring it back in line and fix the engine?

More seriously I'm not sure what bringing it back in line means. Surely there is no point in doing two oil changes in quick succession.

Also I bet you can go 26K miles without a service in some of the condition based servicing schedules.

Soldato
OP
I haven't serviced my car in 50K miles. If I do 3 services now, will it bring it back in line and fix the engine?

More seriously I'm not sure what bringing it back in line means. Surely there is no point in doing two oil changes in quick succession.

Also I bet you can go 26K miles without a service in some of the condition based servicing schedules.

Nothing to do with fixing the engine at all, it's simply to allow volvo to uphold the warranty. Irrelevant now, we've decided to look at something else.

as many have said on here, the engine will probably be fine......it's more warranty and resale value.

Soldato
1yr or 18,000 miles whichever comes first

We don't do high miles, so I will bring the service schedules back in line by doing the 2nd service quite early. Think most oils these days are the stop/start variety and synthetic or part synthetic so the horror stories of old probably don't hold any weight these days.

Knowing me, I'll probably only keep the car for 1/2 years then get bored and look for a change. Just don't want the engine to have issues and Volvo say "hard luck, it's not covered"

How many miles do you actually do per year?

Soldato
OP
Good call. Looked at an XC40 myself recently, very nice car in the right spec, trouble was when I priced up all my options it was near £40k :eek:

Yeah, that's another problem with those. We looked at the Mazda and still a bit meh.

Now seen a 3008 in full GT spec which looks amazing.

Soldato
Suffice to say having done that high of mileage without oil change wont affect the car at all WITHIN ITS WARRANTY PERIOD.
But it may have taken its toll further down the line.
All depends on the engine itself. If its a sludger like the vw 1.8t then its doomed.

Back
Top Bottom