The Expanse

Soldato
Yeah, it is.

Either Tombstone doesn't watch the show enough to know what Dominique Tipper looks like, or a visit to Specsavers might be in order. :p

Soldato
Just watched the fifth episode of the third season (we are behind) and holy **** that was some of the most intense, edge of your seat TV I've watched in a long time. Screaming abuse at the bad guy I was that invested :p

Associate
all three season have been released in UHD, but as mention I just finish watching season 3 week ago so too soon to re-watch. I think I re-watch all three season few days before season 4 lands so that I can just roll from one season to another in one massive binge watching marathon in 4k.

Soldato
Season 3 pacing and structure really goes off after the end of the war. The X month later episodes are all over the shop with pacing and even the internal in episode timelines are crazy to whack.

Almost feels although they've been produced at separate times by different teams.

Soldato
Excellent video summarising why it got cancelled despite near 100% positive feedback and how it was saved.

A great comment in there that online streaming both killed and saved this show.

Soldato
Just started season 3 after watching the first 2 on Netflix. Unfortunately I'm a little rusty on what happened even after the recap. Am I right in thinking chrisjen was setup by that dude?

Soldato
One thing that I cannot get over and is really, really irritating me about season 3 (spoiler just in case)

They all go into the ring place. One of the big points made is that there is a speed limit and as such no one can catch the Roccinate when they all enter.... That is until a constant speed is an impediment to the story. All of a sudden you have dropships catching up to ships, people flying in between ships, people chasing ships down all whilst everyone is travelling at one speed and cannot go any faster.

Did anyone else notice this? I'm still loving the series but this point has really got under my skin and irritated me massively.

Associate
Just finished season 3, really very impressed overall, even if the 3rd series switched story half way through. Reminded me of the writers strike in 2008!

Back
Top Bottom