The Expanse

Soldato
Ah I didn't realise S3 was on Prime. I think I may just rewatch from the beginning & have an Expanse marathon :D
That's what I've done over the last week.
Great show.

One thing that I cannot get over and is really, really irritating me about season 3 (spoiler just in case)

They all go into the ring place. One of the big points made is that there is a speed limit and as such no one can catch the Roccinate when they all enter.... That is until a constant speed is an impediment to the story. All of a sudden you have dropships catching up to ships, people flying in between ships, people chasing ships down all whilst everyone is travelling at one speed and cannot go any faster.

Did anyone else notice this? I'm still loving the series but this point has really got under my skin and irritated me massively.

Yeah I noticed that too, felt a little weird.

Soldato
@No1newts in regards to the speed limit thing...

they can travel up to but not beyond the speed limits, the relative distances between the ships are all short enough that the limit doesn't affect short slow travel ship to ship. Also as the central sphere draws all the ships into an orbit around it, just before they get hit by the final speed limit, the Rocinante basically can't get any further away so that's how the main ships catch up.

Soldato
Yeah the creole becomes stronger when she's around mostly belters, glad someone else picked up on that, thought it was just me.
It did take me a bit to work it out, i guess its a bit like real life with someone living away for a time, losing their accent then going home and it returning. Very clever.

Man of Honour
It did take me a bit to work it out, i guess its a bit like real life with someone living away for a time, losing their accent then going home and it returning. Very clever.

My other half is exactly like that, her best friend is from the Manchester area and I can always tell when she has seen her on a day because when she returns home she is speaking with a Manc accent, even though she has never been to the area herself. She just picks it up off her friend and talks like it for a few hours until my presence reverts her to a nicer one :p

Associate
My other half is exactly like that, her best friend is from the Manchester area and I can always tell when she has seen her on a day because when she returns home she is speaking with a Manc accent, even though she has never been to the area herself. She just picks it up off her friend and talks like it for a few hours until my presence reverts her to a nicer one :p

I can be like that when I'm home in Sweden. Without thinking I can switch between dialects depending on who I talk with, even if they are sitting next to each other :D

Back
Top Bottom