The Expanse

Soldato
I'm hoping that Amos isn't explained/justified in some way, I really want him to be a bit of a whack job just because he is a bit of a whack job, not because event x or y happened in his past. Havent read the books so not sure if he ends up being justified by some past but I'm hoping it doesn't happen.

I've commented on this previously as i'm quite ahead on the books and can answer further in spoilers if you like without actually giving anything spoilery away.

Soldato
Watched another two episodes last night, The Belter captain with exception of the accent is ooft, the slingshotter really wasn't expecting that to happen to him but my god did it look good.

Man of Honour
I watching it for a 3rd time and it gets better every time, it’s one of the best sci-fi shows I have ever watched

Second half of season 3 dragged a bit but the first half I thought was excellent almost as gripping as the better bits of Battlestar Galactica.

Soldato
Finished S3 last night, enjoyed it but I couldn't help but feel that it was 2 seasons mashed into one, the first half suddenly came to an abrupt end then we're on with the ring after a short time skip and I don't think we ever got an update on Prax and his daughter i.e has she started changing now or not.

Looking forward to where it goes from here and I wonder if the Roci will keep all the 'crew' it showed at the end now or get rid of some of them, can't see them writing Elizabeth Mitchell off the show between seasons.

Soldato
Finished S3 last night, enjoyed it but I couldn't help but feel that it was 2 seasons mashed into one, the first half suddenly came to an abrupt end then we're on with the ring after a short time skip and I don't think we ever got an update on Prax and his daughter i.e has she started changing now or not.

Nail. Hit. Head.

Seasons 1 and 2 are book 1, season 3 is books 2 and 3. I guess as they knew it was likely to be cancelled, they crammed as much as they could in there.

Prax's daughter never got infused with the PM, all the kids were basically being prepped apart from Katoa.

Soldato
Nail. Hit. Head.

Seasons 1 and 2 are book 1, season 3 is books 2 and 3. I guess as they knew it was likely to be cancelled, they crammed as much as they could in there.

Prax's daughter never got infused with the PM, all the kids were basically being prepped apart from Katoa.

That makes sense then, I thought the injections they were getting were to start turning them but Katoa had the fastest reaction.

Hoping that with Amazon now in charge they don't have to slap two books into one season.

Soldato
@Glanza

Entirely based on a planet through one of the ring gates. Belters have settled, an earth corp has already "claimed" it and are coming to take it back...Holden sent to mediate. Starts obvious but then quickly pivots unexpectedly

Won't say anymore unless asked.

Soldato
@Glanza

Entirely based on a planet through one of the ring gates. Belters have settled, an earth corp has already "claimed" it and are coming to take it back...Holden sent to mediate. Starts obvious but then quickly pivots unexpectedly

Won't say anymore unless asked.

Hopefully they make it work well in s4, can see that getting bit boring if it's back to politics similar to Earth was in the first 2 seasons, would also mean more 'planet' sets than space and they haven't looked as good so far imo the odd time we've been on a planet. Elizabeth Mitchell being in the white Earth building with the protesters outside looked to be some of the poorest CGI they've done so far.

Only question I have is have Drummer and Ashford gone their separate ways as their constant back and forth started getting tedious

Soldato
The book for the most part avoids most of the politics as when you look at it, they're months away from the nearest ring gate on this planet, think more wild west and Holden is trying to play sheriff.

Drummer doesn't exist at this point in the books, she's basically playing the part of another character that didn't survive book 3 so not sure where they're going to fit her in. However to confuse the issue, she is introduced in the books later on but obviously not as the drummer we know.

Soldato
Westworld meets the Expanse, should be good :)

Shame about Drummer but other shows have taken none book characters and changed the roles round to make it work i.e Carol from TWD.

Thanks for info, hopefully don't have to wait too long for S4 to release.

Soldato
Whoop...so Drummer is still in it, she's grown on me slowly, found her annoying at first.

Wasn't sure if she was gonna be in this season considering she's a show-only/non-book character at this point.

Back
Top Bottom