• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Caporegime
Anyone else tried playing division 2 with overclock? My game crashed other day which seemed strange since I can play bf5 for hours on same setting.

Yup, Division games are very harsh on an overclock. I had to run 1150mv on P7 but once I did I found I could run about 1660Mhz on the core np (only had a 30min test for that one though).

Soldato
*Daft question alert*

Sorry, I've been out of the game for a few years... Just ordered a Sapphire Vega 56 to replace my tea soaked GTX 970 in the rig en sig.

Bar the usual driver baloney of old, will I have any issues swapping over?

Running dual monitor setup (1 x 1080 and 1 x 1440)

Soldato
*Daft question alert*

Sorry, I've been out of the game for a few years... Just ordered a Sapphire Vega 56 to replace my tea soaked GTX 970 in the rig en sig.

Changeover should be a straightforward, uninstall old NVidia drivers, remove 970, install Vega 56, install AMD drivers, and away you go.

Windows can of course throw up some bugs, but so long as you have a relatively recent install you should be fine. Worst case will be a clean install, but it should not be necessary.

Associate
Changeover should be a straightforward, uninstall old NVidia drivers, remove 970, install Vega 56, install AMD drivers, and away you go.

Windows can of course throw up some bugs, but so long as you have a relatively recent install you should be fine. Worst case will be a clean install, but it should not be necessary.

This was all so had to do when swapping out an Nvidia card. Some people insist on driver cleaners etc, but I've never had an issue with a straight uninstall and reinstall. Generally speaking installers are better at removing leftovers than they were years ago.

Soldato
*Daft question alert*

I would download, BUT NOT INSTALL, the AMD drivers before hand. Easier to then just install without faffing about in VGA mode to find drivers

Soldato

Yeah sounds good.
Thanks Subbytna, sound advice :)

Associate
Has anyone who purchased recently (end of Feb) received their games yet? I have submitted my code etc, but the game codes are unavailable.

I also have my card running around 1550MHz on 1050mV which seems to keep it in the 50's during gaming. Is that close to stock speeds?

Associate
Has anyone who purchased recently (end of Feb) received their games yet? I have submitted my code etc, but the game codes are unavailable.

I also have my card running around 1550MHz on 1050mV which seems to keep it in the 50's during gaming. Is that close to stock speeds?

The RE2 Code is available for me since yesterday. I´ve purchased the Card on 21 Feb.

Soldato
Fitted the new Vega 56

Ok so the 1080 monitor is working fine, DVI-HDMI or if I use the DVI - Displayport but thats the side monitor.
The main one, 1440, isn't detected. New DVI to display port cable, also tried the DVI to HDMI with it...

Been through the settings. Both in the AMD control panel and the Windows settings. Only the 1080 is detected... Any ideas?

Seems I can get the card to see it, but when it does see it is't as a primary screen but with no display. So when I open up settings etc the screen opens up on the wrong screen.

Last edited:
Associate
Is this a good undervolt overclock? I believe its stable, Mem running @960Mhz(1000Mv) and P6@1667Mhz(1050Mv) P7@1702Mhz(1100Mhz). Memory wont go higher than 960 without getting artefacts and havent finished messing with the p6 and p7's will probably undervolt more just wondered if this is a good clock? Gpu-z says gpu only power draw is in the 190's watt wise max. Any pointers would be welcome,only got it yesterday and have just been playing with it today, great card.
Qz4oqhR.png
Ps tried imbedding screenshot but not working?! Edit got it

Ps also temps in 60's max,I have a pretty aggressive fan curve but noise is fine. My graphics score of 25,314 seems good I think.
a>

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems really good

I think my PSU isn’t up to the job - I get cool whine and stuttering in games.

Could the above symptoms be attributable to a dodgy psu?

Soldato
@Trillion2k - that is rather impressive! seems I can still go further f I wanted looking at those results :D :D

Had my first play with the undervolt settings on my Powercolor reference card,

Have Wattman's Turbo preset but then with the voltage at P7 set to cap at 1100 with P5 and 6 being 1070 / 1090. Power limit is at +50 and memory set to 900MHz

The difference is crazy, the card is now drawing a maximum of 230w on Firestrike and with and altered fan profile so it ramps to 38% (2080rpm) above 55 degrees and then will boost to 50% (2400~) if required 70 degrees. - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18651638

Have managed to break the 18k barrier now with a bit of an increase to the CPU / GPU core (+2.5% I think it was) and putting the memory at 950MHz :) - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18643224

Games wise, Forza Horizon sits on 60fps vsync on extreme settings around the 55-60 degree mark and is pulling like 120-140w!!!! just awesome

The difference between this card once set up correctly and my old GTX980ti is really rather impressive :)

I was sceptical about getting a reference blower due to the stories of the massive noise....it is really not that bad at all. Granted full clout is pretty loud lol, but being so I am only ever in the worst case getting to 2400 out of a possible 4200 odd RPM, there are no issues.

Ben

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all, I am after a bit of info, I have owned a sapphire pulse 56 for about 2 months and generally I am very happy with it however I have an annoying issue where after a while gaming and I tab out and back in the GPU stops being utilised correctly and framerate drops and stutters and the only way of remedying the issue is to reboot. When it happens the temps drop from around 68 to about 50. I am using wattman to undervolt but it makes no issue if I leave wattman on standard. I have also tried overdriveNTool but it still occurs. I have also noticed that I can adjust any other pstate fro the memory other than P3 (is this normal)?

Any info would be really useful as I am really loving getting back into PC gaming but things like this remind me why I had switch exclusively to Console.

Cheers Sam

Back
Top Bottom