• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Hi all, I am after a bit of info, I have owned a sapphire pulse 56 for about 2 months and generally I am very happy with it however I have an annoying issue where after a while gaming and I tab out and back in the GPU stops being utilised correctly and framerate drops and stutters and the only way of remedying the issue is to reboot. When it happens the temps drop from around 68 to about 50. I am using wattman to undervolt but it makes no issue if I leave wattman on standard. I have also tried overdriveNTool but it still occurs. I have also noticed that I can adjust any other pstate fro the memory other than P3 (is this normal)?

Any info would be really useful as I am really loving getting back into PC gaming but things like this remind me why I had switch exclusively to Console.

Cheers Sam

It could be one or two things-
1.What GPU did you have before the pulse did you install it in the correct way?
2.Is your CPU overclocked try running it at stock along with your GPU?
3.Drivers try using a earlier version than what you used when you first installed the GPU.

I have a powercolor dragon and can only adjust state 3 only on memory.

A console is plug and play where as a pc is a bit more involved to run and maintain, its a learning curve it never stops.

Let us know how you get on.

Soldato
Hi all, I am after a bit of info, I have owned a sapphire pulse 56 for about 2 months and generally I am very happy with it however I have an annoying issue where after a while gaming and I tab out and back in the GPU stops being utilised correctly and framerate drops and stutters and the only way of remedying the issue is to reboot. When it happens the temps drop from around 68 to about 50. I am using wattman to undervolt but it makes no issue if I leave wattman on standard. I have also tried overdriveNTool but it still occurs. I have also noticed that I can adjust any other pstate fro the memory other than P3 (is this normal)?

Any info would be really useful as I am really loving getting back into PC gaming but things like this remind me why I had switch exclusively to Console.

Cheers Sam

Funny you should mention this - my vega 56 in BF1 will stutter and I’ll get major frame drops after about 15 mins of game play - between the drops I’m getting 80-90 FPS for goodness sake.

It’s like the hard drive or ‘something’ suddenly goes into a frenzy of action and causes major FPS drops for 5 seconds, then sorts itself out and then does it again and so the cycle continues.

I’m actually getting a new psu tomorrow and will be completely rebuilding my machine - will report back.

It’s very odd.

I7 2700k clocked to 4.7ghz, 16mb ram and vega 56 on Windows 10.

Soldato
Will the Sapphire pulse work with a 27" 1440/60Hz monitor with only a DVI interface?

The card has 3 display ports and a HDMI. Tried both the DVI-HDMI and DVI-DP but it's not having it, someone very helpfully pointed out in my plea for help thread saying I need a Dual Link cable not single link...

Just checking you guys agree this is the likely cause?

Soldato
You'd definitely need dual link for anything over 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz. Also make sure the adapter is the right way around, e.g. an HDMI-to-DP adapter might not work for DP-to-HDMI.

Soldato
Seem to be some dual link to hdmi cables on the rainforest for 6-7 quid if that helps:)

Edit - if the image is correct this looks like DVI-D dual link too from OCuk too - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-value-3m-dvi-to-hdmi-gold-plated-cable-cdldv-303-cb-018-ok.html

Might be worth double checking with them as it's not mentioned in description

The Amazon basics cable is listed as single link (I didn't know the difference at the time) although it physically has a dual link plug with all of the pins just like the OCUK one... I'll give them a ring in the morning.

Associate
Anyone here received their code yet from amd for division 2? Mines just sat there saying code will be available soon. Was hoping to preload the game since day 1 patch is 90gb.

Soldato
I find it strange that on most review websites, the GTX 1660 Ti is being recommended in the mid-range segment because it stomps the RX 590 and the Vega 56 is ~$100 more in the US. Yet in the UK the Vega 56 seems to be around the same price as the GTX 1660 Ti, making it a better choice (since it's ~8% faster on average). Why is that?

Associate
I find it strange that on most review websites, the GTX 1660 Ti is being recommended in the mid-range segment because it stomps the RX 590 and the Vega 56 is ~$100 more in the US. Yet in the UK the Vega 56 seems to be around the same price as the GTX 1660 Ti, making it a better choice (since it's ~8% faster on average). Why is that?

Regional pricing and availability.

Associate
I would never buy a 1660 .. too expensive .. waste of money in my opinion

Associate
Will there be any need to update the drivers on my newly built (and first ever) gaming PC which Im getting later this week?

It comes with..
MSI RX Vega 56 Air Boost graphic card
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU

I notice on the AMD site that the latest drivers can be downloaded..

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Always run display driver uninstaller with any graphics card then install latest stable AMD drivers (not the beta one). Good luck with your new pc!

Back
Top Bottom