• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Thanks. Just ran a couple benchmarks. Monitor at 60hz it applies the undervolts correctly and usually sits at 1v in games and 900mv idle.. changing to 144hz the card is stuck at 1.1v so ignoring the undervolt settings and drawing the same amount of frames.
Tried a fresh install of drivers no luck... will play around with a couple more things I guess I liked the card at 1v and 1600~ mhz. I dont really want to run it at 1.1v but if I have to i will just put the core clocks up to 1700+ for now

Im just confused why it does this

Associate
First of all, even an RX 480 will trump anything a PS4 Pro can do (let alone the base version)...

This is 100% true, I tried playing FFXV over steam link on a 2500k and an rx480 (4gb) and it loaded faster, played smoother and just looked better than the PS4, and that was going over a powerline ethernet from the PC and wireless to the steam link! Going to have to re-purpose to a living room game box when my 56 gets here for the main pc hopefully today, then I have to start looking at all this undervolting nonsense.... ;)

Soldato
This is 100% true, I tried playing FFXV over steam link on a 2500k and an rx480 (4gb) and it loaded faster, played smoother and just looked better than the PS4, and that was going over a powerline ethernet from the PC and wireless to the steam link! Going to have to re-purpose to a living room game box when my 56 gets here for the main pc hopefully today, then I have to start looking at all this undervolting nonsense.... ;)

Yup, I was speaking from experience as I had an RX 480 8gb before, which was meant to be for parity with the X1X. I have a PS4 Pro, besides the PC, so I knew what it could and couldn't do, but frankly I found the whole console experience to be sub-par, and kept it now just for exclusives (which I didn't enjoy too much either)/ as a blu-ray player mostly. Should have just sold it but meh, can't be bothered. I was just shocked when in my first month of PS+ I got the TellTale Batman game and gave it a try just for the lulz but the damn thing was unplayable, it was so stuttery! Thought, okay, maybe it's just a poor game, but plenty of other games had the same issues. And this was on the pro! Clearly, it couldn't be my main gaming machine.

And the loading times, oh god, the loading horror... Persona 5 suckered me in, good on them for that, but they're not gonna get me again. Double the idiot I am, because I also had a PS3 and could've just played it on that, but couldn't get the order through on their store; should've just waited on a physical disk delivery.

Associate
I can deal with it being lower quality visually, but frame rates and particularly load times are super important to me these days - I've only got so much time!

On the thread topic, my 56 arrived! Seeing more of an improvement than I thought, with CPU usage up as well. Got a few more games to try tonight, then traveling for a couple of weeks, but will get the cooler re-seated and undervolted/OV once it's had some bedding in time to make sure it's stable from the factory :)

Soldato
Somone played Assassins Creed Odyssey on 1440p ? (2560x1440)
Would be interested how many FPS you can get with Vega56 :)

Paired mine with a 3570k now clocked at 4.4Ghz. Vega56 is stable at 900 on the memory. State 6 at 1602MHz 1025 mV and Stage 7 1612Mhz 1025 mV. Minimum frames I am seeing is around 48fps averaging high 50s.

Depends very much on your CPU as much as GPU as I am getting 100% utilisation across my cores apparently.

Associate
@Zernath
I´m interested.. sure :)

@dante6491
I have an i5 4670k@4,2Ghz.
I know.. AC needs much CPU Power.
Did you play on High or mixed settings ?

My Sapphire Pulse is running @950 Memory 910mV / P6 1547 920mV / P7 1622 940mV

Okay, so at 1440p with the Very High preset, I was seeing between 50-60 frames per second, as I suspected would be the case. It rarely dipped below 50, and the overall experience was very smooth. Very High is the second highest preset option, so that's rather impressive results in my opinion, especially for such a demanding game.

I'm running the MSI Vega 56 Air Boost OC, and haven't changed the stock values yet (although I do plan to in the near future), so with your overclock I would expect even better results. :)

Edit: Native 4K at 40 frames per second is possible with some tweaks to graphical options, particularly AA to low, shadows to high, and clutter to high. So the Vega 56 seems very capable, considering it isn't really a card aimed at 4K gaming, and I'm sure I could squeeze a little bit more out of it if I tweaked further.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else tried playing division 2 with overclock? My game crashed other day which seemed strange since I can play bf5 for hours on same setting.

Associate
Okay, so at 1440p with the Very High preset, I was seeing between 50-60 frames per second, as I suspected would be the case. It rarely dipped below 50, and the overall experience was very smooth. Very High is the second highest preset option, so that's rather impressive results in my opinion, especially for such a demanding game.

I'm running the MSI Vega 56 Air Boost OC, and haven't changed the stock values yet (although I do plan to in the near future), so with your overclock I would expect even better results. :)

Edit: Native 4K at 40 frames per second is possible with some tweaks to graphical options, particularly AA to low, shadows to high, and clutter to high. So the Vega 56 seems very capable, considering it isn't really a card aimed at 4K gaming, and I'm sure I could squeeze a little bit more out of it if I tweaked further.

Thank you :) Sounds good .. with some OC/UV there is a good chance to get the 60FPS permanent

Associate
Thank you :) Sounds good .. with some OC/UV there is a good chance to get the 60FPS permanent

No problem, it's a fun game, so testing this wasn't a chore. You'll definitely be able to get 60 with some OC/UV, I wasn't too far off it being a stable 60, and that's without touching MSI's stock settings.

I'm really happy with this card, the fact that I can get decent 4K performance out of it really made the asking price an even better deal!

Associate
Wattman is allowing me to modify states 3, 4, 5 etc however 6 and 7 would be lower than 5. Would this be an issue or would i also need to lower the previous states?

Associate
12.jpg
No problem, it's a fun game, so testing this wasn't a chore. You'll definitely be able to get 60 with some OC/UV, I wasn't too far off it being a stable 60, and that's without touching MSI's stock settings.

I'm really happy with this card, the fact that I can get decent 4K performance out of it really made the asking price an even better deal!

Yes i love this card too. Hard times for Ngreedia atm.
My stable Settings above. Memory @950Mhz with 910mV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom