**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Thanks. I'm using SABS. It was shut down by Samsung a while back, but you can still get it.

How are you getting on with this?

I use Blokada, and although it works fine there are 1 or 2 apps that dont seem to work well. Im thinking of replacing it but not sure what, and that SABS looks good.

And it looks complicated to set up :)

Associate
Not everyone wants them so Samsung will save cash on that front.

Yer, true enough, though imagine they'd not take a lot of selling on. Looking for some new Earbuds but not sure as to go samsung or another brand. Guess it will be a while before stock becomes available now.

Soldato
How's everyone finding battery on regular size S10?

Used 64% in 11h..mainly on 4G and just 2 hours of screen time. Seems a lot.

Average of 5.7% drain per hour! Hmm

Hardly installed any apps either so shouldn't really be anything doing much in the background.

Soldato
How's everyone finding battery on regular size S10?

Used 64% in 11h..mainly on 4G and just 2 hours of screen time. Seems a lot.

Average of 5.7% drain per hour! Hmm

Hardly installed any apps either so shouldn't really be anything doing much in the background.

Android phones always settle down, day 2 or 3 is not the time to draw conclusions.

Soldato
Bought a tech21 evo check today.

Had the spigen neo hybrid for 1 day and its too slippery

EVO check is a very nice case, grip is outstanding and rated up to 12ft

Got it from O2 shop and what was interesting is the worker there had one on his iPhone which he threw across the shop to demonstrate how good the drop protection was lol

Caporegime
How are you getting on with this?

I use Blokada, and although it works fine there are 1 or 2 apps that dont seem to work well. Im thinking of replacing it but not sure what, and that SABS looks good.

And it looks complicated to set up :)

Yeah it's great. Been using it on multiple phones for the past year now. The only thing it stops from working is the Gumtree website for some strange reason, but apart from that it's spot on.

Caporegime
Has anyone found the screen seems a little washed out. Compared to my s8 the screen doesn't look as nice.

I feel exactly the same way. The white balance is too warm on the S10, whereas it is bright white on the S8. Changing the warm/cool slider doesn't seem to do much to fix it.

Soldato
So I got my s10 plus ceramic white today. Stunning looking phone. One thing I have noticed though when comparing it to my note 9 is that its very hot in the hand. The note 9 feels cool no matter what but the s10+ feels very warm in my hand in comparison.

Associate
I used the smart switch app yesterday to move from note 9 to the S10+ and was blown away. Never used it before. It brought over all settings like edge lighting colours and smart stay features etc. Never realised how in-depth it went

By the buds claim worked Around 12.30am, the postcode feature started to work.

Does the Smart Switch app move WhatsApp data across correctly, e.g including conversation history - or do you still need to do the manual backup of the db crypt files?

Associate
Is it true the S10 has no led light for notifications? I will very much miss that if so coming from the S7 Edge... I have custom colours for all sorts of apps etc. Use it a lot.

yes, it's gone, unfortunately. got to either use the always on-screen display or the edge lighting.

A few people on Reddit said that they have been told by Samsung support that there will be an upcoming software update that will introduce some alternative notification alerting, some say around the camera cut-outs (e.g a coloured outline or flashing). No idea on timeframes or even if the info is correct.

Back
Top Bottom