**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Is it true the S10 has no led light for notifications? I will very much miss that if so coming from the S7 Edge... I have custom colours for all sorts of apps etc. Use it a lot.

Associate
Got an email and text confirming buds within a couple of hours after several attempts of the screen timing out.

I placed my order on 25 Feb with trade in through Sky. I received the materials to send the phone in a few days later. They've been asking me by text where it is but my old number won't transfer to Monday so I may be able to get it to them within the 14 days period that the quote lasts.

I also got a little data bonus from Sky and I will receive a 10Gb data bonus within 30 days.

My fp scanner is a bit frustrating and not as responsive as I had expected even with the tips suggested here. I might delete the fingerprints and do them again.

Phone feels v fast and a pleasure to use. Coming from an S7 there is a bewildering amount of options but I'm slowing getting it set up to my liking.

Soldato
Is it true the S10 has no led light for notifications? I will very much miss that if so coming from the S7 Edge... I have custom colours for all sorts of apps etc. Use it a lot.
yes, it's gone, unfortunately. got to either use the always on-screen display or the edge lighting.

Associate
yes, it's gone, unfortunately. got to either use the always on-screen display or the edge lighting.
That sucks! Do you know if the S9 had it or did they remove it previously for that too?

I am tempted to just stick to the S7. It still feels perfect for me. Only thing I'd like is slightly better battery life.

Soldato
That sucks! Do you know if the S9 had it or did they remove it previously for that too?

I am tempted to just stick to the S7. It still feels perfect for me. Only thing I'd like is slightly better battery life.

Yes looks like it's on the S9.

Don't really mind it missing as I've got an android watch to notify me.

Soldato
Thanks mate. For some reason I thought you had to do it in Bixby settings.

Is it just me or have they got these the wrong way around?

https://imgur.com/a/wsKEZnR

Single press to open Bixby and double press app/command

Double press to open Bixby and single press app/command

If both scenarios were single single or double double press it would cancel out.

Looks fine to me.

oPGQ62I.jpg

To anyone who claimed the free galaxy ear buds, did you recieve a confirmation email ?

I submitted forgot to screenshot the claim reference and didnt recieve a confirmation email eyet...

Received the confirmation email/SMS around 12 hours later... Still no validation email yet though.

Associate
Was looking at Samsungs upgrade program prices out of curiosity.
Damn Apple get your **** together.

I could get a 128GB S10e for £25p/m on 0%.

Don't think I'll return to Android anytime soon, but price wise the grass is definitely greener over here. Refuse to pay £1000 for a phone that's only offering a measly 64GB as base and doesn't include a fast charger.

S10e has grown me on me a lot. Personally I don't care for the in display fingerprint, a side mounted one is more than efficient.

However I don't like Samsungs cameras, the processing of photos is meh for me, they look off.

Last edited:
Soldato
My ceramic white s10+ has arrived. Thought I was going to have buyers remorse for not getting ceramic black as this my first ever white phone but I love it. It actually looks really nice out of the light almost like an ivory sheen but under light it looks white. I've tried to capture it in photos and video but doesn't come out at all.

Also the rose accent to the metal band is barely noticeable nothing like Apple it looks silver in most scenarios.

Associate
Anyone bought an S10 (or +) from Samsung who is using a Vodafone sim? Does VoLTE work out the box? Dual sim S10's supposed to come set up to use VoLTE and have read elsewhere that someone had it working on EE and O2 fine but no mention of Vodafone yet.

I've not bought an S10 but getting the free earbud seems a faff. They know who they have shipped qualifying S10's out too after all?

Associate
Had to call EE for them to send me my proof of purchase but after that sailed through the buds claim form first try this afternoon.

I noticed that there was no option to select the colour of the buds unless I missed it! I guess it's white only unless you pay for them?

Soldato
Had to call EE for them to send me my proof of purchase but after that sailed through the buds claim form first try this afternoon.

I noticed that there was no option to select the colour of the buds unless I missed it! I guess it's white only unless you pay for them?

Plus not everyone buys from samsung.. this process (when it's not falling apart due to the level of demand) means they can centralise a bunch of stock for everyone.

You buy from samsung, cpw, o2, argos, sdg etc all comes from the same place.

Plus if you shipped them with the phone you'd create all sorts of issues with returns, this way nothing is shipped until after the cooling off period so no fraud risk.

Associate
Hmm anyone else having issues with Google Photos?

It's not hard crashing but pictures turn into pure black rectangles and I'm unable to scroll through. Also parts of the UI inside the app disappear and the ones that remain do not work.

Once I force close the app the pictures reappear and the UI is usable for a short time until it does it again.

I've tried saving photos into internal memory with no joy. Have also tried clearing cache and storage and reinstalling.

Most annoying.

Soldato
Hadn't realised there was a software update already. Installed and one of the fixes was listed as better fingerprint recognition. Massively improved now (Also re-did my fingerprint as didn't follow the instructions properly first time round).

Back
Top Bottom