Metro: Exodus [E3 2017]

Soldato
Are the codes from the rtx cards redeemable in the epic store only?

Anthem requires Origin
BFV requires Origin
Metro requires Epic store

In order to redeem the Anthem/BFV codes you need to redeem them via Geforce Experience, and the machine you are redeeming them on requires that the RTX cards are installed.

From what I can tell Metro just gives you a code for Epic though, unlike the other two which require pass through into Origin on the same PC.

Caporegime
Just started this, aint got a clue what im doing, managed to save Yermak, and get out on the train, then i had to jump across to theirs, and blow it up, now im fiddling with the radio :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Bad ending?

There's more than one?

Yes there is a good and bad ending. So it depends on your playstyle. If you play as a pacifist (Try to be stealthy, and don't kill innocents or enemies that are surrendering) and also help people out etc then you are more likely to get the good ending. Of course there are situations where bloodshed is unavoidable.

If you go around just killing everyone and not helping people etc then you are more likely to get the bad ending.

Caporegime
Im using a 70 FOV now for 3440x1440 (was previously using a 65), looks much better.

Anyone find you havn't got a clue what some are saying ?, as theres loads seem to all talk at once, so when you're reading the subtitles, for what someone is saying, they could suddenly change, to what someone else is saying, so you can't keep track :p

Soldato
Im using a 70 FOV now for 3440x1440 (was previously using a 65), looks much better.

Anyone find you havn't got a clue what some are saying ?, as theres loads seem to all talk at once, so when you're reading the subtitles, for what someone is saying, they could suddenly change, to what someone else is saying, so you can't keep track :p

There's a few posts on reddit re fov. I left mine as didn't realise it's the vertical so default is actually around 90.

Caporegime
Changed back to a 65 fov now, prefer it to 70, i just can't get into it though for some reason, im now on the first stop off the train, where you have to get to the church, where the bells ringing, and the old bats waving :D

I just seem to be wandering about, searching through all the derelict buildings, and just getting all the stuff for the crafting (which i havn't got to grips with yet), found no notes, nothing so far, just got in a boat :p

maj

maj

Soldato
Know what I hate the most about the Metro series? The Spiders. They're technically not even classed as a mutant. I forget to clear the cobwebs and see the spiders crawling on my face and shoot my gun in a panic. I hate spiders.

Enjoying the game though. Just unlocked the Shambler which is just as fun to use as in the previous games .

Caporegime
It also wont first boot for me, everytime i first boot it up, it always hangs, on that screen (which is very faded) with all the logos on, so i have to Task Manager kill it (says 4A games Not Responding), then boot again, which then gives me the Do You Want To Boot In Safe Mode option (as it crashed), which i just say No to, and it boots fine, and it never hangs, crashes, nothing, i can play it for hrs, its weird :p

Soldato
I've enabled advanced phsyx and the game is now a stuttering crash-fest. I can't even get into the menu to switch it off, and that's assuming it's that setting that's causing the issues. :mad:

Edit: I've deleted the config file and started over but it just keeps crashing. I'll need to wait for a patch.

Last edited:
Associate
Was really looking forward to the game but dissapointed in the forced animations like opening doors, squeezing between tight spots etc

And it’s not at all even semi open world is it! Yeah nice skyboxes beyond the couple of routing options doesn’t really cut it.

I’m am however quite proud getting the unofficial SLI hack working. 4k at a solid 60FPS with dual Titan Xp’s.

Associate
Was really looking forward to the game but dissapointed in the forced animations like opening doors, squeezing between tight spots etc

And it’s not at all even semi open world is it! Yeah nice skyboxes beyond the couple of routing options doesn’t really cut it.

Must say I'm the same not sure about all the hype. I enjoyed it enough to finish it but won't be having a second playthrough to get the alternative ending.

Soldato
I got it as a freebie with my 2080ti. Got several crashes or some stupid “game paused” which is impossible to get rid of so forced to quit in task manager. Switched to DX11 and seems to have sorted it out. Why do certain games still struggle with DX12? It’s been out for ages now.

As for the game, it’s a bit too scripted for me and the voice overs are annoying to say the least. I’ll stick with it for a bit longer though.

Back
Top Bottom