Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
It's definitely pretty tough, in DS you had to be defensive, in BB you had to be aggressive whereas Sekiro you have to do both. It seems to punish mistakes even more than the usual souls games and the reliance on the parry mechanic means it almost plays like a rhythm game at times.

I'm really enjoying it, taking my time to explore and doing some grinding to build up some of the more useful skills.

Small tip, ringing the demon bell makes the game harder (you can undo this at any point) but means enemies drop crafting materials much more often so it's handy for farming easier areas.

Soldato
It's definitely pretty tough, in DS you had to be defensive, in BB you had to be aggressive whereas Sekiro you have to do both. It seems to punish mistakes even more than the usual souls games and the reliance on the parry mechanic means it almost plays like a rhythm game at times.

I'm really enjoying it, taking my time to explore and doing some grinding to build up some of the more useful skills.

Small tip, ringing the demon bell makes the game harder (you can undo this at any point) but means enemies drop crafting materials much more often so it's handy for farming easier areas.

How do you undo it?

I'm thinking of giving up to be honest. I love the game, the artstyle, the mechanics, even the story has me invested - but it's just too damn hard. Beating LB was satisfying but this spear guy is just giving me such a hard time, I'm not sure it's worth it. I played for an hour last night and felt like I didn't progress at all (although I did, as I've brought his health down farther than before).

Reading things like future bosses giving people even more jip has me worried! :)

Never played DS but completed BB and even some of the optional bosses if memory serves.

Soldato
After you ring the bell you get a demon bell in your inventory that you can use.

Guessing you have the makiri counter but if not then that really helps with spear enemies.

It is very hard and unforgiving that's for sure but it's darn satisfying when you get past a roadblock (even if you run into another pretty soon).

Soldato
Seven Spears is a mini boss, you don't have to do him but if you're like me it feels like unfinished business.

You could cheese him, drop down to the side of the temple and lob oil at him then repeatedly grapple up and use the flame and return to the drop.

Not sure about your progress but I suspect there's a **** tonne of other areas you could explore and level up, get other prosthetics

And yeah, the bosses get a lot harder

Soldato
After you ring the bell you get a demon bell in your inventory that you can use.

Guessing you have the makiri counter but if not then that really helps with spear enemies.

It is very hard and unforgiving that's for sure but it's darn satisfying when you get past a roadblock (even if you run into another pretty soon).

Thanks!

Yeah, I do have the makiri counter, but I struggle to know when/how to use it. I'll read up on it tonight and try to get some practice in.

Soldato
Seven Spears is a mini boss, you don't have to do him but if you're like me it feels like unfinished business.

You could cheese him, drop down to the side of the temple and lob oil at him then repeatedly grapple up and use the flame and return to the drop.

Not sure about your progress but I suspect there's a **** tonne of other areas you could explore and level up, get other prosthetics

And yeah, the bosses get a lot harder

Ha, great... :eek:

I sneak up on him and get the first health bar down in one go. It doesn't help that he's not right next to a checkpoint either, having to sneak across every time is a touch laborious.

I'll do my best to beat him honestly, but if I get close to defeating him and I'm stuck for health, I might cheap out on him :)

Soldato
Mind you I'm feeling the same today, can get to Genichro's final form but can't beat the sod. My other options are fighting tougher bosses ffs lol, CBA sums up my mood right now.

Finally, well and truly kicked his arse. Thought my ticker was gonna burst with all the adrenaline flowing lol.

Last edited:
Associate
Mind you I'm feeling the same today, can get to Genichro's final form but can't beat the sod. My other options are fighting tougher bosses ffs lol, CBA sums up my mood right now.

Finally, well and truly kicked his arse. Thought my ticker was gonna burst with all the adrenaline flowing lol.

Nice one m8 well done :)

I am stuck again.........

Associate
Well, beat the very last boss. What a game, I am putting this in my all time favs at number 4 with Witcher 1 to 3 being in the top 3 slots. Bloodborne 2nd playthrough then I think Sekiro again on NG+.

Associate
Good stuff mate. I've just arrived at the
Gorilla
after killing
Rin and the Corrupted Monk
. Still got a few optional bosses to do too.

Cracking game.

Rin was a pain, little tip though in case you want to use it. Make her follow you across the bridge and get beside the wall and you can circle around her and she hardly hits for some reason.

Soldato
TBH, I've already died to the first ogre 4 times I think, and that's sad considering I managed most bosses in BB within 1-5 tries (hi, Orphan):p

The game's great but I don't think I'll be able to finish it. I can avoid most of the ogre's attacks but sometimes weird stuff is happening and he homes in on me when I'm almost done with him. I stopped today when I fell of a cliff while jump-evading and got teleported right into his dropkick animation:p

Back
Top Bottom