Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Soldato
You can actually bypass the enemies before Seven Spears:

From the idol run straight, grapple up above the arch then jump right onto the wall then do a jump aiming to the right of the temple and you can grapple to a tree then you can grapple again to just behind him.

I decided to try again last night, did a couple of other mini-bosses without much fuss although the enemies in the gun fort are super annoying. Got Ashina to about 1/4 health in his second form but he really is one tough git.

Soldato
Sold on eBay yesterday. I had a lot of fun with the game at the start but towards the end I wasn't enjoying it at all.

Latest story boss I beat was the armoured guard. I felt like I got him more on luck than anything else.

Might pick it up again if it goes cheap, but at the moment, it's not worth the £50 (to me).

Soldato
You can actually bypass the enemies before Seven Spears:

From the idol run straight, grapple up above the arch then jump right onto the wall then do a jump aiming to the right of the temple and you can grapple to a tree then you can grapple again to just behind him.

I decided to try again last night, did a couple of other mini-bosses without much fuss although the enemies in the gun fort are super annoying. Got Ashina to about 1/4 health in his second form but he really is one tough git.

Upgrading the umbrella really helps for this section, shields you from the bullets.

Soldato
I am enjoying it but damn is it hard. I've done DS1/3 & BB but this is so different. It's not very smooth IMO, the difficulty spikes of MiniBoss/Boss are ridiculous. The regular enemies are a complete walkover and then BAM a miniboss which takes you 10 attempts to get past. I still haven't got deflection timing down, I'm wondering if the wavering framerate is making it much harder.

Associate
Funny old game this.....after struggling on Seven Spears and the 1 Armed Ninja.....I come back yesterday and do them both first time....you certainly need to be in the right frame of mind for this game.....if you're remotely tired or frustrated the game is 100 times harder...Dark Souls and BB on the other hand I could play and do well in any frame of mind.

Soldato
I am enjoying it but damn is it hard. I've done DS1/3 & BB but this is so different. It's not very smooth IMO, the difficulty spikes of MiniBoss/Boss are ridiculous. The regular enemies are a complete walkover and then BAM a miniboss which takes you 10 attempts to get past. I still haven't got deflection timing down, I'm wondering if the wavering framerate is making it much harder.
The framerate definitely won't help. The difference between parrying in souls between console and 60 FPS PC was night and day.

Soldato
I'm borderline at the moment, I choose the Shura ending and although I can do the first two stages of this current boss I just can't nip the third and I don't know if I can be arsed anymore as good as the game is.

Soldato
Started this weekend. Wow this is going to take some serious practice! I am up to Shinobi Hunter Enshin. I got him down to a quarter health a couple of times I just need to man up and try the Mikiri counter. Will have another go tonight.

The atmosphere is amazing. Love it.

Associate
Really enjoying this game, but I've hit a few walls.
I've progressed as far as I can, but need confetti for a few bosses, and i'm not having any luck farming it.

But I'm really stuck on Genchiro boss. Must have had 20-30 goes and no luck. I can usually get to the 3rd stage of the fight, but I lose it at that point. I'm open to any tips from anyone who has beat him??

Associate
Really enjoying this game, but I've hit a few walls.
I've progressed as far as I can, but need confetti for a few bosses, and i'm not having any luck farming it.

But I'm really stuck on Genchiro boss. Must have had 20-30 goes and no luck. I can usually get to the 3rd stage of the fight, but I lose it at that point. I'm open to any tips from anyone who has beat him??

Continue as you did in the first phase.....stay calm and try and block most of his attacks.....when he jumps in the air and lightning surrounds his sword, jump as late as possible and press R1 before hitting the ground.....basically stuns him for ages and does massive posture damage, while not required, makes the fight so much easier.

I think you can eat an Eel to lesser lightning damage in case you make a mistake.

Soldato
His third stage is pretty easy if you lightning counter, massive posture damage. Delay your jump to get hit by the lightning mid-air and R1 on your way down. Other than that just stay calm, pressure him and answer him with deflects, it's similar to phase 1-2. He practically always opens up his third phase with that big lunging thrust so you can Mikiri him.

This boss was super fun for me, I did him straight after the bull and general, took around 20 mins of learning and small mistakes but felt really satisfying to get him clean.

Went for Lone Swordsman and Seven Spears yesterday and got both second try:D Can't wait to dive back in later.

The game runs superbly on PC, I often get games like this for PS4 but this time I made an exception and 60fps makes a difference.

Associate
His third stage is pretty easy if you lightning counter, massive posture damage. Delay your jump to get hit by the lightning mid-air and R1 on your way down. Other than that just stay calm, pressure him and answer him with deflects, it's similar to phase 1-2. He practically always opens up his third phase with that big lunging thrust so you can Mikiri him.

This boss was super fun for me, I did him straight after the bull and general, took around 20 mins of learning and small mistakes but felt really satisfying to get him clean.

Went for Lone Swordsman and Seven Spears yesterday and got both second try:D Can't wait to dive back in later.

The game runs superbly on PC, I often get games like this for PS4 but this time I made an exception and 60fps makes a difference.

I'm the opposite...I have all the Darksouls on PC, but thought id try this one on PS4.....even with a PS4 pro I notice the lack of steady 60FPS....especially for the timed deflects.

Soldato
I'm the opposite...I have all the Darksouls on PC, but thought id try this one on PS4.....even with a PS4 pro I notice the lack of steady 60FPS....especially for the timed deflects.

Yeah, I went for PC when I heard PS4 didn't run at 60fps. I try to get one-and-done games on PS4 when I want to sell them later on but I got RE2, DMC5 and Sekiro on PC. They all run and look great. Quite a lot of replayability too, so I don't mind.

Associate
So, finally beat Genchiro last night! Got him on my 3rd attempt. Best peace of advice to follow would be to relax more. He's not that bad on the surface, just keep on him, don't back off.

Soldato
Got the platinum achievement, eventually. Cracking game, no real reply now so looking forward to the DLCs.

Have they said there will be DLC?

I have drifted away from it more and more bit think I reached the last boss last night. Will sort of be happy to have it done and dusted. It's been great but not grabbed me like their previous titles

Soldato
^Platinum nice one. I went on holiday and came back and decided to restart this (after 16 hours or so). I know I am going to hit a wall soon in terms of difficulty but I am still loving this game. Unfortunately I don't get to play for as long as I want but I'm in no rush. Incidentally what took me 16 hours the first time took me 5 hours to do it again. These games are very clever in how they help you get better - it's very subtle and even if you feel like you aren't getting anywhere you're actually getting better all the time.

Back
Top Bottom