Poll: Poll Borderlands 3 Epic Games Store or wait 6 months for Steam?

Will you be buying Borderlands 3 on release from Epic Games Store or waiting 6 months for release on

• I’ll be buying on release from Epic Games Store

Votes: 55 24.6%
  • I’ll be waiting 6 months and buying from Steam

Votes: 119 53.1%
  • I won’t be buying BL3 at all

Votes: 50 22.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I like achievements too...On an old game its cool to be reminded how to kill a certain way...and this can change your game play for any given session...:p

I also find Game platform release exclusivity repugnant..Its boring....I just want to launch steam pay with paypal and not have to faff setting up new accounts....

Platform exclusivity doesnt bother me. I already have Origin, Battlenet, Uplay and Steam, so another doesnt cause me any stress. Only takes a couple of moments to create an account so its not something which rates hugely on my faff scale.

Achievements dont interest me either really, unless they are an achievement that gives me some actual reward (like Uplay achievements that give me actual ingame items or uplay points which I can actually use to get discounts on future releases. Steam achievements I find vacuous and pointless in comparison)

Soldato
Platform exclusivity doesnt bother me. I already have Origin, Battlenet, Uplay and Steam, so another doesnt cause me any stress. Only takes a couple of moments to create an account so its not something which rates hugely on my faff scale.
I do not mind exclusives when the company makes a game and then puts it out on their store. Like I am not mad at Epic for making Fortnite exclusive to Epic launcher. But the policy of bribing other companies to restrict games only to the currently worst platform on the market grinds my gears.

And yeah it is not a huge bother to install Epic store...but you still get worse experience for same or more money. And if you were like me and used Steam's features like playtime tracking, family sharing, big picture, steam input..then that Epic policy grinds those gears even harder.

Soldato
I voted day one on assumption that would be possible for epic users to play with steam users if not ill go with what majority of ocuk players buy it on for the Co op aspect

Man of Honour
And yeah it is not a huge bother to install Epic store...but you still get worse experience for same or more money. And if you were like me and used Steam's features like playtime tracking, family sharing, big picture, steam input..then that Epic policy grinds those gears even harder.

Yeah, if a person uses those steam features then I can see how the Epic launcher (and indeed other less featured launchers) would be a downer. I dont use the steam features, other than its ability to start a game, so for me that aspect is a non-issue.

Man of Honour
I voted day one on assumption that would be possible for epic users to play with steam users if not ill go with what majority of ocuk players buy it on for the Co op aspect

This is a good point, not being able to play with non-epic users is the one and only thing which would stop me buying BL3 on day one. I'm guessing that everyone can play with everyone irrespective of launch platform though

Soldato
I don't understand the big issue with Epic Store. I am sure all of the big companies are involved in some shady businesses.

I am sure in the next 5 months Epic Store will be updated a fair bit too, if not I may change my mind depending on circumstance.

Man of Honour
Why does this matter?

It doesnt particularly, it would just be interesting down the road to see which people who said they will buy it on Epic, change their mind and wait for Steam and which people who said they would wait for Steam, change their mind and buy it on Epic. In terms of how much it matters, the answer is not a jot, think of it merely as something that sates my own personal curiosity rather than something which matters on a universal scale.

Caporegime
OP
It doesnt particularly, it would just be interesting down the road to see which people who said they will buy it on Epic, change their mind and wait for Steam and which people who said they would wait for Steam, change their mind and buy it on Epic. In terms of how much it matters, the answer is not a jot, think of it merely as something that sates my own personal curiosity rather than something which matters on a universal scale.

I won’t be changing my mind..glad to see people willing to wait...game exclusive is BS imo.

Back
Top Bottom