ANNO 1800

Associate
Really poor fps on a 1070ti hovering between 40- 60 on a empty map.

AA and other graphics settings dont really make much of a difference either.

Also feels like there`s Vaseline smothered over the screen slight blur to everthing.

Permabanned
When I heard this was being removed from Steam on release I immediately checked the Steam page to see if it had Steam Achievements & as it did I pre-ordered, Today I installed it only to realize that they've removed the Steam Achievements so I'm refunding it,
I'm very disappointed in Uplay & if this is the state of things to come I'll be keeping my money in future.

Man of Honour
When I heard this was being removed from Steam on release I immediately checked the Steam page to see if it had Steam Achievements & as it did I pre-ordered, Today I installed it only to realize that they've removed the Steam Achievements so I'm refunding it,
I'm very disappointed in Uplay & if this is the state of things to come I'll be keeping my money in future.

I wont, I've had over 100 hours of fun in Ghost Recon Wildlands, over 150 hours of fun in Assassins Creed Origins, over 110 hours, so far, of fun in Assassins Creed Odyssey (as well as those two games being amongst my games of the year for the last 2 years), almost 450 hours of fun in The Division 1 and over 100 hours so far of fun in The Division 2 and I look forward to knocking up several dozen hours of fun in Anno 1800 too. On top of that, with Far Cry 6 coming, the 3rd title in the Assassins Creed trilogy and the 3rd South Park game on their way, those combined with the several hundred hours of fun I've already had , pretty much ensures that I will buy from Uplay again. Everyones tastes are different though of course.

Permabanned
I wont, I've had over 100 hours of fun in Ghost Recon Wildlands, over 150 hours of fun in Assassins Creed Origins, over 110 hours, so far, of fun in Assassins Creed Odyssey (as well as those two games being amongst my games of the year for the last 2 years), almost 450 hours of fun in The Division 1 and over 100 hours so far of fun in The Division 2 and I look forward to knocking up several dozen hours of fun in Anno 1800 too. On top of that, with Far Cry 6 coming, the 3rd title in the Assassins Creed trilogy and the 3rd South Park game on their way, those combined with the several hundred hours of fun I've already had , pretty much ensures that I will buy from Uplay again. Everyones tastes are different though of course.

I think I got it wrong now anyway, I think I pre-ordered because it was moving hoping it would get Steam achievements like the last Anno did but it didn't, I've put in for a refund now anyway so as I haven't played 2205 yet I'll give that a go and if I like it I may buy it in a sale some time if it ever comes back to Steam.

Associate
Oddly enough Ive never played any of the series, and its very much the genre of game that I really like. Ive just never really tried it, might give some of the older ones a go and see what I think.

Soldato

Steam achievements define whether you play a game or not?

Man of Honour
Well, there are Uplay achievements instead of the Steam Achievements , if a person is an achievement hunter...and if anything the Uplay achievements are better because whilst the Steam achievements actually dont give you anything of any real use, the Uplay achievements give you Uplay points which you can then use to get 20% off your next Uplay game. So theres one plus at least toward Uplay rather than Steam

Soldato
Has anyone found any bugs or issues with the game as yet...?

Just had some time to start to play today and found that my quests have stopped working. The one "Family bonds" where you need 4 schnapps, I have around 14 or so. And then another quest "Freedom and the free press", selecting the required ship does nothing. A citizen quest is showing (star) but when selected nothing happens. No voices as well from any NPC.
Game can no longer progressed due to those quests not working.

I am noting that there are some bugs in the quests / campaign, patch due next week, perhaps I'm finding them..!

Man of Honour
Has anyone found any bugs or issues with the game as yet...?

Just had some time to start to play today and found that my quests have stopped working. The one "Family bonds" where you need 4 schnapps, I have around 14 or so. And then another quest "Freedom and the free press", selecting the required ship does nothing. A citizen quest is showing (star) but when selected nothing happens. No voices as well from any NPC.
Game can no longer progressed due to those quests not working.

I am noting that there are some bugs in the quests / campaign, patch due next week, perhaps I'm finding them..!

Very odd, I've got just under 6 hours played so far, havent had any bugs at all, quest or otherwise.

Soldato
Very odd, I've got just under 6 hours played so far, havent had any bugs at all, quest or otherwise.

I posted over at the official forums about this, and I have read similar posts since, like this one....

There is a bug that affects campaign & sandbox (happened to me in sandbox) where all NPC dialog disappear (quests, diplomacy, etc...). Making the campaign unfinishable if you stumble upon it. I agree it is pretty game breaking and should never have made it into release, very very frustating bug.

...there are other posts which are similar.

One suggested to try and avoid closing pop ups regarding quests with the X in the box, if that makes sense. They thought that it seems to increase the chances of that particular bug, the window will close itself after a few seconds. I decided to restart a new game and have now gone past that situation. Hopefully it will continue ok.

Soldato
I'm quite enjoying this, although I properly ballsed up my first attempt at a campaign. I'd built some steel and beer infrastructure as requested and found myself at something like minus 300 workers and minus 100 farmers but I couldn't upgrade any of my farmer houses into Worker houses as they were all slightly unhappy with 8/10 people for instance. All my industries didn't have enough workers/farmers so my economy came to a halt with -500 per day/hour whatever it is and wood/brick production basically stopped. I finally figured out why everyone was unhappy and not moving in / letting me upgrade - they needed more food and clothes. I built the necessary infrastructure but then didn't have anyone to man them!

I'm now doing much better in the Sandbox having learned from my mistakes :p

Associate
Caved in and bought the game, but on payment i got a 404 on the Ubisoft store but they still took the money.

Made me realise how much i hate buying on platforms other than Steam.

Back
Top Bottom