ANNO 1800

Associate
@loftie that's some really useful feedback, thank you for taking the time to write it down.

I love the Anno games however the first I played was 2070, so I'm probably going to pick this up so I can experience playing the game in an older setting, and if there is some good complexity and some changes (which it sounds like there is) to it then it will be good to play.

A lot of people point to 1404+expansion as being the best in the series, to me, 2070+expansion is very similar to 1404 with the obvious difference of setting, but it also adds an extra faction to a total of 3 (eco, tech, tycoons), there's the eco balace aspect which I thought was cool and there's underwater building. Hence why it's my favourite. It's been so long since I've played 1404 that I can't remember if there were any other differences or not. IMO, pretty much everyone has a sale on at the moment, grab 1404 Gold Edition as it's normally on sale at ~£3 - it's £3.12 on steam. Annoyingly GOGs sale is over, otherwise I'd have said grab it from there TBH. You can play in an older setting while waiting/watching to see how 1800 pans out.

Associate
Soldato
A lot of people point to 1404+expansion as being the best in the series, to me, 2070+expansion is very similar to 1404 with the obvious difference of setting, but it also adds an extra faction to a total of 3 (eco, tech, tycoons), there's the eco balace aspect which I thought was cool and there's underwater building. Hence why it's my favourite. It's been so long since I've played 1404 that I can't remember if there were any other differences or not. IMO, pretty much everyone has a sale on at the moment, grab 1404 Gold Edition as it's normally on sale at ~£3 - it's £3.12 on steam. Annoyingly GOGs sale is over, otherwise I'd have said grab it from there TBH. You can play in an older setting while waiting/watching to see how 1800 pans out.

I played quite a lot of 2070 and really really enjoyed it, I much preferred it to 2205. If 1404 is that cheap then I will definitely pick it up and give it a blast. Thank you :)

Soldato
Preloading for the Anno 1800 open beta is live now 18.21GB, final system requirements revealed

1554920112_servlet.jpg

Although the test period requires a constant internet connection, the final product won't.

1554920106_bbm3758_anno1800_system_requirements_v02-1-1024x576_(1).jpg

Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on the beta?

I liked it, though I've not played any other Anno games, so can't comment on how it compares, but I really enjoyed as much as it let me play. I like the year it's set in and it looked great.

Not sure I'm up for spending around £40 but may pick it up in the future.

Had lots of problems initially with it crashing, but updating to latest graphics driver sorted that.

Soldato
I didn't play the beta that much but I liked how it did play for the few hours I tried it out.
It did remind me of the older 1404 Venice game that I loved when it was released many years ago. I never liked the futuristic Anno games.
I liked the blueprint mode of this beta, as well as the production chains. There didn't seem to be any type of construction when placing buildings, just select and pop it is down. No upgrade construction either, in terms of animation.
Considering that it advertises itself as a city builder I would like it if you didn't have to build grids as you do.
No individual citizen selection, like Cities Skylines or Tropico 6.

Overall it seems quite fun and I will probably buy it, but not for £40. If it had been around £25 then maybe, remembering that £40 is for the std version including 20% off.

Soldato
I bought this a long while back after the original beta/alpha. The building and placement of paths etc works really well.
I like the expeditions and the fact you eventually travel to a new world which offers different production chains etc.
Having things like the zoo etc is really good too.
There is also a campaign which i did all that was available in this beta (not all there in beta) which seemed fun.

All in all im pleased i bought the deluxe version.

Soldato
So after saying I wasn't going to buy this until it drops I completely changed my mind, I decided its just the type of game I want to play right now, and with a week off at Easter the timing is good. I think the beta did enough to convince me after a day mulling it over. I also decided |I may as well shell out a bit extra for the Deluxe Edition.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what I feel is a pretty good price right now for anyone else thinking of grabbing it. I got the Deluxe from Voidu for £42.48 using code 'gamingtime', you can also get the standard with the same code for £35.99. I know it was previously £32.99 at cdkeys but they want £41.99 for it currently. I was about to purchase it from gmg before I found this, but its £41.99/£49.55 there so happy with this.

Back
Top Bottom