Sega announce Megadrive Mini.

Soldato
Sounding like they've dropped AtGames *HURRAH!* Also sounds like they've taken a hard look at the Ninteno, NeoGeo, C64 mini consoles and the news from Sony and gone back and are polishing it up a bit. Not a bad thing.
Hope all of this is true! Really getting in to these mini collectibles.

Soldato
The Snes Mini has already been done? ;)

True. It's like the Spectrum vs C64 and Cats and Dogs. Both have their +'s and -'s. The SNES Mini as a system will take some beating. Practically perfect emulation, 2 perfect pads, great interface and it's possible to play 100s of backups, from most systems including the Mega Drive. Under £70 too. Best piece of kit you can buy in video gaming in my opinion.

Soldato
Soooop getting a SNES mini. Saw this thread, went straight to the Nintendo web site to check out the games list. Done deal.

Want the mega drive next. Saw something about a 3DO the other day too.

Love 90s consoles and games. I was definitely a Sega fanboy, even though I had a SNES and N64 too.

Man of Honour
OP
We have an update! :eek:
Launch date - September 19th.
40 games.
$80

Development by M2. Same guys who did Sega Ages. This is a VERY good thing, it's not AtGames

Games announced so far vary with region.
Japanese version - Sonic 2, Puyo Puyo 2, Shining Force, Castlevania Bloodlines, Powerball, Gunstar Heroes, Comix Zone, Rent-a-Hero, Space Harrier II, and Madou Monogatari Ichi.
US Version - Altered Beast, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Comix Zone, Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine, Ecco the Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes, Shining Force, Sonic The Hedgehog, Space Harrier II, ToeJam & Earl

https://kotaku.com/sega-will-release-the-genesis-mini-on-september-19-1833681956

However, Japan gets the 6 button controllers and US gets the 3 button. We'll probably get the 3 button then... and still no Sonic 3... that music rights issue is a real pain in the backside.

Associate
All am going to say is it better have Alien Storm on it , the hours,days.weeks, i spent on that game as a kid was crazy , now i have said that i think it is time to load up Alien Storm in VR on steam ..SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics in VR are great for me as most VR games on HTV VIVE make me feel so sick i go white in the face lol

Man of Honour
OP
Preordered here too.

I'm actually having some hope that it's up to Nintendo levels now it's not AtGames and they've spent time and money on it. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a Sony or SNK job.

Soldato
With no Sonic 3, it's a hard sell for me. That is THE megadrive game for me ;) I'm interested in the Mega SG for this reason as I have the carts etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pre-ordered one as well seeing as it's made by Sega themselves!

Have they announced the full games list yet?

Not that i know of :) should have said "it may be a hard sell"

I do doubt they sorted the licensing issues out just for this? I would have assumed it would have been done for any of the collections we have had in the past if that's the case but who knows. Would be a cool thing to put on the box, like starfox 2 on the Nintendo one

Last edited:
Soldato
They've got CastleVania: Bloodlines so that gives me hope it's not just full of Sega first party titles which have been available previously.

Man of Honour
OP
More games announced today. Now up to 20 of the 40 revealed.

US/EU List

Altered Beast
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Comix Zone
Contra: Hard Corps
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole
Probotector
Shining Force
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier 2
Streets of Rage II
Super Fantasy Zone
Thunder Force III
ToeJam & Earl
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

C'mon Sonic 3.... 1 and 2 are on there.

Also, Earthworm Jim. Fantastic, love that game.
What do you reckon to the possibility of Boogerman? ;)

Japan list

Castlevania: Bloodlines
Comix Zone
Contra Hard Corps
Dyna Brothers 2: Sega Channel Special
Game no Kanzume Otokuyo
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker
MUSHA
Madou Monogatari I
Powerball
Puyo Puyo Tsu
Rent-A-Hero
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier 2
Streets of Rage 2
Super Fantasy Zone
The Hybrid Front
Thunder Force III
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck

Also, there was a livestream in Japan that had the hardware there and they did a size comparison.

D4cXbDCW4AABFYx.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom