BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Hmm, the 5GT had gone already so didn't even get to see it. I think it is very true about the price though. I've seen this:

https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903286376743?location=High Wycombe, UK

Though it is SE and not M-sport, I do think the new SE looks much better than the old. Gives a well specced car with lower miles. So there really is no justification for spending ~25k on an F11 with 40-50k miles on the clock.

Man of Honour
Not with that reg. The other odd thing about it is that it wasn't registered until September, which was several months after the LCI. But it's a pre LCI car.

I thought the digital clocks were LCI only - some sort of overlap perhaps?

Perhaps BMW had some spare stuff in the parts bin...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I was about to mock you for 20 grands worth of pre facelift F10 but WOW @ the specification of that. Absolutely nuts!

Edit: Actually when you look at it, it seems to have loads of options you've like for 5 minutes and then never care about again (4 zone AC, heated rear seats, rear screens, rear blinds) but few of the really great ones to have - no cameras, for example. And being a pre LCI the high beam assist is sadly the basic pointless one :(
Pretty much your edit.
Looks lush at first sight but then you realise it doesn’t have the useful things you mention!

Plus no comfort seats :p

Associate
https://usedcars.bmw.co.uk/vehicle/201903296418386?location=High Wycombe, UK&quoteref=b8d0bdfc-5599-4ff7-8cee-70b07c36d2bc

Tempted by this. No stereo upgrade, but I’ve got to accept very few cars will be perfect. I listen to a bit of Spotify and pod casts and have never felt my focus or base gen 1 Cayman stereo was lacking.

They are sending a video through as i can’t easily drive to see it.

Also, is traffic updates a seperate subscription to pay or it free? Also seen no sports transmission so no launch control, think I’ll survive!

Soldato
The M140i will be going in the coming weeks/months as I've struggled to jel with it, and coming from a 17 year old E39 that cost a fraction of the price, I shouldn't really be feeling like I'm comparing the two and missing the features of the E39...

My issues - fundamentally - are that the car feels significantly faster than the M135i I previously had, so much to the point where it's not a particularly enjoyable experience revving it out because if you do, you're immediately in the licence losing territory with no pleasure from the experience, and secondly the suspension and ride quality feel appaling (I have adaptive, FWIW). It rarely feels sorted nor comfortable except on rare occasions. Plus there's a slew of creaks and rattles, and the depreciation curve is still quite steep (this is of course expected and I'd be okay with this normally, but coupled with me not enjoying the car has made me question the very point of owning it).

As such I'm on the hunt for something else. I don't really know what I want - I loved the E39, so logically I'm looking at the F10 but there's very little decent spec cars with a 6cyl petrol. I'm not that keen on the F30 design, and the new 5 Series is out of my price range. I know they're not hailed as champions around here but the E60 is looking appealing right now, specifically an E60 530i. I'd go for a touring, but again, decent ones are rarer still.

Can someone talk me out of this madness?! I know I've got a 340bhp hot hatch and am considering a 13 year old barge, but such is life...

Back
Top Bottom