Borderlands 3

Man of Honour
Who else is replaying BL2 now because of this? Down the rabbit hole again...

Was really tempted to, as we had immense 4 player fun on BL2, but with BL3 being so close we are going to all wait for BL3 and prepare ourselves for some more loot-shoot hilarity at release :)

Man of Honour
It's a difficult line to walk when your game has such an identity. Make it the same as the old one, and it's just the same old stuff, make it too different, and it's no longer Borderlands. I'm sure Gearbox are aware of this and are conscious of trying to push the game without taking it away from the Borderlands identity.

Funnily enough, that's the exact complaint I saw raised by many people about Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey, that it had changed and was no longer Assassins Creed

Soldato
Was really tempted to, as we had immense 4 player fun on BL2, but with BL3 being so close we are going to all wait for BL3 and prepare ourselves for some more loot-shoot hilarity at release :)

I played through BL1 with all DLC maybe 8 or so times on XB360, then BL2 maybe a dozen or so times again with all characters. Then back to BL1 on PC, then BL2 + all DLC on PC. Then BL2 all DLC 100% trophies on PS4 Pro last year, again maybe 8 or so playthroughs all characters. Then Pre Sequel 3 playthroughs for almost 100% trophies. And now back playing BL1 and BL2 on PC just because of the remastered 4k versions.....and I'm still not bored of it haha.

So in short, I'm always tempted in any Borderlands games.

Bring on BL3 and the farming bosses :)

Soldato
Well at least Gearbox are keeping up to date with one thing...micro-transactions, yay.

Video says Gearbox were asked and said "no microtransactions". There will be DLC, probably massive game extensions like the last two games.

Where did you see microtransactions?

Soldato
Man of Honour
Permabanned
The other side of the coin is that it's an easy excuse for not developing the engine (takes time and money) or design (takes expertise).

No innovation = stagnation.

Pretty cynical way too look at it tbh. It's a shooter most prominent for it's mad weapons and cell shaded graphical style, where did you expect them to go with it?

Besides, it's pretty clear that they HAVE retouched and developed a great deal since TPS, especially when you consider how very small the changes where between that and 2. It's like @Steampunk said, they have a formula and a fanbase, why should they make major changes when people adore the things that makes the series what it is in the first place.

Soldato
As much as Pitchford is a prat the DLC model of BL2 was pretty great to be honest and it's pretty clear he means no P2W (Purchasable golden keys or weapons). The only changes I'd make to BL2 DLC model would be making the UVHM upgrades free updates as opposed to paid DLC and reducing the price of the new characters to around 4.99 not 7.99. The main DLC and headhunter packs were reasonably priced for the content offered and I couldn't give a crab about the dozens of 79p cosmetic packs.

Caporegime
The only issue with their cosmetic dlc, was that it was disgustingly pointless.

Literally just a colour palette that costed money, they could do so much more with armour, attachable items, character independent pets. Perhaps it reduces the characters iconography, but it’s a game, so I really don’t care much.

There’s not much they can do with guns besides tweaking what works and removing what doesn’t, changing the manufacturer specialities and how the parts function with each other as they have done already.

The biggest fear is that like with their previous game they’re going to shortchange the season pass again. Going by the fomo ******** about raising the ‘super **** you’ edition cost by 20 dolla (where exactly is that reduced game cost from using epic store?), this seems likely.

Soldato
The biggest fear is that like with their previous game they’re going to shortchange the season pass again. Going by the fomo ******** about raising the ‘super **** you’ edition cost by 20 dolla (where exactly is that reduced game cost from using epic store?), this seems likely.
I don't think they will honestly. Pre-sequel was a minor flop created by 2K Australia, not Gearbox. This is their only big title and they've been working on it for over 5 years, they will be keen to get that DLC money in again.

Soldato
Urgh, why do they always play with a pad for these gameplay reveals.. It made the combat and movement look so slow and clunky.

Also read on PC gamer that the gun play was much better, but to me it just looked exactly the same as BL2.

Soldato
Urgh, why do they always play with a pad for these gameplay reveals.. It made the combat and movement look so slow and clunky.

Also read on PC gamer that the gun play was much better, but to me it just looked exactly the same as BL2.
I heard from a streamer that was there, DansGaming, that they all had to use a xBox pad due to Microsoft sponsored the event so they did not have a choice in the matter.

Back
Top Bottom