Borderlands 3

Soldato
I hope they've remembered to make the FOV adjustable, because that's looking like a pretty painful console FOV there.

Edit: Has DLC but no microtransactions.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hope they've remembered to make the FOV adjustable, because that's looking like a pretty painful console FOV there.

Was it on PC? I'm at work so haven't got the sound on, looking at the way they move it looks like its on console which might explain the FOV. I'm sure it will have adjustable FOV on the PC. Does look good though, more Borderlands is always a plus in my book :D

jpm

jpm

Associate
It was on PC, I watched the reveal and then some streamers playing it. The graphics options were disabled so they couldn't adjust anything.

They were all playing with a controller to for some reason and no K&M.

Soldato
Looks like Gearbox are stuck in a time warp.

Looks like Borderlands 1 or 2 DLC.

Now I enjoyed the BL series, but I would expect things to have moved on in a decade since they released the first game.

Where is the destructibility in creatures and the environment for example.

Permabanned
Honestly cannot wait!

There's enough changes their for me to be happy, but still enough of the core gameplay that the fan in me really enjoyed about the first 3 titles.

So hyped!!

Soldato
Looks like Gearbox are stuck in a time warp.

Looks like Borderlands 1 or 2 DLC.

Now I enjoyed the BL series, but I would expect things to have moved on in a decade since they released the first game.

Where is the destructibility in creatures and the environment for example.

That was explained in the video that Gearbox feel there's no one else out there doing what Borderlands is doing, so they want to keep to the recipe. I'm sure a lot of fans just want "more of the same" rather than messing with the game to do something different, and then finding it's not what the fans wanted.

There have been changes and improvements, but it seems to be more refinement than re-invention.

Soldato
That was explained in the video that Gearbox feel there's no one else out there doing what Borderlands is doing, so they want to keep to the recipe. I'm sure a lot of fans just want "more of the same" rather than messing with the game to do something different, and then finding it's not what the fans wanted.

There have been changes and improvements, but it seems to be more refinement than re-invention.

The other side of the coin is that it's an easy excuse for not developing the engine (takes time and money) or design (takes expertise).

No innovation = stagnation.

Soldato
The other side of the coin is that it's an easy excuse for not developing the engine (takes time and money) or design (takes expertise).

No innovation = stagnation.

I think they have developed, (they were demoing new lighting, materials, shading, etc in the engine years back) but they don't want to lose sight of what a Borderlands game is. Otherwise you might as well be complaining that a new story is old hat because the book uses the same typeface as the previous one.

It's a difficult line to walk when your game has such an identity. Make it the same as the old one, and it's just the same old stuff, make it too different, and it's no longer Borderlands. I'm sure Gearbox are aware of this and are conscious of trying to push the game without taking it away from the Borderlands identity.

Back
Top Bottom