Ramadan Mubarak

Associate
In the real world, this didn’t happen at all.

Ramadan Mubarak to those that celebrate it.

Interesting that a thread on Easter had a couple pages of mostly drivel about chocolate contrasted against the 4 pages here.

Personally I wouldn't support/celebrate an ideology that has no place in a civilised society. I can accept that a large proportion of Muslims are fine, but misery and subjugation follows where Islam goes.

Edit; which is inevitable when the founder was a murdering warlord who promoted violence to promote his ideology. And was extremely dubious in his personal life. In the era of #metoo it should be police be upon him.

Caporegime
OK second day (paused yesterday as I had to give blood samples) in and I am struggling - it's not the food or water. It's my bloody tea or coffee!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(:p

Soldato
OK second day (paused yesterday as I had to give blood samples) in and I am struggling - it's not the food or water. It's my bloody tea or coffee!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(:p

Yep, i think that is what I suffered with on Monday as well - blazing migraine at around 5pm. Had to sleep or else I would have gone mad with the pain.

Easing into it now and as per usual its getting used to it the first week in terms of fatigue. I can manage without the food or water. Its the tiredness thats a killer!

Soldato
It's definitely "easier" for those here in the Middle East, as most locals tend to work either later or earlier hours than the UK does. So for example here our local guys have a 6am til noon day, so most go to bed after work until 7pm (evening prayer) when they can break-fast and then eat until 6am, then work until noon, so they only have 6hrs being awake where they can't eat/drink which is quite easily manageable.

For those who've ended up in Scandinavia or Canada who have 18+hr days of sunlight - wow that harsh!

Caporegime
Absolutely crazy. Suffering for the whims of a religion.

I’m not religious but am a Christian by birth. The church can get royally stuffed if it wants me to fast for 40 days of lent. What the hell do you actually get out of it that’s beneficial in any way???

Caporegime
It's definitely "easier" for those here in the Middle East, as most locals tend to work either later or earlier hours than the UK does. So for example here our local guys have a 6am til noon day, so most go to bed after work until 7pm (evening prayer) when they can break-fast and then eat until 6am, then work until noon, so they only have 6hrs being awake where they can't eat/drink which is quite easily manageable.

For those who've ended up in Scandinavia or Canada who have 18+hr days of sunlight - wow that harsh!

It does seem like a complete cop out if people just go for an easy work around by simply changing their sleep pattern for the month. I mean it is supposed to be good idea in general to practice intermittent fasting such as eating all your food within say 8 hours - plenty of people just sustain that sort of diet on a daily basis on an ongoing basis rather than just for 30 days, if these guys have 11 hours in which to eat because they're sleeping during the day then I'm not really seeing the hardship, they've essentially become like nightshift worked for a month - what exactly are they trying to achieve by using a workaround - pretend that Allah didn't notice?

On the other hand any workers in that part of the world from say Pakistan or Bangladesh who don't have such flexible work and/or might be working outside in the heat etc.. probably have quite a tough time.

Back
Top Bottom