*** The official Apple Watch Strap/Band Thread ***

Soldato
Sorry to be slightly off topic. I’m about to get a series 4 but I would like the Nike watch face. The Nike variants appear to come with straps which aren’t so pleasing to the eye. My question is do all straps fit all Apple watches? Or am I limited with the Nike watch?

Soldato
So just the faces? And the included strap i guess.

I plan to get a leather clasp anyway to replace the stock one.

It includes exclusive Nike watch faces which have a complication linked to the Nike app to make it quicker to use. It has a Nike swoosh engraved on the back and obviously comes with different straps.

I went for the Nike because I preferred the anthracite Nike sport band over the standard black ban, even though I'll probably opt for something else.

Caporegime
It includes exclusive Nike watch faces which have a complication linked to the Nike app to make it quicker to use. It has a Nike swoosh engraved on the back and obviously comes with different straps.

I went for the Nike because I preferred the anthracite Nike sport band over the standard black ban, even though I'll probably opt for something else.

I see this word a lot in reviews - Complications. What is complications?

Commissario
OP
Complications are the widgets, the things that run on the watch. If you have an icon for [say] the weather on the screen then that's called a 'complication'. It's an horology term based on things that were added to mechanical watches which has carried over to the smartwatch.

/edit - Have a look here.

Associate
I would like to get a replacement strap or two. What straps are people buying, are you going for genuine Apple ones or are there some good third party ones? I quite like the leather loop and the link bracelet although concerned about third party link copies due to colour matching? Love to hear what you have, I have had a quick look through the thread :)

Commissario
OP
I haven't bought anything else since my last post in here. The two I use the most are the Apple sport loop and the Apple woven nylon strap that I posted right at the top. I've still not found a Bond nato that I like well enough to keep. The Juuk bracelets mentioned in here get a lot of loving.

Soldato
Commissario
OP
They arrived. Two of them don't clip in properly and won't stay in place so I've emailed the supplier.

Here they are anyway, these are all from eBay and worked out at £3.23 each because there's a 10% discount if you order five. The original price was £3.59 each although they appear to have gone up a little bit since last week. I also used the £5 discount code I had in my account so it cost me £11.15 for all five :)

I've strapped these on tighter than I'd normally wear them for the pictures. They really don't feel any different to my original Apple loops so it'll be interesting to see how well they last. They're about half an inch shorter than the genuine ones.

Colour: Dragonfruit
W0IiDn7.jpeg

Colour: Cargo Khaki
N3gLtut.jpeg

Colour: Indigo
smeQN9l.jpeg

Colour: Hyper Grape
t2Vosv7.jpeg

Colour: Spruce Fog
WYYgAVU.jpeg

Soldato
Got mine yesterday too.

They don't clip into the watch quite as nicely as some other straps i have and i would've liked the bits that connect to the watch to be silver rather than the colour of the strap but i can live with that for the money.

I'm pretty happy with them, if they're similar to the official Apple ones i think i'd be a bit disappointed if i'd spent £50 on one!

Back
Top Bottom