The Fashion Thread... personal tastes, musings, and recommendations

Caporegime
OP
Aren’t you ‘ruining’ a consumable part?
I'm more bothered about not slipping and breaking the non-consumable part that is my neck than potentially ruining a consumable part of a shoe...

You can get rubber put onto leather multiple times and I have never had a problem with it. :)

Caporegime
OP
Guys does anyone know any good places to get Converse shoes? I am specifically looking for Chuck Taylor All Star Hi designs in leather (and only leather) and size 10 but it seems that they are like hens teeth in Europe. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
SO I'm in the process of buying some Gregory Peck sunnies, I'll be getting them with a prescription as I'm hard of seeing but my question is: polarised or nah?

I'm not sure I'll get the benefit from them most of the time, they'll cost an extra £50, they might not allow me to use my phone with them on.

So, thoughts?

Caporegime
OP
SO I'm in the process of buying some Gregory Peck sunnies, I'll be getting them with a prescription as I'm hard of seeing but my question is: polarised or nah?

I'm not sure I'll get the benefit from them most of the time, they'll cost an extra £50, they might not allow me to use my phone with them on.

So, thoughts?
Polarised are amazing if you are frequently around water (sailing, fishing etc) or in the mountains in Summer. If not, then it's probably not so practical. Personally, I always buy them as it is easier on my eyes. Also, AMOLED phones seem fine with them on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Polarised are amazing if you are frequently around water (sailing, fishing etc) or in the mountains in Summer. If not, then it's probably not so practical. Personally, I always buy them as it is easier on my eyes. Also, AMOLED phones seem fine with them on.
Tricky. My phone is AMOLED (Pixel 2), but I'm rarely around water! Think I'm probably verging towards non-polarised to be honest. They're not cheap in the first place and standard protection should do me fine.

In other fashion news, I've been trying to find some 'court' style trainers for ages, considered stan smiths and am still considering them. It seems like they all fit strangely (meaning a 12 doesn't fit me with any of them even though I'm usually a 12!) so I've gone up to a 13 :( Think I'll go with stan smiths but I can't quite make my mind up!

/tinyrant

Man of Honour
Tricky. My phone is AMOLED (Pixel 2), but I'm rarely around water! Think I'm probably verging towards non-polarised to be honest. They're not cheap in the first place and standard protection should do me fine.

In other fashion news, I've been trying to find some 'court' style trainers for ages, considered stan smiths and am still considering them. It seems like they all fit strangely (meaning a 12 doesn't fit me with any of them even though I'm usually a 12!) so I've gone up to a 13 :( Think I'll go with stan smiths but I can't quite make my mind up!

/tinyrant
I have some Stan Smith's. I do like them but I find they are a little shorter than some shoes so my toe just touches the front on one shoe. I can't go p in size as they would be too large. Strangely one heel rubs too (same foot) so I obviously have one foot a little larger than the other. But both are only very slight and apart from that I like them a lot. I have the classic white with green but if I were to buy them again I'd probably just get white on white as they would be more versatile.

Caporegime
OP

/tinyrant
One thing I have learnt in life is only buy shoes that fit as perfectly as possible. Any doubts or discomfort, don't do it.

Soldato
I have some Stan Smith's. I do like them but I find they are a little shorter than some shoes so my toe just touches the front on one shoe. I can't go p in size as they would be too large. Strangely one heel rubs too (same foot) so I obviously have one foot a little larger than the other. But both are only very slight and apart from that I like them a lot. I have the classic white with green but if I were to buy them again I'd probably just get white on white as they would be more versatile.
Thanks for the insight, much appreciated! The ones I've bought are the white on white, and am now wondering whether it would benefit from the blue contrast.

One thing I have learnt in life is only buy shoes that fit as perfectly as possible. Any doubts or discomfort, don't do it.
You say that, but I have 8 pairs of shoes to return at home at the moment. It's getting out of hand :D

Soldato
Anyone know where to get cheaper Levi 505 regular fit jeans than the official website? They're nice jeans but not 160quid nice.

I previously found a pair in tkmaxx in my size and think I paid about 40quid for them. I've looked on Amazon but the seller who advertised them (usaimport or variation of that) didn't have them in my size 36w 34l. Looked on a few major retailer sites, next Debenhams, very etc but they don't seem to carry the 505 range.

If they're not readily available can you recommend a similar style / fit?

Back
Top Bottom