• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are prices of the 2700x expected to drop much after the new cpus launch?

Soldato
Now here's hoping my B450 gaming pro carbon can actually handle the 2700x let alone the 3000 series ones :p
There's only one other b450 'full' ATX board that beats the MSI Pro Carbon for VRMs (ASUS Rog Strix B450-E) - and will gobble any 2XXX CPU you throw at it - the 2700X will not be an issue. It will also cope with Zen 2 once the latest BIOS update has been applied.

*Be sure to apply the update via the BIOS and not the Windows environment.

Associate
Thats what I was thinking as well, its just all the talk of the x570 boards being "recommended" by people like MSI I guess it really depends on the exact board you have and whether its actually good enough.

But like I said, we should wait until 7/7 and see some real world tests and opinions before anything, thats the safest bet.

Hopefully lives up to the hype yeah,

Thanks for clearing that up Plec.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

There's only one other b450 'full' ATX board that beats the MSI Pro Carbon for VRMs (ASUS Rog Strix B450-E) - and will gobble any 2XXX CPU you throw at it - the 2700X will not be an issue. It will also cope with Zen 2 once the latest BIOS update has been applied.

*Be sure to apply the update via the BIOS and not the Windows environment.

Well that sounds awesome, glad I decided to splash out a bit more on the better board than to cheap out!

Associate
Well that sounds awesome, glad I decided to splash out a bit more on the better board than to cheap out!

Well i absorbed advise that if you go with amd make sure the motherboard is decent always, because of future processor upgrades and i am also glad that i did not also cheap out on the motherboard.

So i went with gigabytes flagship x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Well i absorbed advise that if you go with amd make sure the motherboard is decent always, because of future processor upgrades and i am also glad that i did not also cheap out on the motherboard.

So i went with gigabytes flagship x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi.

Dan.

Yeah it makes perfect sense, otherwise you would be in an intel position where everytime you want to upgrade the CPU, you HAVE to upgrade the mobo as well. Whereas in our case, we can just get a new chip for the same boards.

Associate
Yeah it makes perfect sense, otherwise you would be in an intel position where everytime you want to upgrade the CPU, you HAVE to upgrade the mobo as well. Whereas in our case, we can just get a new chip for the same boards.

Yep that alone is one of the reasons why i went with amd this time around, also amd is the king of bang for buck but intel is the performance king but it is possible in a way that ryzen 3000 might smash intel in the nuts regarding performance because amd has the 7nm advantage while intel does not.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yep that alone is one of the reasons why i went with amd this time around, also amd is the king of bang for buck but intel is the performance king but it is possible in a way that ryzen 3000 might smash intel in the nuts regarding performance because amd has the 7nm advantage while intel does not.

Exactly! And even intel's future plans dont have 7nm on the horizon, the best they can manage is 10nm

Associate
Exactly! And even intel's future plans dont have 7nm on the horizon, the best they can manage is 10nm

At the very least amd is catching up with intels performance crown and only at the very least we will have to see but what i have been reading maybe matching intel's 8 series processor or maybe intel's 9 series processor regarding ipc and performance of the new amd processors.

Anyways mate i have been researching and for ryzen 3000 series 3600 mhz ram is the sweet spot and is no longer 3000/3200mhz which is the case with ryzen 1 and 2 so i will be buying this below.

Reason why i go for 8 pack ram is a guaranteed compatibility with amd motherboards and the like.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £158.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Correct me if wrong but yeah.

I have 8 pack ram and it has a nice xmp profile that i can use you see so yep with my motherboard, so people moving from intel just to let you know for me i have the xmp menu so no need to worry about getting the guaranteed speed of the ram or no need to mess about with manual tuning of the ram.

61613534_10157289205712375_5859319059513868288_o.jpg

Just unsure if every amd motherboard support xmp so i don't know but with mine it does.

If anybody is going to get the same motherboard as me just to let you know this is where you switch the computer on, so the power button on the pc case is not used at all from what i have found out, unless there is one but for me mine maybe isn't connected so yeah.

64219756_10157325342462375_5236249249099808768_o.jpg

Below is my disco computer, i like the lights though.

62656714_10157325348612375_1333577630191976448_o.jpg

Dan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

At the very least amd is catching up with intels performance crown and only at the very least we will have to see but what i have been reading maybe matching intel's 8 series processor or maybe intel's 9 series processor regarding ipc and performance of the new amd processors.

Anyways mate i have been researching and for ryzen 3000 series 3600 mhz ram is the sweet spot and is no longer 3000/3200mhz which is the case with ryzen 1 and 2 so i will be buying this below.

Reason why i go for 8 pack ram is a guaranteed compatibility with amd motherboards and the like.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £158.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Correct me if wrong but yeah.

I have 8 pack ram and it has a nice xmp profile that i can use you see so yep with my motherboard, so people moving from intel just to let you know for me i have the xmp menu so no need to worry about getting the guaranteed speed of the ram or no need to mess about with manual tuning of the ram.

61613534_10157289205712375_5859319059513868288_o.jpg

Just unsure if every amd motherboard support xmp so i don't know but with mine it does.

If anybody is going to get the same motherboard as me just to let you know this is where you switch the computer on, so the power button on the pc case is not used at all from what i have found out, unless there is one but for me mine maybe isn't connected so yeah.

64219756_10157325342462375_5236249249099808768_o.jpg

Below is my disco computer, i like the lights though.

62656714_10157325348612375_1333577630191976448_o.jpg

Dan.

Damn thats some really nice RAM Dan!

I was just messing around with some RAM overclocks on my machine, and even though I could get my ram speed upto 3333, when I did the benchmark test it actually performed worse than when it was at 3200 which I found strange.

But now that the 3000 series is confirmed to get RAM upto 3600 as the sweetspot, the performance will be remarkable!

Associate
Damn thats some really nice RAM Dan!

I was just messing around with some RAM overclocks on my machine, and even though I could get my ram speed upto 3333, when I did the benchmark test it actually performed worse than when it was at 3200 which I found strange.

But now that the 3000 series is confirmed to get RAM upto 3600 as the sweetspot, the performance will be remarkable!

Well your more literate than me when it comes to tinkering with the pc.

I had someone build this pc for me and as time goes on i am well lazy.

I won't be needing the 3200mhz ram i have now, if and when i do actually upgrade and waiting for the reviews which is the best bet then i will decide.

I wasn't keen on the lighting effect but it does look good at least.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Well your more literate than me when it comes to tinkering with the pc.

I had someone build this pc for me and as time goes on i am well lazy.

I won't be needing the 3200mhz ram i have now, if and when i do actually upgrade and waiting for the reviews which is the best bet then i will decide.

I wasn't keen on the lighting effect but it does look good at least.

Dan.

Trust me im no expert, im fairly new to all this! Ive just being doing some research on the forums and on google, just quite baffling how benchmark scores are subject to change randomly as well. I had the exact same setup and tested it 2 different times and got quite varying scores which was strange

Associate
Is it worth upgrading from a 2600 (which I currently have OC'd to 4.1) to a 2700x if I can find a good deal? Also, what are some overclocks that people have managed to get the 2700x. it boosts to 4.3 so I assume you can get it up to 4.4 or 4.5 possibly?

If you're referring to all core overclock, a 2700X at 4.4GHz or even 4.5GHz on regular cooling/voltages would be hitting the silicone lottery jackpot!

I've generally seen people get around 4.1GHz-4.2GHz on reasonable voltages.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

If you're referring to all core overclock, a 2700X at 4.4GHz or even 4.5GHz on regular cooling/voltages would be hitting the silicone lottery jackpot!

I've generally seen people get around 4.1GHz-4.2GHz on reasonable voltages.

Ah damn I see! So whats this about the pbo forna 2700x then? Where it boosts to 4.35?

Associate
Right well i have ordered the 3600mhz 8 pack ram, (i swear by his ram).

Came to £150 and 8 quid something for postage,

I will be giving away my 8 pack ram 3200mhz 2x8gb for nothing which is what i have planned anyways then i will have to walk to the post office to ship this ram, when i am ready as well as picking a person to give this too.

So yea i took the plunge to buy the ram because i was scared if the ram prices go up again..

I will be buying the ryzen 3000 processors if it match's the intel 8 series or better regarding ipc and performance and the like but the safe bet is to wait for the results of the reviews all over the internet.

I know regarding performance and not being fully professional as to what to expect from the ryzen 3000 series and the various factors which can affect the performance, i know.

Dan.

Last edited:
Associate
You are scared RAM prices are going up again, so you are going away perfectly good RAM that will do the same speed as the one you have jsut ordered, makes perfect sense TBH.

It does, but thanks, that is just me anyways the reason is overclocking the ram or tightening the ram timings which is what i had in mind so that makes sense unlike the 3200mhz ram i have now okay which is overclocking headroom regarding the ram because of the rated speed of 3600mhz i could run it at 3200mhz and possibly get much tighter ram timings.

Dan.

Soldato
It does, but thanks, that is just me anyways the reason is overclocking the ram or tightening the ram timings which is what i had in mind so that makes sense unlike the 3200mhz ram i have now okay which is overclocking headroom regarding the ram because of the rated speed of 3600mhz i could run it at 3200mhz and possibly get much tighter ram timings.

Dan.

Or you could end up with worse RAM than you have now since it is literally the same kit, validated for slacker timings at a higher frequency. Fair play if you want to throw money down the toilet, or be generous, but no need to bang on about it in every post. :)

Associate
Or you could end up with worse RAM than you have now since it is literally the same kit, validated for slacker timings at a higher frequency. Fair play if you want to throw money down the toilet, or be generous, but no need to bang on about it in every post. :)

Fair enough.

I am an idiot in that regard but i thought 3600mhz would be the sweet spot.

I don't bang on about it in every single one of my post's,

But thanks for being around though for your reasoning which i lacked in understanding but o well, yes it is good for business and actually went down the toilet but will use it anyways there should be an advantage of the faster speed no?

Dan.

Soldato
Fair enough.

I am an idiot in that regard but i thought 3600mhz would be the sweet spot.

I don't bang on about it in every single one of my post's,

But thanks for being around though for your reasoning which i lacked in understanding but o well, yes it is good for business and actually went down the toilet but will use it anyways there should be an advantage of the faster speed no?

Dan.

Hardly an idiot, but doing some research and asking some questions on a forum full of people with the knowledge to help you make a well informed choice. Ultimately whether you choose to use the information is entirely up to you but, there is a lot of free information available here.

As I said, the 3600 is the same RAM as the 3200, just running at C16 not C14. So if Ryzen 3xxx like frequency above latency then you are winning, kind of, since you already technically lost. :D

Back
Top Bottom