Another Example of Idiocy

Man of Honour
I think climate change is a big issue and protests do draw attention to it. I do think it's one of the biggest issues facing humanity now. But why don't the protesters also get into careers where they can influence it? For example so many school children recently went on 'strike' when really they should be changing their future career to science, energy or politics. Also do Greenpeace channel some of their funds into scientific or enerrgy research?To some degree protesting about it is like shouting "I demand someone else must fix this".

Soldato
I think climate change is a big issue and protests do draw attention to it. I do think it's one of the biggest issues facing humanity now. But why don't the protesters also get into careers where they can influence it? For example so many school children recently went on 'strike' when really they should be changing their future career to science, energy or politics. Also do Greenpeace channel some of their funds into scientific or enerrgy research?To some degree protesting about it is like shouting "I demand someone else must fix this".

I thought exactly the same thing. Instead of skipping school, do extra science.

Man of Honour
I'm glad no milkshakes were used as that would have been beyond the pail...

My wife, looking at this post over my shoulder, said, “Christ, you must be growing up.”
I asked what she meant, she said, “I remember when you would have torn into that unmercifully.”
I said, “Perhaps I’m mellowing, and don’t want to annoy people .”

Permabanned
Seen further footage earlier and there's a line of them all wearing sashes when they initially enter. It's quite obvious it's not a terrorist group. After he pushed the woman is quite obvious she isn't resisting but continues exert what looks like considerable force on her neck.

Soldato
I thought exactly the same thing. Instead of skipping school, do extra science.

Protesting makes a point that quietly getting on with things doesn't always do, it can be a. Dry powerful message to send and I am (personally) all in favour but if you protest in a confrontational manner don't be shocked if you get some back.

Caporegime
Bit pointless becoming a scientist to try and prove your point when people now say they are tired of hearing from "experts" and people like Trump and Pence tell everyone it's fake.

Soldato
You're on shaky grounds using any gender pronoun.
Ha! Yes, how dare you assume her gender :D

I don't see anything wrong here, she lunged past him and he just reacted. He had no idea what her aims were, are you supposed to see how these things play out before you react. She wasn't supposed to be there and wasn't supposed to be going where she was going and now she's crying to the media because somebody didn't let her get her own way.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
she went through security searches, so there is the assumption she was not carrying anything. Prior to this similarly dressed protesters were evicted, security missed her. Security are employed, trained and licensed to deal with this, unfortunately security on this occasion was crap. Lastly, she was walking past peacefully when he chose to lash out.

He was in the wrong and will be investigated accordingly. It's also the exact reaction the protesters were hoping for.

one rather big issue with the above statement, there was NO security at the event according to him.

as for what he did, he didnt handle it very well but yes with whats happened the past couple of years i can imagine some mp's being very jittery. was what he did right no, but again hard to say how most would react in a similar situation if you havent been in one yourself. but again she was trespassing and as greenpeace themselves have said they "gatecrashed" so maybe just maybe they should have expected the chance they would get dragged out.

Soldato
Why are these people protesting the UK government when we do more than most other countries? Go to China and try and barge in on one of their ministers private dinners, you'll probably find you'd get shot before making it that far though.

Caporegime
The person next to me is supposed to be here, they haven't barged in uninvited and refused to leave when asked, I am not a high risk politician.

That random person passing on the street? The person sat next to you on a train?

There's no evidence that these protesters exhibited any kind of violent intent at all.

Soldato
OP
Seen further footage earlier and there's a line of them all wearing sashes when they initially enter. It's quite obvious it's not a terrorist group.

shame they didn't hire you as a security expert. I never honestly realised spotting terrorists was as easy as this. I certainly hope terrorists never read this, they'll realised that they can get close to a target by dressing differently.

Soldato
The short video makes it look like she came in to the room and went straight down the row behind him and he instinctively grabbed her to stop her continuing.

But in the longer video she'd already gone down the isle in front of him, then walked back and come down behind him. He had plenty of time to stand up to stop her progress.

Interestingly there was another woman with a red dress on the opposite side of the room who I assume was doing the same and a guy had got up and was walking her back without grabbing her.

Soldato
shame they didn't hire you as a security expert. I never honestly realised spotting terrorists was as easy as this. I certainly hope terrorists never read this, they'll realised that they can get close to a target by dressing differently.

They shouldnt have been allowed in to the room. Where was security? The room had doors, why weren't they closed? I've been to political meetings and we've had security on the door. At a couple of meetings we even had people searched before entering. To say there was a government minister speaking the security was very lax. This example shows how lax it is, that a group of people can walk in to the building and no security messaged up "could be trouble coming". Very bad security.

Caporegime
Ah the "what if" people are here to justify a man attacking a woman when he could have just blocked her and waited for security (who appear to had been on the way).

Back
Top Bottom