• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
X570 Taichi already has a BIOS update to "improve Ryzen 9 performance". Once again with an AMD CPU launch, release performance may not be quite 100%.

Soldato
My motherboard arrived pre-opened but then how can I expect the retailer to update the BIOS otherwise? Agreed about buying motherboards from the rainforest though. One way to avoid getting a returned CPU is to buy on day one. :D

If you agreed with retailer for them to flash the bios, then yeah thats fine with me its a special case.

Also your day one comment is good advice, especially after what 8pack revealed that late in cpu manufacturing runs, binning of best parts can happen to move them to a new planned SKU, sort of like how late 8700k batches were all silicon losers because the winners were moved to the 8086k sku.

I returned my "clearly used, creased manual, opened accessories" asrock fatality k6 z370 to rainforest, (also faulty dodgy dimm sockets) and I expect they didnt test it and resold as new, I was refunded 5 mins after I shipped it, and when I rang was told to not bother putting notes on the RMA as it wont get read LUL. The only reason it was purchased from the rainforest was because OCUK didnt have it in stock but when I did the RMA it was in stock and also gibbo put it on sale (day after I asked himto, was nice of him), so I got the replacement from OCUK, and the manual etc. looked new and board is fine (aside from coil whine).

Last edited:
Associate
Those are the results at 720p that have been discussed for pages. They are basically worthless for real world results.

I wasn't talking about those results. They mean nothing to me. I just meant in general. What I'm moving from, even the 3600 will be a night-and-day difference.

What absolute nonsense! STOCK 3900x pulls 230w?!? That's not even close to being true.
+1
My 2700x under full load at 4.25Ghz pulls 144.599 W and the CPU VRM Output Current is 99 A.
There is no way a 7nm part is going to pull 230 W even if it does have 4 more cores than a 2700x.

It's quite possible. Zen 2 FPUs will be more power hungry than previous generations.

Last edited:
Soldato
xHISvOB

.... Stuff I shouldn't be quoting!

LoL trust one retailer to show the full range, not too bad becasue no prices are avalible, still may get a ticking of from amd if found out

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Do ocuk offer bios update on x470 if you're without a chip and wanting ryzen 3xxx?
They will, but only after the initial release/rush has died down - approx a few weeks after launch from my conversation.

They won't be overtly advertising it (not planned) - and only offered to those that ask on an ad hoc basis (confirmed in CS Forum earlier this week).

Back
Top Bottom