• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Where is the mobo forum..? Because I just did a search for gibbos posts And can't see anything in the last week in the mobo section. Link please
It's in this thread. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/18858719/

The 3rd gen section all the products regarding what we recommend memory wise, along with some other potential purchases like Gen4 SSD's, cases, power supplies etc. All the X570 motherboards will appear in that section, 2pm Sunday.

Bundles nothing so far, stock is crazy tight at the moment and were hitting MSRP's for launch on everything, what will happen in the weeks after is an unknown, maybe higher prices or maybe they come down, that is simply an unknown. With time we will of course make some soft bundles and some hard OC bundles but those are weeks away as 8 Pack needs to do more testing and so far we have tested limited CPUs and limited mainboards, once we tested more items we shall release bundles in probably circa 3-4 weeks.

NAVI's we have a large amount in stock, but CPU supply is very tight.

Caporegime
@Gibbo Whats the deal with CPU’s then fella? Are we likely to land one if we order within the first hour or so of going on sale, or is stock so tight that we may miss out even if ordering quickly on the day?

Don’t suppose you could give us an idea of how many 3900’s you’re getting could you please?

Soldato
@Gibbo Whats the deal with CPU’s then fella? Are we likely to land one if we order within the first hour or so of going on sale, or is stock so tight that we may miss out even if ordering quickly on the day?

Don’t suppose you could give us an idea of how many 3900’s you’re getting could you please?

i'd like to know about the 3900x as well, any news on stock levels of this will be handy got £1600 on stanby for it and a formula mobo and cpu block

Soldato
I call ******** on availability, frankly. Multiple people have said CPUs are in healthy supply and if there was even the tiniest chance of supply issues hampering one of AMD's most important and highly-anticipated releases then every news and leak source would be crying to the heavens about it. Intel's 14nm+++++++ supply woes were and are talk of the town, yet not a peep out of anybody if Zen 2 is in short supply?

Yet conveniently 2 days before launch there is limited stock.

Funny how Navi stock is plentiful and they've come out of the same manufacturing plant as well, so 7nm production clearly hasn't been a bottleneck.

Soldato
I call bull on Gibbos comments tbh, he's a salesman, no one was expecting Navi to fly off the shelves with super being released, even with the price cuts I still expect Nvidia to outsell Navi atleast 10 to 1.

However they will be expecting mass CPU sales off the back of tomorrow, AMD have caught Intel in gaming close enough that just having a few % more FPS for Intel won't matter when AMD is cheaper, better in multicore, less power intensive etc..

It's called creating demand, they can sell a ton at MRSP and say "oh dear we sold the low amount of units we got, we will source more but price will go up as it will cost us more" then hike the prices up.

The internet is a wonderful thing, the CPUs will be available all over the place for MRSP, go to a comparison site and use that to find the cheapest best stock, don't be loyal to companies that only exist to make a profit.

I normally only buy from OCUK but I expect tomorrow i will be purchasing a CPU and mobo elsewhere, and when partner Navi arrives that'll likely be elsewhere too, as OCYK are now the far from cheapest

Associate
I'll be keeping my eyes open for the first set of audio benchmarks to hit. Particularly interested in whether audio performance collapses when load is split across ccxs as happened with threadripper. If not the 12 core should be an absolute beast for audio production.

I'm guessing the 3700x / 3800x will have gained significantly vs 9900k. More cache and fpu throughput should make a dent, but expecting they will still be behind at 64 samples as they had so much ground to make up there. We will see.

May end up being a toss up as to whether slightly higher price / heat on intel is worth it. Should be an interesting few days.

I am interested in this also ..i do hope someone does some daw benching

Back
Top Bottom