• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
You do realise OcUK receives huge amounts of stock every day and a lot of it arrives just in plain brown boxes with no paperwork making items hard to identify.

Warehouse are under clear instructions to watch out for AMD CPUs and X570 motherboards but it’s not easy with 100’s of other deliveries also arriving.

However all the AMD CPUs that arrived today were booked in and 3700X and 3800X were not present I spoke to AMD who confirmed:

3700X: 400 units shipped from Netherlands on 5th July and were due today, likely tomorrow, about 250 presold
3800X: 180 units shipped from Neverlands on 5th July and also due today, again likely tomorrow and around 100 presold.

I had already said this in threads and it’s not changed stock most likely in tomorrow but it’s with the courier and nothing is a guarantee with couriers.
Based on this, I've taken the risk and placed the order for a 3700x. Hopefully they will arrive and ship tomorrow, failing that I'll likely have to cancel the order and re-place it in a week or so depending on stock. Unfortunately you guys didn't have the mobo or NVME SSD I was after in stock so I'll have to get those elsewhere.

Now just to hope.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Associate
Sitting back, watching the impatient get all frothed up.

If Zen 2 was going to double CPU speed, I could understand the hype and excitement. It's not going to double CPU speed, and it's not going to make games significantly "better". I'm toying with the idea of replacing my R5 1600 with a Zen 2, but in the meantime I'll "people watch" :D

Back
Top Bottom