• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
From looking over benchmarks, I think I will sit this release out. The gaming improvement from my 2700X @ 4.275GHz all core is just not enough to justify the extra cost, at 1440 UW I am GPU limited. Sure the 3900X is much faster at productivity but I am looking purely at gaming. I will keep an eye on the next few months to see what differences patches/updates make.

Soldato
There is a way to expose all the p-state settings for the power plan in windows control panel, someone on reddit posted a screenshot but sadly he didnt say how.

This guy has exposed a ton of stuff, related to p-states etc.

---

ahhaaa he replied.

instructions here

Code:
download here, https://gist.github.com/raspi/203aef3694e34fefebf772c78c37ec2c

open admin cmd; change dir to the script location & run it: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\PowerShell.exe -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& '.\enable-all-advanced-power-settings.ps1'" > powercfg.bat

run powercfg.bat to enable all options;

some info on those options: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/performance-tuning/hardware/power/power-performance-tuning

here is screenshot so you guys know what I am talking about.

https://imgur.com/a/MB23NS0

Last edited:
Associate
Just been in touch with the OCUK team over on the site and they have stated the following:

"Hi there, I'm afraid we are still waiting on stock to arrive from our suppliers for the 3800X. The latest info we have is that stock should be with us tomorrow."

Fingers crossed this is accurate information and not building up hopes again for all the customers who pre-ordered the 3800x. To be honest I can't see them coming this week but would love to be proved wrong.

OcUK Staff
Just been in touch with the OCUK team over on the site and they have stated the following:

"Hi there, I'm afraid we are still waiting on stock to arrive from our suppliers for the 3800X. The latest info we have is that stock should be with us tomorrow."

Fingers crossed this is accurate information and not building up hopes again for all the customers who pre-ordered the 3800x. To be honest I can't see them coming this week but would love to be proved wrong.

Well they should have being here yesterday, then today, now its tomorrow we are to be it frank quite confused how these shipments which left AMD at same time are arriving on different days with us, unless AMD have simply overloaded the couriers they use and they cannot literally fit the stock in vehicles or something, but makes little sense to us, a shame, the good news here is they will be here in the end.

Also we have managed to find another 1000 units on 3700X which arrive next week, so in theory that CPU should not go out of stock now. :)

Associate
Well they should have being here yesterday, then today, now its tomorrow we are to be it frank quite confused how these shipments which left AMD at same time are arriving on different days with us, unless AMD have simply overloaded the couriers they use and they cannot literally fit the stock in vehicles or something, but makes little sense to us, a shame, the good news here is they will be here in the end.

Also we have managed to find another 1000 units on 3700X which arrive next week, so in theory that CPU should not go out of stock now. :)

Damn, so no 3800x today then, which means no 3800x before Monday unless i make a 4 hour round trip and pick it up saturday :(

Soldato

Are they shipped from inside the UK?

Associate

@Gibbo That's if they ever left AMD in the first place, no one seems to have gotten their hands on them anywhere, Little strange one would say

Associate
Saturday delivery? Won't be cheap though. Kind of tempted to upgrade to Saturday delivery myself but only if they are 100% definitely arriving tomorrow.
Count yourself lucky, we don't get the option for Sat delivery to Northern Ireland, so mine was posted yesterday and I won't get it until Monday because of a public holiday here...so it could be worse

Associate
@Gibbo That's if they ever left AMD in the first place, no one seems to have gotten their hands on them anywhere, Little strange one would say

Yea im now feeling they were never shipped in the first place, and possibly not even shipped yet. This would not effect every single company for the same 3800x when 3900x and 3700x etc have been received.

Does not make an sense

Edit -

Aslo, They are receiving just "90" 3800's when they have already had over 200 3900's, over 400 3700's with even more 3900 and 3700's coming. Whats so different on the 3800's that make them less available? it all smells very fishy!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea im now feeling they were never shipped in the first place, and possibly not even shipped yet. This would not effect every single company for the same 3800x when 3900x and 3700x etc have been received.

Does not make an sense

Edit -

Aslo, They are receiving just "90" 3800's when they have already had over 200 3900's, over 400 3700's with even more 3900 and 3700's coming. Whats so different on the 3800's that make them less available? it all smells very fishy!

probably not getting a good enough yield of higher quality chiplets. They might also be using them for the upcoming 3950X instead.

Back
Top Bottom