• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
I think there is going to be a lot of super salty gamers who bought the 3900x when the 3800x benchmarks come out.
It's the only reason AMD would have held them back and not given them out for review. Because it would hurt 3900x sales.
Lisa herself said the 3800x was the top gaming CPU.

Permabanned
Holy crap :p Needs a bigger rad IMO though.

I consider it big enough :D
big.jpg

Ill have a play with CPU overclocking after work.

Associate
like on the 3900x Higher core boost is only on 1 core & chances are it will not reach that.
Also to note the 3900x get really hot even on Water being 2 chipolatas :)

Manual OC on all cores well 4.2. 4.3 Sweet spot or worse depending on the silicon lottery

Last edited:
Associate
I think there is going to be a lot of super salty gamers who bought the 3900x when the 3800x benchmarks come out.
It's the only reason AMD would have held them back and not given them out for review. Because it would hurt 3900x sales.
Lisa herself said the 3800x was the top gaming CPU.

I didn't buy into any of this conspiracy stuff. But the fact is AMD have told Gibbo that these CPUS were coming twice, in two different shipments and they never did. Their has to be a reason why no one in the uk has any stock yet, and why their is false information going about regarding deliveries.

Associate
I didn't buy into any of this conspiracy stuff. But the fact is AMD have told Gibbo that these CPUS were coming twice, in two different shipments and they never did. Their has to be a reason why no one in the uk has any stock yet, and why their is false information going about regarding deliveries.
I expect they’re still expected. Otherwise I’m sure Gibbo would have given us the bad news by now. I’m not that hopeful mind..

Associate
I expect they’re still expected. Otherwise I’m sure Gibbo would have given us the bad news by now. I’m not that hopeful mind..

Dunno, Hes not in the office so probably has not made any calls to find out. Im not hopefully either, i really wanted the cpu by the weekend which looks very unlikely now so i am tempted to go to a 3700x. But i dont want to miss out on a 3800x if they are somehow better clocking than the 3700x

Associate
There hasn't been any update since Tuesday really, Surely retailers know something since then but just not letting on, I cant believe all companies are not getting onto them for not delivering as their customers will be pestering them, But yet no one wants to give an update on forums.

Soldato
like on the 3900x Higher core boost is only on 1 core & chances are it will not reach that.
Also to note the 3900x get really hot even on Water being 2 chipolatas :)

[/QUOTE]

Imagine how hot the 3950x will get then. It might be untenable by current coolers! (until something different is designed)

Associate
There hasn't been any update since Tuesday really, Surely retailers know something since then but just not letting on, I cant believe all companies are not getting onto them for not delivering as their customers will be pestering them, But yet no one wants to give an update on forums.

Maybe someone drove off with the lorry(s). :D

Associate
Dunno, Hes not in the office so probably has not made any calls to find out. Im not hopefully either, i really wanted the cpu by the weekend which looks very unlikely now so i am tempted to go to a 3700x. But i dont want to miss out on a 3800x if they are somehow better clocking than the 3700x
You know as soon as you pull the trigger on the 3700x the 3800x is gonna pitch up though (Sod’s law).
It would be awesome if they came in today and we had them for the start of the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom