• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Associate
Well I'll be... my forza 1440p extreme benchmark score dropped to 77.. I ran it twice to confirm. The only change I had made was to install relive. So I disabled it & ran the benchmark again twice.. back up to 82 :( I assumed using relive to record in-game reduced fps.. but just having it toggled on in the settings?

*Just sanity checked it with 4 more runs 78/77 vs 82/82.

Relive?! Back of the room NOW!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I'll be... my forza 1440p extreme benchmark score dropped to 77.. I ran it twice to confirm. The only change I had made was to install relive. So I disabled it & ran the benchmark again twice.. back up to 82 :( I assumed using relive to record in-game reduced fps.. but just having it toggled on in the settings?

I would initially suspect any continuous recording features such as:

Instant Replay

When enabled, Instant Replay will continuously record your gameplay which allows you to playback up to the last 20 minutes of the session.
To access the replay footage, the video file is stored in your Save Folder. This can be useful to review recent content that was not captured.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-023#faq-Recording-Settings

Doesn't matter if you're consciously recording or not, if enabled it is permanently recording a loop in the background.

Associate
Instant Replay is part of the Relive suite.. & it was toggled off when I had relive active.

I'll do some more testing at some point but for now just going to keep relive off unless I actually want to use it:)

Soldato
There's something I really like about the 5700xt, near enough as quick as a 1080ti... If AMD dropped the price to say 300-350 that would be lethal to nvidia who seem to be struggling on stock.

Associate
Is anyone having youtube issues with their 5700xt & chrome? At 1440p60 I'm getting de-synced audio & crackling. Ironically I thought it was fixed when I installed relive but now it's flashing to a black screen before audio cuts out completely. This is fullscreen.

Firefox on the other hand has zero issues...

Caporegime
Is anyone having youtube issues with their 5700xt & chrome? At 1440p60 I'm getting de-synced audio & crackling. Ironically I thought it was fixed when I installed relive but now it's flashing to a black screen before audio cuts out completely. This is fullscreen.

Firefox on the other hand has zero issues...
No. You using DP or HDMI? Might be worth trying the other as a short term solution.

Soldato
Picked up this...lets just say curiosity got the best of me :p

v4GArvm.jpg

I've stuck my 1440p monitor to 100hz and it's been absolutely solid in both PUBG and Apex with a consistent frame rate which I'm more than happy with. It's also helps keep the fan noise down too which is an added bonus but even when on 3D Mark with a +50% power limit it's not really that intrusive a noise, especially if you have something on in the background while the benchmark is running. Certainly so far when gaming I'm not hearing it at all over the games audio...even more so if I'm using headphones.

Pirate, thief, you stole mine from the FedEx van....

Soldato
So....I've done some further tweaking @LtMatt and I've stuck an extra nudge on the core to 2130 as the aim, 25 extra on the RAM with the Power Limit set to +50% and the my volts down to 1166Mv, this produced a few stable runs on 3D Mark Time Spy with the best result below:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37557708?

Score: 9344
Graphics Score: 9372
CPU Score: 9189

2700X @ 4.1Ghz
2700XT @ 2050/14400

The card did hit 2050 during the bench and interestingly enough it managed to stay solidly over 2000mhz for a period of the bench. Not sure how much lower I can take those volts with the modest OC on the core.

I did however bottleneck out at stock clocks on the Anniversary Edition at a core of around 1114Mv, I tried out 1100 which crashed during the bench so there may be some scope to go a bit closer to that number.

Associate
No. You using DP or HDMI? Might be worth trying the other as a short term solution.

DP... it's very weird that turning on relive fixes the desync but then I get black flashing screen & audio loss. I'll do some trouble shooting see if I can pin it down.

*disabling hardware accelaration fixed it but thats not ideal so I guess I'll use firefox until the next driver update & hope that fixes it.

Soldato
Ok, this may be an obvious question, but seeing as all these RX 5700XT are the same (reference design but please correct me if I'm wrong), so essentially if they're all identical, how come theres a difference in the price (other than the inevitable asus tax)?

Soldato
I keep looking at these blower versions and I'm REALLY tempted to get one and slap a morpheus on it! I've got a couple of cryorig 120mm pwm fans sitting here doing nowt and a shed load of them vram heatsinks
I fancy summat to have a play around with

Back
Top Bottom