• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Picked up this...lets just say curiosity got the best of me :p

v4GArvm.jpg

I've stuck my 1440p monitor to 100hz and it's been absolutely solid in both PUBG and Apex with a consistent frame rate which I'm more than happy with. It's also helps keep the fan noise down too which is an added bonus but even when on 3D Mark with a +50% power limit it's not really that intrusive a noise, especially if you have something on in the background while the benchmark is running. Certainly so far when gaming I'm not hearing it at all over the games audio...even more so if I'm using headphones.

Caporegime

v4GArvm.jpg

I've stuck my 1440p monitor to 100hz and it's been absolutely solid in both PUBG and Apex with a consistent frame rate which I'm more than happy with. It's also helps keep the fan noise down too which is an added bonus but even when on 3D Mark with a +50% power limit it's not really that intrusive a noise, especially if you have something on in the background while the benchmark is running. Certainly so far when gaming I'm not hearing it at all over the games audio...even more so if I'm using headphones.

Woo look at you. You will probably have a better bin than me. :)

Caporegime

v4GArvm.jpg

image.png

:D

Caporegime
It's my first AMD card in looooooong time! So I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking to do Overclocking wise or especially Voltage wise. It does seem the under volt tweak seems to be something to look into though.

:D
From my testing, lower voltage by -0.050mv to -0.075mv (drag the dot on the right down) and increase power limit to max, click apply. Test.
4DcRVWO.png

Does not appear to be much headroom on memory overclocking on GDDR6, managed 25Mhz. Any higher would crash the system and require a hard restart.

Soldato
From my testing, lower voltage by -0.050 to -0.075mv and increase power limit to max, click apply. Test.

Does not appear to be much headroom on memory overclocking on GDDR6, managed 25Mhz. Any higher would crash the system and require a hard restart.

I'll give it a go and see how I get on. I've played it safe with the Memory and applied the 25Mhz boost which seemed to be the case on various reviews online.

Associate
I'm biased cause I bought a 5700xt but the 50th edition card looks fab:D

So I go the same score as you at 1080p on Forza Matt & also ran 1440p.. all with just the undervolt toggle on:p

Hv3QwGd.png
qMCxkEb.png

Soldato
From my testing, lower voltage by -0.050mv to -0.075mv (drag the dot on the right down) and increase power limit to max, click apply. Test.
4DcRVWO.png

So I gave your settings a try Matt and to be honest she seems to top out around 2010Mhz similar to yours. On a consistent basis it was sitting between 1980 and 1990 however where it was a bit all over the place at times before. Temp wise it also didn't knock too much off as it was still hitting a high of 85 on +50% on the Power Limit. I'll try upping the max core a bit and see where I can take it.

Soldato
Same settings but 1440P, used the SMAAT2x option to add some more GPU strain. Not sure how much more demanding it is than the TAA setting though.

5700 XT
TRlE7Zg.jpg

Radeon VII
Nm4YQU5.jpg

Will test Forza 4 next.

Beaut cheers Matt, that is one hell of an achievement for Amd, using a 2560 shader card on a 256 bus at 1440p. Ok the VII has an 8fps peak but in the averages the Navi is right up there with it.
My V64 lc is going to be retired I think,

Caporegime
So I gave your settings a try Matt and to be honest she seems to top out around 2010Mhz similar to yours. On a consistent basis it was sitting between 1980 and 1990 however where it was a bit all over the place at times before. Temp wise it also didn't knock too much off as it was still hitting a high of 85 on +50% on the Power Limit. I'll try upping the max core a bit and see where I can take it.
Sounds good. Be interested to know how far you can lower the voltage before artifacts or crashing at stock.

Caporegime
The Blower is actually ideal for my use case as a Radeon VII will be living next door to it running my 4K display and the 5700 XT will take care of my 3440 Ultra Wide. A blower will put all of the heat out the rear and not stiffle my Radeon VII.

Associate
Don't blame you, If you can live with the stock cooler, or can mod it for less than £50 it's still worth doing.
I'm going to make my own block mount for it if I get a Navi,

I can live with it, the VII under load is hardly quiet either, and if you can get the fan curves right then it's not too bad. I would prefer an AIB, but if I want to shift my VII back now, then I can't wait.

Soldato
No it's a Nvidia RTX game.
That is impressive, if that performance is widespread that puts an undervolted 5700 XT at 1080TI / 2080 performance levels or is that an AMD preferred game?

There is a gotcha though, as we know from the 1080 launch, AMD has set the voltage at the level it is as large amounts of the chips won’t undervolt properly without crashing at their rated boost speeds.

Soldato
Sounds good. Be interested to know how far you can lower the voltage before artifacts or crashing at stock.

I've got the thing down to 1124mv at the moment and on Time Spy benching it seems solid enough, managed to eek out an extra 54pts overall on the total score. So I have been able to get it to this so far:

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37556293?

Score: 9252
Graphics Score: 9267
CPU Score: 9169

So it's definitely going in the right direction and those core clocks are starting to get to be really solid. Will be edging down a bit more and seeing how low this one will go. Then I'll need to rigorously test.

Soldato
The Blower is actually ideal for my use case as a Radeon VII will be living next door to it running my 4K display and the 5700 XT will take care of my 3440 Ultra Wide. A blower will put all of the heat out the rear and not stiffle my Radeon VII.
I've had numerous reference Amd cards over the years and generally I have always got on well with them, when tweaked with a custom fan profile and undervolt. In an Itx case blower cards work really too so I agree with you.
I have just upgraded my case from Itx back to a Mid tower and since I've modded my lc64 with a 360mm rad I don't think I can go back to a blower card, I have a Vega 64 blower reference still and I tested it the other day and even at 1500mhz @ 0.95v and a 30-40% fan I just couldn't tolerate it.

Back
Top Bottom