• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I just used new egg psu calculator (using ryzen 7) and it recomends 776 watts? so may be i do need 850watts?
the new egg psu calc is a little borked it tends to go on the high side way too much... i assume to count in the cheapo nasty psu's ...try other calcs from cooler master and others to get an average..there is allso a psu calc on part picker too ..also take into account us 120v and UK 240v

Associate
Too add to the new egg PSU calc just calculated one of my builds ryzen 7 2700 1080 2x 1tb sdd 2x 3 tb hdd desktop motherboard 16 gb ram and comes to a whopping 721w recommended .now just tested this pc from the wall in a game then on aida test and i pull no more than 341w .. tested with two different power monitors same result.. to add i do have offset of -0.125 on the cpu..also note psu's are usually more efficient at half load but this all depends on what you buy ..best to do a bit of research

Last edited:
Soldato
My ITX box consists of an Asus X470-I, a Ryzen 3700X (used to run perfectly with a 2700X too), 16GB RAM, 3 SSDs, 1 mech HD, a 1080Ti and it's running perfectly from a 650 watt EVGA Supernova G3. Had to go with the 650w G3 for it to fit in the ITX case. The PSU never even gets hot even when the PC is under load which suggests it isn't really being stressed.

Definitely no real need for 750+ watt PSUs with relatively normal spec systems unless you have a board/other devices that need the additional connectors.

Associate
My ITX box consists of an Asus X470-I, a Ryzen 3700X (used to run perfectly with a 2700X too), 16GB RAM, 3 SSDs, 1 mech HD, a 1080Ti and it's running perfectly from a 650 watt EVGA Supernova G3. Had to go with the 650w G3 for it to fit in the ITX case. The PSU never even gets hot even when the PC is under load which suggests it isn't really being stressed.

Definitely no real need for 750+ watt PSUs with relatively normal spec systems unless you have a board/other devices that need the additional connectors.

yeah good psu that ..think thats a superflower i went for a Evga p2 650w i think i would have to look again a super flower

Associate
B450 Mortar and 3600, very high idle temps (40-50) and voltage (1.41) all the time, even on the desktop doing nothing or browsing a webpage.

Have latest chipset drivers, bios, tried both Windows/Ryzen balanced plans, measured volts only using CPU-Z, etc.

Soldato
thanks - no need for wifi as i'll be over network. Thinking about the asus x570-p for 200...delivery tomorrow. Just want to be able to get up and running with minimal headaches or fuss and i suppose a 570 is definitely going to provide more future proofing than a b450..

Gaming X gigabyte £180 . Cant remember the VRM Vs Asus P . 10 (5x2) 60amps

Associate
B450 Mortar and 3600, very high idle temps (40-50) and voltage (1.41) all the time, even on the desktop doing nothing or browsing a webpage.

Have latest chipset drivers, bios, tried both Windows/Ryzen balanced plans, measured volts only using CPU-Z, etc.

Yeah i am seeing a lot of mixed results on the web re temps on idle i think more investigating needs to be done re this... what is the chip actually pulling probing the socket ect to me it seems some cores are not parking sleeping as the AMD rep guy was stating ..could be down to bios i guess needs time for the dust to settle with v2's.. i have 3 3700x builds to do today all on the same boards b450 mortars same memory same everything so will be interesting to see if there is any big variations between them all.

Permabanned
AMD has identified the issue impacting the ability to run Destiny 2 on Ryzen 3000 processors and have implemented a BIOS fix that has been distributed to partners. In the coming days, players will be able to download the updated BIOS from their motherboard providers.

Associate
AMD has identified the issue impacting the ability to run Destiny 2 on Ryzen 3000 processors and have implemented a BIOS fix that has been distributed to partners. In the coming days, players will be able to download the updated BIOS from their motherboard providers.

was it confirmed that this was x570 only last i looked non x570 users where fine ..strange its a bios thing

Soldato
And my second zen buikd is up and running.
Hope my mate likes it :)

c4db4dd27ace36106f3adf987453ddc45ccb00b6.jpeg

Looks excellent.

Associate
Alright guys. Going to buy a 3900x in the next couple of days. Two questions

X570 taichi or the Gigabyte Aorus Ultra? Do not need wifi.

Going to start with 16 GB ram. Which should I buy?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom