• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Yeah i am seeing a lot of mixed results on the web re temps on idle i think more investigating needs to be done re this... what is the chip actually pulling probing the socket ect to me it seems some cores are not parking sleeping as the AMD rep guy was stating ..could be down to bios i guess needs time for the dust to settle with v2's.. i have 3 3700x builds to do today all on the same boards b450 mortars same memory same everything so will be interesting to see if there is any big variations between them all.

Keep us updated, I've got a 3700x on b450 mortar with a h100i, temps jump around constantly, between 40 and 65 at idle, volts at 1.46

Soldato
The temps on these cpus are absurd. Set wither 3 to download. Was intersting what idle temps are like when pc is untouched, reset min/max and walked away for couple of hours. Results: min 33c, max 67c.

The CPU went all thew ay to 67c whilst being absolutely idle, nobody touched it, why would it go to 67c >_<

Soldato
The temps on these cpus are absurd. Set wither 3 to download. Was intersting what idle temps are like when pc is untouched, reset min/max and walked away for couple of hours. Results: min 33c, max 67c.

The CPU went all thew ay to 67c whilst being absolutely idle, nobody touched it, why would it go to 67c >_<

I think with these cpu's we need to think what normal temperatures are. They're 7nm with a lot of thermal output in a very small area. As long as your full load temps aren't silly, I think it's likely that low load temperatures being high is very normal.

Soldato
Keep us updated, I've got a 3700x on b450 mortar with a h100i, temps jump around constantly, between 40 and 65 at idle, volts at 1.46

Is it truly at idle? Even with something like web browser minimised it is still doing something. Just as an example, I was seeing voltages down at 0.455-0.8 on the desktop with nothing happening on the system and temps around the 27-32c depending on the ambient at the time.

Is it truly at idle? Even with something like web browser minimised it is still doing something. Just as an example, I was seeing voltages down at 0.455-0.8 on the desktop with nothing happening on the system and temps around the 27-32c depending on the ambient at the time.
Agreed. There's so much bloatware on most PCs that you can't always be certain that tasks aren't running constantly.

Associate
I think with these cpu's we need to think what normal temperatures are. They're 7nm with a lot of thermal output in a very small area. As long as your full load temps aren't silly, I think it's likely that low load temperatures being high is very normal.

maybe someone should start a thread so we can collect some temp data on these 7nm chips ..what there using in terms of cooling amb temps volts clocks ect ..

Associate
This fits with the idea that one of the chiplets is binned, and the other not.
Yeah , that's what I was thinking when I saw that, especially that first six are good and second 6 are way worse (same as on djbully's screenshot above). Manual OC of all cores would be limited by the second chiplet.

3950X will be much better with 2 binned chiplets maybe:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom