• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Care to elaborate? ;)
As most of the reading back at the time was that XFR2 was the only feature missing support on 350/370 series boards and that was the main difference with 450/470 boards.

The actual XFR2, precision boost is built into the CPU isnt it? Crosshair VI certainly supports it though a bios update. (Thats what I understand, could be wrong!)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Care to elaborate? ;)
As most of the reading back at the time was that XFR2 was the only feature missing support on 350/370 series boards and that was the main difference with 450/470 boards.

They said that at the time but the CPUs are a SoC and xfr and precision boost etc are built into the CPU itself and not the chipset.

Updates to the xfr and PB are contained within the agesa updates so if an older board gets a bios update with the new agesa then its gets the updates xfr etc.

I can confirm this using a 3700x on an X370 taichi with latest bios. It boosts and scores exactly the same as if it were running on an X570 board. I have all the new xfr and PB options within the bios menus too.

Associate
They said that at the time but the CPUs are a SoC and xfr and precision boost etc are built into the CPU itself and not the chipset.

Updates to the xfr and PB are contained within the agesa updates so if an older board gets a bios update with the new agesa then its gets the updates xfr etc.

I can confirm this using a 3700x on an X370 taichi with latest bios. It boosts and scores exactly the same as if it were running on an X570 board. I have all the new xfr and PB options within the bios menus too.

Exactly the same with my Asus Prime Pro x370. Has been rock solid now since I got my 3700X 2 weeks ago.

Glad I didn't buy a new x570 board.

I returned the 3600mhz ram I brought also and just stuck with my Adata 3000mhz C16. Works fine at XMP and only a few points less than 3200mhz benchmarks.

Associate
I survived Zen 2 release without pulling the trigger and ordering. Now my next "waiting for Navi" point is 3950x, and after that, new Threadrippers. Hope TR can match single core boost of 3900x/3950x

These are not really "new". They just managed to release same bios that most motherboards had after release...

Permabanned
DHL are the absolute worst, they smashed up a pre-built I had delivered years ago, not just once, but twice. I begged the seller not to use them, as they already had this reputation, but they said that they had a 'contract'. Well, that contract ended up costing them over two and a half grand!

Absolute dumpster fire of a company, I wouldn't use them, and unfortunately DPD seem to be trying to emulate their delivery practices! Sure, they deliver fast, but they also seem to drop your parcels like it's 1943 and they're trying to bomb Berlin!
Well I work in Industry. With 'cost cutting' they are doing all the time 0 hour contracts and agency workers drivers not getting paid for delivery if no one was home ect. It all went down the crapper few years ago Many couriers I knew just packed up. There was one chap working for interlink got sacked for stealing deliveries he was back delivering to us on Yodel 2 weeks later.. SAYS IT ALL

ac41839434981aed0f6f1a736d14943c5215338c.jpeg

:]

Permabanned
I survived Zen 2 release without pulling the trigger and ordering. Now my next "waiting for Navi" point is 3950x, and after that, new Threadrippers. Hope TR can match single core boost of 3900x/3950x

These are not really "new". They just managed to release same bios that most motherboards had after release...
how are they not NEW when we been on 1.0.0.2 since Zen2 hit ?? Those are ironed out of bugs even 2501 is not bad at all on C7H only 2 bugs I know of.

Caporegime
Well I work in Industry. With 'cost cutting' they are doing all the time 0 hour contracts and agency workers drivers not getting paid for delivery if no one was home ect. It all went down the crapper few years ago Many couriers I knew just packed up. There was one chap working for interlink got sacked for stealing deliveries he was back delivering to us on Yodel 2 weeks later.. SAYS IT ALL

ac41839434981aed0f6f1a736d14943c5215338c.jpeg

:]
That pic is quite worryingly true. I reckon I get more fun from planning, buying and building my pc than actually gaming on it.

Get more excited at benchmarks than I do games. Tragic stuff!

Permabanned
That pic is quite worryingly true. I reckon I get more fun from planning, buying and building my pc than actually gaming on it.

Get more excited at benchmarks than I do games. Tragic stuff!
Same here man so far since I'w gotten thios 3900x as I said im playing my fav games.
Hci mem test Ram test ycruncher Cinebench Trilogy Aida realbench Geekebnch 3dmark installed new title last night SiSoftware sandra excited to play that after work :D

I did play Division 2 benchmark 6 times :D

Soldato
Same here man so far since I'w gotten thios 3900x as I said im playing my fav games.
Hci mem test Ram test ycruncher Cinebench Trilogy Aida realbench Geekebnch 3dmark installed new title last night SiSoftware sandra excited to play that after work :D

I did play Division 2 benchmark 6 times :D
What score did you get in division 2?
What settings and gpu so I can compare.
This is the new multiplayer, comparing the games benchmarks

Back
Top Bottom