World of Warcraft: Classic

Caporegime
Turns out that trying to quest in this is a bit of a pita :D

gdqKdDd.jpg

Still, got up to level 5, got an extra bag, pretty well kitted out to be honest. I'm gonna get so sucked in to this, I can tell already :(

Caporegime
I've gotta admit the feel is fantastic again. The game feels like it has consequences, if you get carried away you're gonna die. Every kill feels a bit more like an achievement unlike retail where you can just chain pull everything and zap it all in seconds. Having to train skills again is fantastic, not knowing what to do in quests forces you to read again, rather than just accepting everything and following the arrow.

Everything feels like it matters again. It's great.

Soldato
Which specs are best and which cant compete then?

It varies between content tiers.

Rogues and Fury Warriors are very strong through pretty much the entire game, although fury can be a pain to gear early on.
Mages are slightly behind Rogues but still strong for most of the game, although there are situational fights in which being ranged is better.
Hunters are strong early on but start to fall behind after BWL, but are great for utility (kiting, pulling etc).
Warlocks are a crapshoot, if classic is maintaining the old limit on debuffs they're going to struggle, but like hunters offer some nice utility.
Retadins aren't going to be topping any meters but may offer some utility.
Shammies are much the same as Paladins, although there may be more utility offered by Enhancement due to improved Windfury Totem.
Priests I can't think of any situation where shadow is going to be worth gearing over a pure DPS such as a mage, there may be some niche.
Druids are much the same as Priests.

Hold in mind that tier sets in vanilla don't really help the case of hybrids either, for the most part hybrid sets focus on healing or tanking aspects of the class, and set bonuses can make a pretty large difference as you progress. Fury is the exception to the rule when it comes to classic, but again they pretty much skip most set items.

I'd say look into the viability of whatever interests you yourself, there's tons of information out there. As I mentioned, I intend to dive into raids and progress, if you want to have a good time leveling up or playing more casually, or intend to focus on PvP it's not going to matter so much. In fairness pretty much any semi-competent group is going to manage to clear Molten Core, it's the later content where things can start to become a bit more rough.

Associate
Just been on to have a play around. Certainly nostalgic alright but it feels dated at times. I’m hoping gameplay will overcome this and then some.

Soldato
It varies between content tiers.

Rogues and Fury Warriors are very strong through pretty much the entire game, although fury can be a pain to gear early on.
Mages are slightly behind Rogues but still strong for most of the game, although there are situational fights in which being ranged is better.
Hunters are strong early on but start to fall behind after BWL, but are great for utility (kiting, pulling etc).
Warlocks are a crapshoot, if classic is maintaining the old limit on debuffs they're going to struggle, but like hunters offer some nice utility.
Retadins aren't going to be topping any meters but may offer some utility.
Shammies are much the same as Paladins, although there may be more utility offered by Enhancement due to improved Windfury Totem.
Priests I can't think of any situation where shadow is going to be worth gearing over a pure DPS such as a mage, there may be some niche.
Druids are much the same as Priests.

Hold in mind that tier sets in vanilla don't really help the case of hybrids either, for the most part hybrid sets focus on healing or tanking aspects of the class, and set bonuses can make a pretty large difference as you progress. Fury is the exception to the rule when it comes to classic, but again they pretty much skip most set items.

I'd say look into the viability of whatever interests you yourself, there's tons of information out there. As I mentioned, I intend to dive into raids and progress, if you want to have a good time leveling up or playing more casually, or intend to focus on PvP it's not going to matter so much. In fairness pretty much any semi-competent group is going to manage to clear Molten Core, it's the later content where things can start to become a bit more rough.
Yeah I played in Vanilla, Field Marshall + cleared Naxx to 4 Horsemen, was just interested in your take.

Also Warlocks scaled rediculously well and were one if not top tier along with Fury wars, also the raids are very simplistic and will be cleared in no time whatso ever, only time gated stuff like Onyxia Cloak will stop any progress.

Soldato
Yeah I played in Vanilla, Field Marshall + cleared Naxx to 4 Horsemen, was just interested in your take.

Also Warlocks scaled rediculously well and were one if not top tier along with Fury wars, also the raids are very simplistic and will be cleared in no time whatso ever, only time gated stuff like Onyxia Cloak will stop any progress.

Similar experience to your own, although only went to Lieutenant General for the cheap mount.

I remember a number of guilds running the 'play what you want to play' theme that simply never progressed beyond Molten Core, BWL proved too much for almost all of them.

Regardless, my memory on locks isn't fantastic admittedly, I remember affliction having issues until one of the patches removed the debuff limit on bosses.

Permabanned
Count me in for Horde either an Orc Rogue or Undead Shadow Priest for the guild. I was Alliance last time up to AQ20 clear and there is no way i want to repeat the past.

It would suck though if you all roll low population realms i figure after a while the population will VASTLY nosedive and this could leave you stranded there? This is why i would go with the higher population one. You will eventually want a pug run and a good population is needed for that.

Soldato
I suspect that even if some servers have low/weak populations that Blizzard will just merge them, I wouldn't be overly concerned about that happening.

Back
Top Bottom