FIFA 19

Soldato
I dislike all the loan card they keep giving people just before WL. It does make it boring when 50% of every team you play is the same players. Also some of them seem silly good and can score from almost anywhere. Makes things feel much more random and less interesting. Maybe it's just my skill level.

Soldato
I dislike all the loan card they keep giving people just before WL. It does make it boring when 50% of every team you play is the same players. Also some of them seem silly good and can score from almost anywhere. Makes things feel much more random and less interesting. Maybe it's just my skill level.

Yeah just a bit, definitely makes it more competitive. TOTY CR7 was ridiculous with first time shots

Soldato
Yeah just a bit, definitely makes it more competitive. TOTY CR7 was ridiculous with first time shots
But I don't like it being competitive just because someone has a player that can randomly score from anywhere. I have enough competitive matches where people are just as good or better than me. I don't need people hitting 1st time 180º spinning volleys from 25 yards out with a marked player.

Soldato
Can’t you use him too?
Then we have two people that can score randomly. Why not just randomly pick a score and save us having to play the match at all?

Besides I spent quite a lot of time, effort and thought building my team, now I just replace 7 players with 99 rated loan players?

Just seems odd to me that you're not allowed to use players boosts in WL but it's fine to use the loan cards.

They didn't do this for the other WLs, just these last 2.

Don
OP
Then we have two people that can score randomly. Why not just randomly pick a score and save us having to play the match at all?

Besides I spent quite a lot of time, effort and thought building my team, now I just replace 7 players with 99 rated loan players?

Just seems odd to me that you're not allowed to use players boosts in WL but it's fine to use the loan cards.

They didn't do this for the other WLs, just these last 2.

Most of us have played against these players throughout 19 so it’s not really new. If you can’t beat them, join em

Soldato
Most of us have played against these players throughout 19 so it’s not really new. If you can’t beat them, join em
Well they're new to me, at least having 5 or 6 in a team at the same time and in every team you play.
I always found it quite interesting seeing the teams people put together and how they played them, now everyone has almost the same team. I'm used to playing 88-93 rated teams, so now facing 95 rated teams every game is harder and less interesting.

There's no point in arguing, you're fine with it, I don't like it. We're not going to change each others minds and it's fine if we disagree.

Good luck in your WL efforts.

Soldato
I’m not arguing I ain’t played the game in two months haha but these loan players are just what most have faced throughout the year.

P2w and that jazz
"Most" or "the better players"?

Admittedly I've only played WL for 8 weeks, but I've never before had this many PIM and TOTY players in the teams I'm playing.
And when people own the players it's a bit different, they either got lucky or saved up and bought the players, everyone was just given these for no effort on their part. I accept playing good teams when the person has had to do something (even if it's spend loads of money) to earn them.

It's probably too much work for EA, but I'd really like it if they added skill based matchmaking into WL. It'd be nice if I had a 50/50 chance of winning every game (outside of the loan players) rather than those games where I have about a 1% chance to win as the person I'm playing is clearly better than me. A good matchmaking system should have most people winning about 50% of their games rather than going on 14-0 streaks.

I was planning on getting Fifa 20, but all this is making me thinking a bit harder about it. What's the point of me spending another year building a team if they're just going to do this again?

I guess I'm just annoyed that all the effort I put in has been for nothing.

Caporegime
WL is very much skill based, most people finish in the same rank every week regardless of the teams they come up against, they may creep up a rank or two throughout the year if they go from an awful squad to a full meta team.

I only came back to the game at the end of team of the season and I’ve got a 195 rated squad without money and gold 1 as my highest finish... complaining about everyone having god squads at this point in the cycle is rather silly really as it’s inevitable. It’s nothing to do with how good you are either, my cousin plays at a much lower skill rating and comes up against the mega squads still.

Permabanned
"Most" or "the better players"?

Admittedly I've only played WL for 8 weeks, but I've never before had this many PIM and TOTY players in the teams I'm playing.
And when people own the players it's a bit different, they either got lucky or saved up and bought the players, everyone was just given these for no effort on their part. I accept playing good teams when the person has had to do something (even if it's spend loads of money) to earn them.

It's probably too much work for EA, but I'd really like it if they added skill based matchmaking into WL. It'd be nice if I had a 50/50 chance of winning every game (outside of the loan players) rather than those games where I have about a 1% chance to win as the person I'm playing is clearly better than me. A good matchmaking system should have most people winning about 50% of their games rather than going on 14-0 streaks.

I was planning on getting Fifa 20, but all this is making me thinking a bit harder about it. What's the point of me spending another year building a team if they're just going to do this again?

I guess I'm just annoyed that all the effort I put in has been for nothing.

Its end of life, they basically just end up almost giving stuff away now. Its only the last month or two you started seeing more and more super players.

Soldato
WL is very much skill based, most people finish in the same rank every week regardless of the teams they come up against, they may creep up a rank or two throughout the year if they go from an awful squad to a full meta team.

I only came back to the game at the end of team of the season and I’ve got a 195 rated squad without money and gold 1 as my highest finish... complaining about everyone having god squads at this point in the cycle is rather silly really as it’s inevitable. It’s nothing to do with how good you are either, my cousin plays at a much lower skill rating and comes up against the mega squads still.
I'm not complaining about the god squads, not as such. It's the fact they've just been given out and are allowed to play WL that annoys me.

When I say skill based, I mean matchmaking, so everyone you play is about your skill level. Seeing people, such as streamers and youtubers going 20-3 or 17-1 doesn't seem like they're winning around 50% of their games. I guess they'd need to rebalance the win required as if there was good matchmaking nobody should be winning 27+ out of 30 games.

Caporegime
I'm not complaining about the god squads, not as such. It's the fact they've just been given out and are allowed to play WL that annoys me.

When I say skill based, I mean matchmaking, so everyone you play is about your skill level. Seeing people, such as streamers and youtubers going 20-3 or 17-1 doesn't seem like they're winning around 50% of their games. I guess they'd need to rebalance the win required as if there was good matchmaking nobody should be winning 27+ out of 30 games.

They’re given them for 10 matches it’s not exactly that great.

What you’re saying about matchmaking makes no sense at all, the game is already bad enough with the “scripting” people bang on about, I can’t imagine what you would need to have in the code to have most players winning 50% of their games. The people who smash nearly everyone do so because they master the mechanics that are OP every year, if you aren't willing to do that you’re going to lose a lot of WL matches, unless you have an insane reaction time or something to make up for it, it’s just the way it is and the skill gap was a bit of a joke this year anyway.

Soldato
They’re given them for 10 matches it’s not exactly that great.

What you’re saying about matchmaking makes no sense at all, the game is already bad enough with the “scripting” people bang on about, I can’t imagine what you would need to have in the code to have most players winning 50% of their games. The people who smash nearly everyone do so because they master the mechanics that are OP every year, if you aren't willing to do that you’re going to lose a lot of WL matches, unless you have an insane reaction time or something to make up for it, it’s just the way it is and the skill gap was a bit of a joke this year anyway.
10 matches means I can only use them for 10 matches, but as I don't play the same person multiple times, everyone I play can have them.

Most competitive games seem to aim for a roughly 50% win rate, which seems sensible to me. I guess it sort of doesn't work for WL but I'm sure they could figure out a way to make it fun for everyone. As someone that's not good at the game it'd be nice if all my matches were competitive. I'm sure if you good at the game the idea of having competitive games seems like a bad idea as you wouldn't be able to crush the rubbish players. I think, except for people tanking their rating, Rivals is actually better in that regard. Maybe they should link WL to your Rivals skill rating and have rewards based on which tier you're in (like Rivals). Might stop people tanking their rivals rating too.

Soldato
I think one of the things I struggle most with is defending, or perhaps defensive setup.
I find that their defenders are so close to my strikers they might as well be sharing a pair of shorts and they tackle me (from behind) the second the ball is near my feet. My defenders seem to stand off their strikers by a couple of metres giving them time to turn and control the ball. Is there a defensive setting I need to set differently?

Also I fall foul of the slow rolling pass, where the pass is so weak that it barely gets where it's going if it's travelling any distance. This makes it really easy for the to just run in and steal it. My player seems rooted to the spot until the ball gets to him, is there any way I can make them run towards the ball?

Soldato
I think one of the things I struggle most with is defending, or perhaps defensive setup.
I find that their defenders are so close to my strikers they might as well be sharing a pair of shorts and they tackle me (from behind) the second the ball is near my feet. My defenders seem to stand off their strikers by a couple of metres giving them time to turn and control the ball. Is there a defensive setting I need to set differently?

Also I fall foul of the slow rolling pass, where the pass is so weak that it barely gets where it's going if it's travelling any distance. This makes it really easy for the to just run in and steal it. My player seems rooted to the spot until the ball gets to him, is there any way I can make them run towards the ball?

Try pressure on heavy touch, or press after possession loss. Your players tend to stick a bit tighter to the opposition with this

I get the same with passing sometimes, only way is to RB+pass to power the pass but then that doesn’t always work

Soldato
Ridiculous. A worse player doesn’t deserve an equal opportunity to win the same amount of games as a good player. That’s rewarding someone for being less skilled. You’re playing a competitive game mode, if you’re **** then you’ll get smashed. That’s the same in literally any competitive form of e-sport/real sport.

You close the skill gap by improving your own skills, not by matchmaking being gimped.
So explain the football league system? Why aren't Oldham Athletic playing Premiership teams?

Take Overwatch, has an SR system so you get matched with people around your rank.
CS:GO has a rating system so you get matched with people around your rank.
League of Legends, has a ranking system so you get matched with people around your rank.
Dota 2, has an SR system so you get matched with people around your rank.

Even Fifa 19 Rivals mode matches you with people in the same division doesn't it?

Those are some pretty big e-sports games that all have skill based matchmaking so you play people around your skill level. That way people of all skill levels can play the game and enjoy it because they get to win a reasonable amount of the time.
It's almost like computer games are about having fun and the more people that can have fun the better. As opposed to having some people that get **** on so other people can feel good about themselves. It's also a good way to keep a playerbase if people feel they have a chance to win.

Back
Top Bottom