Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2019, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 13/21

Rate the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
F1 quali repeat on instead of the F3 race too. Jeez to have a car sliced in half, that's not happened for years...
Not sure about support races (though I can't recall any) but I think the last time that happened in F1 was Kubica's crash at Montreal in 2007. Like Correa, his feet were exposed too, and while he did miss the following race, he had relatively minor injuries. Hoping for the same here. Though Correa might have some nasty injuries, it's Hubert I'm more worried about in this case.

Man of Honour
Not sure about support races (though I can't recall any) but I think the last time that happened in F1 was Kubica's crash at Montreal in 2007. Like Correa, his feet were exposed too, and while he did miss the following race, he had relatively minor injuries. Hoping for the same here. Though Correa might have some nasty injuries, it's Hubert I'm more worried about in this case.

Somehow other than that the monocoque stayed intact. Huge forces still involved though. The halo certainly couldn’t have harmed there.

Man of Honour
Oh my goodness, that’s so sad :(

What an absolute tragedy to the race weekend.

We won’t see a corner like that for much longer on these tracks.

The G forces involved there looked too great, absolutely no run off, nearly full speed.

Soldato
:(

RIP.

I've not seen a complete buildup to how this tradegy started, but all this downforce means that formula cars are taking Eau Rouge quicker than they used to at pretty much full throttle in the case of F1 cars at least in qualifying. That's great when all cars pass through without any damage, but it means catastrophic collisions when things go wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Horrible day, I was watching the race, good start, then bottom of the screen you see things start to go bad, then it turns to just a scene of Hubert's car pretty much exploding into pieces.

Correa, poor guy, stable condition which is some good news but he was just involved in a horrendous crash and really not his fault that Hubert's car got bounced right into his path.

It looked horrendous to start with then I saw the other angle where it showed he got t-boned. I was still hoping but that impact I couldn't see it being survivable. Worst crash I've seen by a huge margin.

Soldato
I'm looking at the video and I see only two cars involved.

RIP

I see the pink car losing it and then getting speared by the white car. What was the involvement of the third?

That corner has been a crash magnet for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom