• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Seriously I tire of the AMD fanboyism on here, it's like AMD can do no wrong, there are no bios issues, no heat issues, no voltage issues, no boosting issues, no memory issues, AMD is perfect, absolutely ******* perfect, yet even in this very thread only a page back we have AMD owners having issues and questioning whether to stick with AMD in the future, how can people deny that there hasn't been issues with with this Ryzen launch is beyond me, read through the comments of Jays YouTube video, there are plenty of AMD owners saying that they have had issues with their build, I'm not trying to poo poo AMD, they have a good chip, but as a launch overall it has not been plain sailing.
Sorry but I haven’t temps are higher than the 4670k it replaced but perfectly acceptable.

The best thing would be to buy one yourself and see how you get on.

Soldato
Have you considered might be the board? Have you used the latest bios?

X470-I on 2501 BIOS. I tried 2606 and it gave me more issues so I had to roll back. I see that the latest is now 2703 so I might try that, but I'm dreading the hours I'll have to put in if it performs the same as the last updates.

I enjoy tinkering, but right now I need it to just work. Having to clear CMOS on the system just because it hasn't been switched on for a while or after doing something so basic as plugging in an SSD just isn't acceptable to me.

I'm way past caring about the boost clock stuff, it's basic functionality that I'm after now. :(

Soldato
X470-I on 2501 BIOS. I tried 2606 and it gave me more issues so I had to roll back. I see that the latest is now 2703 so I might try that, but I'm dreading the hours I'll have to put in if it performs the same as the last updates.

I enjoy tinkering, but right now I need it to just work. Having to clear CMOS on the system just because it hasn't been switched on for a while or after doing something so basic as plugging in an SSD just isn't acceptable to me.

I'm way past caring about the boost clock stuff, it's basic functionality that I'm after now. :(

You on the latest ABBA bios? I have big improvement in terms of stability and lower voltage at idle and better boost clocks.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-I-GAMING-ASUS-2801.zip

Permabanned
You can tire all you want, Jay will always be an inept idiot.

So, 90% of all the global IT managers who think and act like him, are "idiots" too?

Whilst i'm not defending AMD's rocky (understatement) release, it's been far from perfect. I'm not sure how you can take Jay's opinion seriously, he's an idiot.

Let's not be unnecessarily cold and rude towards people's opinions.

The market share speaks for itself. AMD has very long way to go to catch up with intel.

Associate
Thanks, is that a BETA BIOS?

Currently using Beta ABBA on my Asus Prime and it is totally fine. Just do not forget to set optimized Default. You might not also use previous profiles in the BIOs. It used to, when updating BIOS, the profiles are erased automatically. Now, they remain and they might work with the new BIOS or they might not. It is safer to go make newer profiles.

G J

G J

Associate
The denial of some of you have been great, shills calling others shills, trolls trolling other trolls and fanboys calling others fanboys. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently using Beta ABBA on my Asus Prime and it is totally fine. Just do not forget to set optimized Default. You might not also use previous profiles in the BIOs. It used to, when updating BIOS, the profiles are erased automatically. Now, they remain and they might work with the new BIOS or they might not. It is safer to go make newer profiles.

Would BETA BIOS invalidate warranty?

Soldato
well for better or worse i should have a 3700x in my possession tomorrow and for the princely sum of ~290 for 8c/16t i can't really argue with that. swore i was waiting till the bios guff was sorted but, meh!

Caporegime
See this kind of thing scares me off upgrading to the 3950x, stability is super important to me

Its not LLC that's reducing the volts under load Jay you ####### idiot.

Its how the Ryzen 3000 boost algorithm works. This is why 1.5v when idle or low loads is perfectly safe, if the CPU is not stressed those volts are not going to hurt it, which is why when it is stressed the volts reduce all the way down to 1.2v. The CPU will automatically run Low Volts low Mhz under High Load and High Volts High MHZ under low load,

How is it that ordinary consumers understand this but experienced tech reviewers with 2.1m subscribers don't?

If your Motherboard has issues booting on one BIOS but not another look to your motherboard vendor not AMD, AMD do not make the Motherboards BIOS and 1.5v in an idle BIOS state is not what's causing it, mine does that and NEVER fails to boot.

Soldato
Regardless of what you think of him he makes a valid point in regards to stability between the two platforms.

Yet you ignore the fact that he is using the review MEG was given for free, which is inherently faulty board

Seriously I tire of the AMD fanboyism on here, it's like AMD can do no wrong, there are no bios issues, no heat issues, no voltage issues, no boosting issues, no memory issues, AMD is perfect, absolutely ******* perfect, yet even in this very thread only a page back we have AMD owners having issues and questioning whether to stick with AMD in the future, how can people deny that there hasn't been issues with this Ryzen launch is beyond me, read through the comments of Jays YouTube video, there are plenty of AMD owners saying that they have had issues with their build, I'm not trying to poo poo AMD, they have a good chip, but as a launch overall it has not been plain sailing.

And you write posts like these, Intel shill

Back
Top Bottom