The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Associate
Tinder is horrendous to be fair. I got into online dating too soon but to be honest the two females I've been talking to I've been pretty honest with them that I have jumped in too soon and they've been pretty understanding about it and continued to just keep it at chat distance which for me has worked well. Bit of a downer that 4-5 weeks worth of chatting could potentially be wasted now.

I think it is because I use m generic password I generally use for websites that I dont really care about. Should have really used something a bit more unique but didn't really expect someone to go to the extremes of this - pretty weird really someone would do that. I've also learnt for the amount of money you pay eharmony, there is no direct contact to them even when you have issues of account hacking you just have to send an email and wait 24 hours.

Man of Honour
eHarmony is expensive but the quality of the women on there I met was far superior to any other site such as Tinder, PoF, Happen (or whatever it's called). I don't mean looks wise, I just mean the amount of decent conversations you can end up having compared to 3/4 messages and getting ghosted. I guess it's due to the fact that those women actually want something serious whereas Tinder is well know just to be a hookup site.

Permabanned
If people are serious about dating of course most would be willing to pay if it's going to be a good result. I used to go on most dating sites back from 2002 to 2010 but then stopped going on them as they where nothing but trouble. I don't go on any now and I have no intentions on going on them what so ever.

Associate
I've been having conversations with someone who has a PhD and works in biomedical industry so the conversations have been very interesting and have really flowed. It did worry me in that she's a lot smarter than I am but we have quite a lot of other things in common.

I've managed to find a hole into a live chat by going through their help centre and clicking links to forgot password. They dont make it easy to get through to people but the live chat assistant has escalated it and said I will receive an email followup within 15 minutes

Behold the new me :D it is slightly kinda funny with the picture lol

https://imgshare.io/image/WHtsH

Last edited:
Associate
A petroleum engineer ha ha ha !

Bumped my education to a masters and made me a devoted Christian too :D

Well that's that then - my account has been closed.

We’re writing you today to let you know that we have closed your account as you have brought to our attention that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Your safety is very important to us and anytime we detect suspicious account behavior, we take the necessary actions to protect our valued members.

To continue your time on eharmony, we request that you create a new account. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the ability to transfer your account. We realize that this is an inconvenience, and our team is working on a solution to eliminate the need for a new account in the future. It is very important that we protect you and close the compromised account immediately.

If you choose to create a new eharmony account, we will be happy to apply the remaining time on your current subscription. Due to the inconvenience, we will also add 3 free months to your new account as a courtesy.

To accept this offer, please complete the following:

1. Visit eharmony’s website and establish a new account using an alternate email address.
2. After you successfully complete the Relationship Questionnaire, please reply directly to this email with the new email address and we will promptly apply your time.

We understand you may have additional questions regarding how this issue occurred. For more information, please see our FAQs regarding this topic here. https://help-singles.eharmony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5635

We appreciate your understanding as we look to create a safe and secure environment for all our members.

Sincerely,

eharmony Trust & Safety

Associate
Sure it isn't a woman scorned? Ex? FWB? etc. Seems strange that they would change your account which actively goes out of its way not to attract anyone.

Nobody would know that password who is personal to me. The only person who would know is someone who has taken it off another site I use.

Very strange, and sad really considering I've now lost the person I was speaking to through some sad little div

Associate
Surely after a few messages exchanged you asked for her number?

No because I wasn't really ready to commit to something serious - I thought when I signed up it's what I needed but in time I realised I need to focus on myself. I didnt pursue any other contacts really and only stayed in touch with her because these convos had already started and we have some good talks. As much as I would have liked to have met her I don't think I was mentally prepared to get into the whole dating and how it would have kicked off and wouldn't have been fair on her for me to use her to take my mind of someone else. Might sound weird but I think if we'd have met it would have gone further, and I was building myself up to that and was actually going to ask her in a week or two to meet up but obviously too late now

Associate
@Jonnybmac are you not able to find her by her username? I've never used e harmony so not sure how it works

You can't search anyone. They drip feed you matches daily based on the survey you took. Who even knows if we will match again as my answers might not be the same. I have her name, age and location but don't think facebook has a feature to find someone like that and seems a bit stalkerish

Soldato
You can't search anyone. They drip feed you matches daily based on the survey you took. Who even knows if we will match again as my answers might not be the same. I have her name, age and location but don't think facebook has a feature to find someone like that and seems a bit stalkerish
Ah ok that sucks. You could try finding her on Facebook if you know what she looks like, as the results sometimes show where someone is from. It wouldn't seem stalker ish if you've been talking a while. At least then she will know you didn't intentially ignore her and close your account down.

Associate

Do you know where who she works for etc? Can search on linked in. Far less stalkerish than Facebook.

Associate
I know she works in biomedical, has a PhD, is in a senior tech role offering quality support and uses a process to make pure protein that target specific cells. I know her age, location that might be rough area or specific, and first name lol. I'll see how well I fair doing some investigation work as this seems like a challenge now

Soldato
I know she works in biomedical, has a PhD, is in a senior tech role offering quality support and uses a process to make pure protein that target specific cells. I know her age, location that might be rough area or specific, and first name lol. I'll see how well I fair doing some investigation work as this seems like a challenge now

Is there nothing eharmony can do to help you out?

Associate
Is there nothing eharmony can do to help you out?

Their response

To continue your time on eharmony, we request that you create a new account. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the ability to transfer your account. We realize that this is an inconvenience, and our team is working on a solution to eliminate the need for a new account in the future. It is very important that we protect you and close the compromised account immediately.

If you choose to create a new eharmony account, we will be happy to apply the remaining time on your current subscription. Due to the inconvenience, we will also add 3 free months to your new account as a courtesy.

I've replied back basically asking them to link me back up with xxxx, age xx, at location xxx with x amount of photos. If they are unable to do a simple thing like this then I request a full refund of my subscription since their service and site is **** poor. Will see what response I get. Feel a bit bad on the other person too who will now be left feeling like I've just completely ghosted her for no reason

Back
Top Bottom