Spec me a CCTV System

Associate
What 2.8mm cameras do you have though? Its the field of view you need to look at, the 4mm in colorvu has a 94 degree fov but my old 2.8mm 2332 turrets had a 80 degree fov at 2mp

I have these (DS-2CD2363G0-I) all around which states 2.8 mm, horizontal FOV: 97°, vertical FOV: 63°, diagonal FOV: 120°

The new ones being mentioned are:

2.8 mm, horizontal FOV: 109°, vertical FOV: 55°, diagonal FOV: 138°
4 mm, horizontal FOV: 94°, vertical FOV: 48°, diagonal FOV: 115°
6 mm, horizontal FOV: 57°, vertical FOV: 31°, diagonal FOV: 67°

The colour one could make it easier to see the cars and any shift characters that walk past checking if the cars doors are locked. At the moment in the night number plates can be reflective and the face obscured due to the street lights.

Soldato
I have been looking at the home automation and security I want to get when I move into my first house, I had been initially planning on just using the Nest system. The cameras are expensive but its a pretty nice solution.

Would anyone be able to recommend a relatively decent setup with 2/3 cameras for £300-400 (what 2/3 nest cameras would cost roughly) just to give me another option to think about.

Associate
£300-£400 won’t cut it in my opinion. Say £100-£150 per cam with £50 Poe switch. A few hundred for NVR+HD and that’s a hell of a better setup than the Nest.

Found out the last same year before going on Hik. Once I looked past all the marketing hype on Nest and co a traditional camera set-up worked best and been running well since.

Only checking this thread and seeing the ColorVu stuff has perked my interest on replacing one of my cameras with a simple swap out.

Associate
Have ordered a third one of these colorvu cameras. Also learnt they are not compatible with my existing Hik wall mounts so have had to replace those also.

Man of Honour
Last week I bought a Blink XT2 camera and I'm that impressed I bought an addon camera this morning

blinkxt2.jpg

Man of Honour
This is the low quality video on the Blink XT2, I'm made up with it and let's face it, out of the 1000s of 'Can You Identify This Person' CCTV footage that comes up on Facebook or Newspaper sites that quality is way better than what you usually see - www.dmpoole.co.uk/mp3/blink1.mp4

I also like how all the video goes straight to the cloud where my mate has paid a lot of money and all his go on an SD card.

Soldato
Blink cameras are fantastic. But they're no good for live viewing which is what we wanted, the worst thing being the 10-15 seconds it takes to load the stream. Replaced them with Unifi cameras, can now ask Alexa to view a camera and it pops right up,which has massive WAF.

Permabanned
Ubiquiti prices are ridiculous (read the comments in the Big River place that sells them) though they are good you can buy profession gear for that or even less put me in mind of Apple where they are using the brand to jack prices.

Associate
Ubiquiti prices are ridiculous (read the comments in the Big River place that sells them) though they are good you can buy profession gear for that or even less put me in mind of Apple where they are using the brand to jack prices.
watched a video the other day by bitwit on youtube he had uniquiti send him out like 5 cameras a switch and the cloud key2 and when he said it was a $2k system I couldn believe it, my ezviz cameras are more than good enough for my needs.

Back
Top Bottom