***The Official Home Recording Studio Thread***

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
Damn, I’m having a hard time choosing between the T7V’s and the Kali’s.

Problem is, I do so much with one set of speakers. They will literally be used for gaming, listening to music (Spotify), playing guitar, producing trance music. I need something that will do all those tasks admirably.

Frankly, the review seems to suggest literally nothing between the two.

Soldato
I had a 4 track Yamaha MT120 when I was getting started
I've still got mine. Was planning to use it as a mixer for a few mono sources; haven't dug it out yet though. Might be asking a bit much of it after all these years. I remember spending ages justifying buying it, then ages regretting it after it had to be returned for 'repair' because there was a problem with them and Cr02 tapes.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. :)

Man of Honour
I've still got mine. Was planning to use it as a mixer for a few mono sources; haven't dug it out yet though. Might be asking a bit much of it after all these years. I remember spending ages justifying buying it, then ages regretting it after it had to be returned for 'repair' because there was a problem with them and Cr02 tapes.

Anyway, enough nostalgia. :)

I bought the first Tascam Portastudio 144 in Stoke on Trent on September 26 1980, I remember it well because it was the day before I got married.
My wife had to go without a washing machine for a month but it earned me a lot of money recording bands in their own practice rooms etc.

Caporegime
Been getting back into guitar recently and bought myself one of the new squier classic vibe 50’s. Lovely guitar. Needed a decent amp though, so just pulled the trigger on the Boss Katana MK2. Seems to get rave reviews.

Man of Honour
Been getting back into guitar recently and bought myself one of the new squier classic vibe 50’s. Lovely guitar. Needed a decent amp though, so just pulled the trigger on the Boss Katana MK2. Seems to get rave reviews.

Last year I was looking at the Squier Classic Vibe and then found a bloke 30 miles down the road selling a proper Fender for £300.
It's now my main on stage guitar with a Roland GK3 pickup attached to it.
Mrs Poole bought me a 78 American Fender Strat in 1979 for our engagement and bought me the Telecaster last year for my 60th - I think she's a keeper.

FenderTelecaster.jpg

Associate
I'm thinking about adding a digital piano to the room, leaning towards the Yamaha P-121. Does anyone else have any thoughts on a semi-decent piano that won't break the bank? :)

Soldato
Heads up, Genesis Pro an absolute powerhouse VST synth comes out on the 12th March

Subtractive, FM, Phase Distortion, MultiWave and Rom Synthesis
Equipped with 3 powerful oscillators that can be used independently or simultaneously.
8 filter types
Intelligent automatic chord mode
14 high quality built in FX
Over 100 Modulation destinations

The price: €1.00

https://www.oz-soft.com/

Caporegime
Heads up, Genesis Pro an absolute powerhouse VST synth comes out on the 12th March

Subtractive, FM, Phase Distortion, MultiWave and Rom Synthesis
Equipped with 3 powerful oscillators that can be used independently or simultaneously.
8 filter types
Intelligent automatic chord mode
14 high quality built in FX
Over 100 Modulation destinations

The price: €1.00

https://www.oz-soft.com/
Good lord!

less than a quid for something like this is totally ridiculous. Easyrider will have a panic attack when he sees this. He loves a musical bargain :D

It genuinely looks better than Nexus and that costs £250. I feel he it should be donateware with a minimum of a pound tbh. If it is as good as it looks, I would easily chuck the fella £30 or so for it.

More money might give him more of an impetus to keep developing it and maybe producing soundpacks for it.

Maybe the sound sets could be his long term plan? Give the engine away for free but charge for future packs. As good as messing about with synths is, we’re all suckers for a great ready to go soundsets in our genre of choice. I find they often give inspiration much quicker than DIY sounds.

Nexus makes bundles with is numerous available packs.

Soldato
Yeah I was looking at Nexus3 but this will quench my thirst for quite some time.

I have no idea what the quality will be like compared to something like Diva but there has to be something usable in there for a euro!

The phase distortion stuff interests me a lot as this is what the old Casio synths used to do and I love some of the unique sounds they could produce.

Well nobody is likely to pirate it, and everyone is going to buy it. So he will make money for sure. If I was him I would have a pay what you want option and put a % into future development and maybe a % into charity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom