Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
This game has got me back in to gaming :)
I got so bored of pubg run run run die.

I'm actually averaging 0.89 so feel thats not bad for a 40 year old where I know my reactions have got worse over the last few years.

Associate
So I played the Beta on my gaming laptop and thought it ran great, just recently put together a big rig (for me anyway) and with a 2700x & 5700xt, with all maxed out settings (that I can see) and at 2560 x 1080 144hz, it looks amazing, getting between 110 - 160 fps depending on complexity and it feels so smooth.

Runs so much better than Battlefield, wasn't expecting it to run as well as it does. It's a really enjoyable game for just dipping into and getting a quick game in.

Not tried the single player yet - is it good and worth getting into? got RDR2 to be playing soon for single player though...

Seems to be fun for multiplayer anyways, always enjoyed the run and gunning of COD...

Associate
So I played the Beta on my gaming laptop and thought it ran great, just recently put together a big rig (for me anyway) and with a 2700x & 5700xt, with all maxed out settings (that I can see) and at 2560 x 1080 144hz, it looks amazing, getting between 110 - 160 fps depending on complexity and it feels so smooth.

Runs so much better than Battlefield, wasn't expecting it to run as well as it does. It's a really enjoyable game for just dipping into and getting a quick game in.

Not tried the single player yet - is it good and worth getting into? got RDR2 to be playing soon for single player though...

Seems to be fun for multiplayer anyways, always enjoyed the run and gunning of COD...

Another thing, or question - does the single player progress count towards unlocks in the multiplayer? be good to grind a little SP to get some unlocks, though I don't seem to do to bad in MP.

That's the odd thing too, I seem to do well with COD compared to BF or the likes... in the old days I used to be pretty good with quake arena, quake II, being in clans and all that fun stuff and did quite well, but been playing battlefield these last 10 years odd and never seem to rank very well, COD on the other hand and I always seem to be back towards the top or near it at end of games if I put my mind to it - no matter how hard I try at battlefield I never do well. Maybe I just have the run and gun mentality...

Soldato
has anyone had any joy chatting with friends in a party on a different platform? I've mates on Xbox that I've added as friends in game, when we are in party he can hear me, but I can't hear him but I can see his voice icon light up when he chats.

Soldato
Anyone else finding some of the noises in this game are way louder than they need to be! The airstrike from the A10 being one.

And the foot steps are way to loud. I feel like I can hear players from the next server!

Associate
has anyone had any joy chatting with friends in a party on a different platform? I've mates on Xbox that I've added as friends in game, when we are in party he can hear me, but I can't hear him but I can see his voice icon light up when he chats.

Yes, I party up with my son and his friend(Xbox) and his friends dad(PS4), with me being on PC

I believe you need to go into your sound control panel and make sure your headset is set as the default device, otherwise the voice audio might be trying to direct itself to your speakers.

I had this issue during the beta, when my son on his xbox could hear me fine, but I could only hear his voice through my speakers, not my headset, and it was driving me nuts! Then I stumbled upon a reddit post, and solved my issues doing the above.

Soldato
Yes, I party up with my son and his friend(Xbox) and his friends dad(PS4), with me being on PC

I believe you need to go into your sound control panel and make sure your headset is set as the default device, otherwise the voice audio might be trying to direct itself to your speakers.

I had this issue during the beta, when my son on his xbox could hear me fine, but I could only hear his voice through my speakers, not my headset, and it was driving me nuts! Then I stumbled upon a reddit post, and solved my issues doing the above.

Thanks. I'll have a look tomorrow, maybe something has defaulted to something else, it usually happens after I do a GPU driver update which I've done the last few days.

Also out of interest, what's your NAT set to? I can't get mine to open, shows moderate no matter what ports I forward on my router.

Associate
Thanks. I'll have a look tomorrow, maybe something has defaulted to something else, it usually happens after I do a GPU driver update which I've done the last few days.

Also out of interest, what's your NAT set to? I can't get mine to open, shows moderate no matter what ports I forward on my router.

Most likely the cause, when i do a driver update and i forget to disable installing the audio from Nvidia drivers, it defaults to my monitor.

My NAT is moderate, I actually meant to open my ports but forgot about it. I'll have a play tomorrow and see whats what.

Back
Top Bottom