Ballistix Sport LT Overclocking

Associate
Modest settings for stable 3600mhz to try, I too had issues with Trfc, PC would **** itsself everytime I tried dropping that I got fed up doing cmos clears. Any room for improvements, dram calculators setting Twrrd being at 1 was causing me lots of errors set to auto its fine, I imagine that dimm voltage can be lowered. Gonna try Andries 3733 profile but this one will be my 24/7. The Ram is a bargain :

Vdimm 1.4, soc 1.1, VDDP 0.9, VDDG 1.0

ram.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
@MegaPinches these are the slightly updated ones which I think should work with most E-die kits & CPUs, should get you ~66ns in AIDA64 on a 2x SR kit:
tCL 16, tRCD(RD) 20, tRCD(WR) 20, tRP 16, tRAS 38, tRC 58
tRRDS 4, tRRDL, 6, tFAW 16, tWTRS 4, tWTRL 12, tWR 16, tRDRD SCL 4, tWRWR SCL 4, tRFC 580
tCWL 16, tRTP 12, tRDWR 9, tWRRD 2, tWRWR SC 1, tWRWR SD 7, tWRWR DD 7, tRDRD SC 1, tRDRD SD 5, tRDRD DD 5, tCKE 1 (or leave tCKE auto)
{tPage Auto, tRFC2 Auto, tRFC4 Auto}
ProcODT 40 Ohm, CMD2T 1T, GearDownMode Enabled, PowerDownMode Disabled
RTT, CAD Bus settings all on Auto
Voltages: 1.45v vDIMM (VTT should be half vDIMM, but on auto it's set to half anyway), 1.1v vSOC, 1.05v cLDO_VDDG, 1v cLDO_VDDP

If stuttering, up vSoC to 1.125v and VDDG to 1.075v (that fixed it for me). Loosened some tertiaries just to be on the safe side and from what I noticed lowering a few timings too much can actually have a negative impact on latency.

Last edited:
Associate
@MegaPinches these are the slightly updated ones which I think should work with most E-die kits & CPUs, should get you ~66ns in AIDA64 on a 2x SR kit:
tRRDS 4, tRRDL, 6, tFAW 16, tWTRS 4, tWTRL 12, tWR 16, tRDRD SCL 4, tWRWR SCL 4, tRFC 580
tCWL 16, tRTP 12, tRDWR 9, tWRRD 2, tWRWR SC 1, tWRWR SD 7, tWRWR DD 7, tRDRD SC 1, tRDRD SD 5, tRDRD DD 5, tCKE 1 (or leave tCKE auto)
Voltages: 1.45v vDIMM (VTT should be half vDIMM, but on auto it's set to half anyway), 1.1v vSOC, 1.05v cLDO_VDDG, 1v cLDO_VDDP

If stuttering, up vSoC to 1.125v and VDDG to 1.075v (that fixed it for me).

Ta, thanks

Soldato

If stuttering, up vSoC to 1.125v and VDDG to 1.075v (that fixed it for me). Loosened some tertiaries just to be on the safe side and from what I noticed lowering a few timings too much can actually have a negative impact on latency.

Thanks for these, I ran them overnight for 12 hours and this is the result, chuffed to bit, thank you very much! ....1.05v cLDO_VDDG, 1v cLDO_VDDP are far too confusing to adjust on the X570 Aorus Elite bios, so I left them alone.

Associate
If you're getting good performance without touching VDDG and VDDP then you're grand, I mention those voltages in case 3600/3733 doesn't work for someone, usually upping them might help. On X570 they might be in an AMD Overclocking submenu, you will find them in Fabric & DRAM Voltages.
I'm happy the settings are working for you, took me a lot of trial and error to get to a good mix of timings.

Soldato

I'll give these a whirl tomorrow and see how I get on.

Edit: actually im dual rank sticks.

Man of Honour
@Space Monkey obvs not as tight as b-die.
But at half the price of b-die, it certainly isn't half the performance.
Well worth it
Thanks mate :)

Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, these aren't half the price of B-Die, though they are certainly cheaper :cool:

Has anyone used these on Threadripper (1st Gen)? I know TR likes B-Die but not so with Hynix, so wondering if it's worth a shot with these?

Soldato
If you're getting good performance without touching VDDG and VDDP then you're grand, I mention those voltages in case 3600/3733 doesn't work for someone, usually upping them might help. On X570 they might be in an AMD Overclocking submenu, you will find them in Fabric & DRAM Voltages.
I'm happy the settings are working for you, took me a lot of trial and error to get to a good mix of timings.

Thank you once again, I appreciate the hard work you've put into these settings, thanks for sharing them with us :cool:

Man of Honour
Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, these aren't half the price of B-Die, though they are certainly cheaper :cool:
True. Now that b-die is gouged less :p
And more and more people are finding about how good value these e-dies are...

Fwiw I got 32gb for £146. Able to clock to 3800c16

Has anyone used these on Threadripper (1st Gen)? I know TR likes B-Die but not so with Hynix, so wondering if it's worth a shot with these?
Not personally used e-die on 1st gen ryzen/TR, but from anecdotal evidence I've seen throughout the net/Reddit, e-dies places less stress on the IMC (even more so than b-die), so it plays fairly nice with ryzen/+

Man of Honour
True. Now that b-die is gouged less :p
And more and more people are finding about how good value these e-dies are...

Not personally used e-die on 1st gen ryzen/TR, but from anecdotal evidence I've seen throughout the net/Reddit, e-dies places less stress on the IMC (even more so than b-die), so it plays fairly nice with ryzen/+
Sounds good, thanks for the info, think I'll take a serious look into these.

Is it just the AES somewhere in the part number I need to look for or should I be looking for something in particular?

Soldato
Oh, I just found an instability in my memtests. To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it at 3600 until the BIOS and AGESAS mature more then go for it again.

Associate
I'll give these a whirl tomorrow and see how I get on.

Edit: actually im dual rank sticks.

On dual rank sticks I think the only timing you might need to change is tWRRD from 2 to 4. I have 4x SR DIMMs running at 3733Mhz C16 just fine.

Oh, I just found an instability in my memtests. To be honest, I'm tempted to leave it at 3600 until the BIOS and AGESAS mature more then go for it again.
Con you post a Ryzen Master screenshot with your voltages and timings?
If it's the timings and voltages I got to, you can try raising tFAW to 20 and tWRRD to 4.

Soldato
Any recent experiences with 2x16GB?
Price is certainly very tempting for picking kit for Ryzen build in week or two.
Though I guess newer BIOSes shouldn't do any worse than those at starting time of this thread.

I have 4x SR DIMMs running at 3733Mhz C16 just fine.
As T-topology board X370-Pro should play very well with four DIMMs.

Back
Top Bottom