Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Gone for DX12 - Ultra everything - FAA - 16x - Games running at constant 43-50 FPS feels smooth enough for me and looks stunning - 1080ti @ 1440.

There is random Glitch with Trees tho that wobble all over the place and ribrate! maybe a bug that will get fixed in a later update , Also had few crashes to desktop that sucks!

Last edited:
Soldato
0-0.jpg

720p 8xmsaa or something?

Caporegime
According to the in-game benchmark, at 4k 'Ultra' with a few more settings turned up even higher, this runs at an average of 43 FPS on my 2080ti

Once the UK LG C9 OLEDs get the G-sync firmware update, it should play very nicely.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I just used the balanced slider, moved it all the way to the right where it said favours quality, then slid it back three notches to the left.

Might have a play around with the settings tomorrow but just wanted to get stuck in and get the first chapter out of the way.

Looks stunning at 4K with HDR enabled and perfectly playable.

Soldato
Water physics from max to one notch to the left is a huge difference for little to no visual gain. I've everything ultra and it's silky smooth. Got to love G Sync :D

Loving it so far, so glad I held off playing it on the Xbox One X unlike the wife who doesn't want to play through it all again lol

Soldato
Wondering if anyone can use AMD's Radeon Overlay in the game ? Just want to be able to see the fps, but when trying to activate it it all get muddled. I am on drivers 19.20 though, since it all working and was hopping not to jinx it if upgrading. Or is Afterburner ok to use ? Think I read somewhere in the forum it can impact performance ?

Edit: Or would Fraps be better to use ?

Wow I literally downloaded it quicker than it decrypts!

Can I easilly move the install from one drive to another without re download?

You might already done it but if not, if you go into the Launcher Settings and then click on RDR2, you have an option to ** Move game files - Relocate this game's files to a new location on your PC. **

Last edited:
Soldato
I was having issues starting it (crashing on launch). I fixed it by setting admin rights to the rockstar launcher as well as the game. I did also do a bios update which strangely did let me get a bit further before it crashed, but it starts now so worth a try.

Caporegime
Gone for DX12 - Ultra everything - FAA - 16x - Games running at constant 43-50 FPS feels smooth enough for me and looks stunning - 1080ti @ 1440.

There is random Glitch with Trees tho that wobble all over the place and ribrate! maybe a bug that will get fixed in a later update , Also had few crashes to desktop that sucks!
What cpu are you using with your 1080ti?

I’ve got an i7 4790(non k) & 32Gb RAM and it’s running like a dog, can’t even break 30fps @1440p with the main settings at medium and the majority of advanced settings either off or low, doing my head in!

I’ve suspected for a while my cpu is holding me back that said, I have no problems getting decent FPS rates with my other games (including GTA V) maxed out....

Soldato
Decrypted ans went straight in yesterday when I got home with no issues.
Only had enough time to look at the settings and move a few paces on a horse before I had to leave it and go to the pub.
Need to play with some options.
4790k + 1070 and G-Sync. Went for 1920x1080 but might jump up to 1440 tonight.

Soldato
Ya alright thar gurls...bloody thread made me fire up the PS4 Pro last night to have a play.

Thanks to R* clusterduck controls I managed to start a shootout in Valentine moments after loading in by shooting the sheriff in the face instead of giving him a wave. All normal then.

Associate
I’ve only started up the game as I didn’t have time to start playing it. Running at 1080 on a 4K screen resulted in it only taking up a quarter of the screen. Alt-enter didn’t help and changing the graphics settings to full screen also didn’t help. I had to change monitor to 1080 before it would fill the screen. Also noticed that the cursor sometimes isn’t able to select menu options. I’ve only loaded up the start of the story so haven’t played it yet.

Sounds like a scaling issue - check your NVCP settings

Soldato
Curiously keeping an eye on this. Have Rockstar not even addressed the fact this has been launched with so many issues? If so then that's a massive shambles for a launch as big as this...

Caporegime
According to Hardware unboxed, the graphics quality slider is dynamic based in the GPU you have installed.

So somebody with a 2080ti using the slider all the way to the right will have different settings to somebody using a 1080ti all the way to the right.

That's going to make accurate benchmarking a pig.

Soldato
According to Hardware unboxed, the graphics quality slider is dynamic based in the GPU you have installed.

So somebody with a 2080ti using the slider all the way to the right will have different settings to somebody using a 1080ti all the way to the right.

That's going to make accurate benchmarking a pig.

That's pretty terrible.

Does it have custom settings that you can set all max to the same on either card though?

Soldato
Plays really well on my i7 6600k with 2080ti. Don't really obsess over frame rates, if its smooth enough then that'll do for me. Looks pretty good with most things cranked. Have completed Chapter 1 and have had one random ctd in that time. No launcher issues though.

Back
Top Bottom