Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Because it's clearly an issue with the launcher, given a patched .exe works just fine (when I say fine, it bypasses the launcher and the game loads)

Why would a game be dependant on a specific BIOS version? Updating your BIOS to get a game working isn't, and should never be a legitimate fix for bad software.

Quite clear? It's a launcher problem.

Destiny 2 didn't work on AMD's new CPUs until bios patch. Does that mean Blizzard are a joke?

Aside from that, graphics wise, my rig can play at 4K at playable framerate without any image quality desegregation that is noticeable compared to native 4K and all whacked up settings.

No req to upgrade yet (just) - apart from keeping ahead of console curve.

Soldato
Because it's clearly an issue with the launcher, given a patched .exe works just fine.

Why would a game be dependant on a specific BIOS version? Updating your BIOS to get a game working is, and should never be a legitimate fix for bad software.

The launcher worked for me right from the start and my bios is dated 2014

Caporegime
Destiny 2 didn't work on AMD's new CPUs until bios patch. Does that mean Blizzard are a joke?

Obviously not given that issue was isolated to AMD, the launcher issue isn't specific to AMD. Two completely different issues.

The launcher worked for me right from the start and my bios is dated 2014

Great, fantastic, happy for you.

Soldato
Sometimes GPU companies release drivers to help get the latest game running, i dont see how this is different.
You said it yourself that msi released an update for their motherboard which fixed your issue.
I dont believe R* would have been allowed to release drivers or a bios update for msi hardware.

Anyway glad you got it working, its a great game

Soldato
Im a bit lost, if the issue was your motherboard which msi have sorted with a patch then how are R* to blame?
There is an issue Ryzen motherboards and running the game it seems. This has also appeared with Destiny 2. Reddit has all the details on this. However it only seems to be Ryzen 2 and 3 as I am running X470 on the “affected” Bios version and it’s fine with my 1600X.
However this is only 1 of a plethora of issues that R* seem incapable of resolving.

Caporegime
It took a month for a patch came out for Destiny 2

That's obviously not good and in which case if I had been affected by that i'd certainly be calling them a joke.

You said it yourself that msi released an update for their motherboard which fixed your issue.
I dont believe R* would have been allowed to release drivers or a bios update for msi hardware.

No they wouldn't, but MSI releasing a BIOS update for AMD boards isn't going to help Intel users.

This is 100% proven to be a launcher problem, it's complete pot luck the BIOS update fixes it.

Soldato
Because it's clearly an issue with the launcher, given a patched .exe works just fine (when I say fine, it bypasses the launcher and the game loads)

Why would a game be dependant on a specific BIOS version? Updating your BIOS to get a game working isn't, and should never be a legitimate fix for bad software.

Quite clear? It's a launcher problem.
Totally. Dependency on your bios is totally fail.

Soldato
There is an issue Ryzen motherboards and running the game it seems. This has also appeared with Destiny 2. Reddit has all the details on this. However it only seems to be Ryzen 2 and 3 as I am running X470 on the “affected” Bios version and it’s fine with my 1600X.
However this is only 1 of a plethora of issues that R* seem incapable of resolving.

I have a 2600x with a x470 board (I don't think I have the latest BIOS on it) and it runs fine (of course, with disabling the AV and one CTD when I've changed a key binding :)) ), so Ryzen 2 is not really at fault either.

Soldato
Well the latest patch has had an odd effect on my Vega 56.

It now won't run at full MHz, core and RAM are down by 300MHz. Max load temp <60'c.

Oddly, the game still seems to run fine... weird patch. Weird problem.

Soldato
It's a launcher issue as the game loads fine when using the GTAV launcher mod. Sadly you just end up in a loop and cannot make into a game.

I wonder if part of the launchers DRM security stuff whether it checks values in the BIOS and elsewhere and updating the BIOS resets something enabling some to play but not others.

People are reporting rolling back their BIOS and it working and others are saying the newer version makes it work.

No one seems to know!

Associate
Game is working now on all 7 of my friends machines and mine. Anyone with the launcher issue still, you need to remove the GTAV files and then update your game and it will work. Worked on all of the machines I tested today. This games problems are still not fixed completely but it runs now at least.

Associate
Finished this on ps4 pro last year, played it a few hours on pc the last few days but went back to ps4 to play with a friend last night. I used to think it looked and ran amazing... boy was I wrong lol frame rate on ps4 chugs compared to my PC set up and the graphics are great yeah but just not on par with pc the difference is crazy

Soldato
Finished this on ps4 pro last year, played it a few hours on pc the last few days but went back to ps4 to play with a friend last night. I used to think it looked and ran amazing... boy was I wrong lol frame rate on ps4 chugs compared to my PC set up and the graphics are great yeah but just not on par with pc the difference is crazy

Couldn’t agree more. I completed chapter 1 on PS4 before stopping and waiting for the pc release.

I’ve compared today and true 4k 60hz hdr is a whole new level compared to the pro. The pro looks downscaled, blurry and noticeable less detailed and sharp in comparison, not to mention the 30fps or less slideshow.

Associate
Couldn’t agree more. I completed chapter 1 on PS4 before stopping and waiting for the pc release.

I’ve compared today and true 4k 60hz hdr is a whole new level compared to the pro. The pro looks downscaled, blurry and noticeable less detailed and sharp in comparison, not to mention the 30fps or less slideshow.

The xbox version on the other hand is a master piece visually for console gaming.

Back
Top Bottom