*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Thats kind of missing the point. Its also more hassle for me having to sell the game.

The ps4 was reformed in the slim in 2016 with a £100 off the rrp of the ps4 (around 3 years after originally released).

3 years on from the pro release and no similar drop in rrp.

Soldato
Struggling to see how they can still justify full rrp for the pro (outside of the 'sales' its been consistently £350) 3 years after release, particularly with ps5 likely on the horizon.

Because bundle deals tend to be more appealing and will be a supported promotion with some help from the publisher. It's the same reason that sometimes it's cheaper to buy the bigger box of Corn Flakes in Tesco vs the smaller box; the promotion is on one specific SKU rather than the whole range.

Associate
Does anyone know when new ps now games get announced? I know ps plus is the first Tuesday of the month is psnow the same?

I treated myself to a year of psnow as I managed to get it for £39 for 12 months.

Soldato
Was looking to bag a pro in the sales. Cheapest is still £300 with a game I dont want or already have. What I dont get is just the pro on its own is same price.

Struggling to see how they can still justify full rrp for the pro (outside of the 'sales' its been consistently £350) 3 years after release, particularly with ps5 likely on the horizon.

By comparison microsoft are knocking £150 of their rrp in the sale for a 1x with gears 5 and the 1x is a better console.

What am I missing?

Ah well - will carry on with my 1x and wait till ps5 is out.

Game were doing a trade in any PS4 and get a Pro with COD for £139 which was a great deal. I traded in my launch day PS4 for it.

Associate
I managed to bag a mint 500 million edition PS4 pro locally at the weekend...a thing of beauty :) it upset me a little when I removed the sellophane from it.
Sold my day1 PS4 pro for a decent amount aswell to soften the blow on the wallet.

Soldato
Need some help! My PS4 has become really slow, and laggy in use. Controllers are randomly disconnecting despite being fully charged, and games have horrendous input lag.

I've turned it off and on, that didn't fix it, so must be something more serious...

Any ideas, or suggestions?

Associate
Need some help! My PS4 has become really slow, and laggy in use. Controllers are randomly disconnecting despite being fully charged, and games have horrendous input lag.

I've turned it off and on, that didn't fix it, so must be something more serious...

Maybe formatting may help?

Soldato

My Pro did something similar and it turned out to be the Hard Drive was dying. I swapped out with another and all was fine.

Soldato
Game were doing a trade in any PS4 and get a Pro with COD for £139 which was a great deal. I traded in my launch day PS4 for it.

That is an awesome deal. :eek: How the hell did I miss that one?

I'm angry with myself for missing that, I was so close to doing it

Me too - gutted and disappointed that I let myself miss out on that. My ps4 has been collecting dust for nearly 2 years since I got my 1x. Would have literally chewed both their arms off for that deal, lol :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Was looking to bag a pro in the sales. Cheapest is still £300 with a game I dont want or already have. What I dont get is just the pro on its own is same price.

By comparison microsoft are knocking £150 of their rrp in the sale for a 1x with gears 5 and the 1x is a better console.

What am I missing?

Ah well - will carry on with my 1x and wait till ps5 is out.
I went for the Argos deal. For £319.99 you get the PS4 Pro with the Fortnite code (which I will sell on) + Death Stranding + Extra V2 controller + Blu Ray Movie. Basically you get the movie and the controller for £20 which is a good saving there.

Not the deal I was hoping for, but it is the best I could find and at least I can now catch up on a bunch of exclusives and I am ready for FF7 Remake :D

Back
Top Bottom