*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Need for Speed Heat out tomorrow! Having a blast on the trial the cops are really tough this time around. Anyone picking it up? I'm grabbing Death Stranding too.

Heat is a LOT better than payback. The sounds are amazing of the cars, engine swaps sound different each engine and has a very nice sound track.

Maybe, I quite fancy it. Need for speed always feels like a Christmas game to me, and heat looks pretty good.
The last one I bought was in 2015 IIRC, and wasn't impressed.

Soldato
Heat doesn't look as bad as I thought but I've got a few racers so I'll hold off. I'm getting Death Stranding though, will trade in RDR2 for it I think as I got that on PC for future replay.

Soldato
Ohhh that yeah. Never was fussed about my avatar. Death Stranding and Need For Speed Heat preordered, little treat for myself. 6 hours 30 mins to go !!

Last edited:
Soldato
The 2015 whilst cringe worthy at times was also slightly amusing in a b movie kind of way, I thought that was a pretty decent need for speed over all, I got that plat on it so I def got my moneys worth.

Payback was awful in every way possible, heat looks decent though

Soldato
My [Prey Edition] Pro has been getting proper loud over the last 4 months, previously I had cleaned it out, and replaced the thermal compound (even adding those Grizzly pads for the memory) - but it never lasted, and even in the pause menu on COD it was getting unbearable.

Started looking up the fan and heard the newer Pro has a 'Nidec' fan which some report is near silent - result! But prior to ordering one, I decided to strip the unit right down, for a proper clean - at which point I saw I already had a Nidec fan :( But pressed on and cleaned every inch of it, the worst being the fan itself - each blade had a decent layer of dust on them! Also a decent lump of dust in the heatsink too - which I air dusted and hoovered.

Back together and 3 hours of COD - the thing is now completely silent once again! Thank goodness :)

I haz 4090!
Don
My [Prey Edition] Pro has been getting proper loud over the last 4 months, previously I had cleaned it out, and replaced the thermal compound (even adding those Grizzly pads for the memory) - but it never lasted, and even in the pause menu on COD it was getting unbearable.

Started looking up the fan and heard the newer Pro has a 'Nidec' fan which some report is near silent - result! But prior to ordering one, I decided to strip the unit right down, for a proper clean - at which point I saw I already had a Nidec fan :( But pressed on and cleaned every inch of it, the worst being the fan itself - each blade had a decent layer of dust on them! Also a decent lump of dust in the heatsink too - which I air dusted and hoovered.

Back together and 3 hours of COD - the thing is now completely silent once again! Thank goodness :)

I think getting a pro to run quietly is one of the most rewarding things ever :D

I bought a second pro for the spare room last weekend though, the newest model, and it's definitely an even bigger improvement than sorting out older pros. Not sure what they've done with it but it's a pretty big difference.

Soldato
Is there any way to remote play or broadcast the ps4 to another smart TV in the house? I understand I can remote play on a PC but I simply want to sit in the next room and see it on my other TV. They're both LG.

Soldato
I did a work around with ps4 remote play app downloaded to laptop, laptop attached to TV via hdmi and dualshock attached to laptop via usb. The lag and picture quality made it unplayable, but I suspect that's down to my cruddy sky router/lack of hard wire. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom